My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

Well I think you're mixing up two different ideas. One idea is about maximising growth, and the other idea is about eliminating risk of ruin. The 2% or less refers to trying to eliminate the risk of ruin.

With respect Shakone, 95% of traders/punters chanting the said mantra, would never have even heard of "risk of ruin".

Not at all dear boy, but i respect there's always a chance you could lose everything, as should you, whatever % you risk. At my risk level for the concept i'm trading in this journal, deep drawdowns are entirely plausible, and more than expected.

The mantras of; "never bet more than 2% per trade otherwise you'll blow up", is simply nonsense. The amount to risk depends on the robustness of your concept, and the size of it's edge. The only way i know how to gauge both of these is through extensive backtesting. The last "small" caveat is; you also have to be able to handle the trade size and equity swings mentally.

zippy and george.jpg

george: but but zippy, you've got to gauge the market independently each time you trade...

zippy: don't be stupid george, i'm looking for an absolute that repeats itself each day.

george: oh zippy, you are a very naughty trader.

View attachment 144736

george: but but zippy, you've got to gauge the market independently each time you trade...

zippy: don't be stupid george, i'm looking for an absolute that repeats itself each day.

george: oh zippy, you are a very naughty trader.

Very good Kimo.

I'm not here to convince you to trade one way or the other, i'm just saying what I do. There are many ways to skin our feline friends; mine is just one of them.

Very good Kimo.

I'm not here to convince you to trade one way or the other, i'm just saying what I do. There are many ways to skin our feline friends; mine is just one of them.

i like your style ben, there is something unique about you, and that is totally positive in my book.

(y)

someone else's calls is irrelevant IMHO

what matters is that HE entered the trade....there are 1000s of calls every day issued including on this forum...it is up to the trader to take or leave and be ready to accept the results of their actions

Thanks buddy.

GTTY.

someone else's calls is irrelevant IMHO

what matters is that HE entered the trade....there are 1000s of calls every day issued including on this forum...it is up to the trader to take or leave and be ready to accept the results of their actions

how odd....i'm just repeating what benj said, in response to the prev q, as it was appropriate.

he may be copying the calls inc the SL / TP to the pip, and then feck off to the rat & dogpoo for a game of arrows. but then again he may actually be a little more proactive.

i have no idea, i just posted the facts.

:whistling

no idea what the whistle smiley is supposed to mean, sorry.

sorry benj but your being evasive to someone elses question about your trading style/technique/any details about it, and its your trading journal, and its 110 pages long. and the most i know about your trading is that you copied your calls from a guy you met at a come dine with me party......which is perhaps a reason why your being evasive. and i thought this may help out a little if anyone else wonders exactly how your trading - it is relevant do you not see?

tarde or trade? lol
hes doing well so far whatever his methodology
the only real thing that matters is his PNL. thats the only scorecard that matters, the rest is rhetoric

great words from a great man (has a bit of a cough but try to ignore - v important message):

80 Second Review, Can Personal Development Tools Help You? - YouTube

P.s - as usual, pls pls ignnore his product advertising. ive been accused of having some affiliation with this guy - i honestly dont. just think that he can provide a lot of motivation b4 you trade of arfter to chill. hes got new backing music on his vids now - quite cool and nice i think. (y)

How's Evel doing these days?

dunno scose, last time i saw him he was on a show with hammond the hamster, and he didnt look 2 well. do u know what hes doing now?

GTTY.

p.s - i didnt mean now as in now - 10am, just general what hes upt o, after dinner speaking like nick lesson or whatevs, cheerz

no idea what the whistle smiley is supposed to mean, sorry.

sorry benj but your being evasive to someone elses question about your trading style/technique/any details about it, and its your trading journal, and its 110 pages long. and the most i know about your trading is that you copied your calls from a guy you met at a come dine with me party......which is perhaps a reason why your being evasive. and i thought this may help out a little if anyone else wonders exactly how your trading - it is relevant do you not see?

He's not given an intelligent reply thus far ?

Is he trading with real money yet or Walter Mitty dollars:LOL: