My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

Retail traders are such an insignificant part of the market, that we can all make a profit or loss, with it having no great bearing on the market as a whole!

It gives much comfort to believe this. Ignorance is bliss.

retail traders are plankton - look it up

retail traders are plankton - look it up

Hi lee - What is that supposed to mean?

And the institutional traders are blue whales?

Non institutional retail vol/notional traded is a small % of total vol traded, as JT mentioned we are small enough to all lose or all win. It has v little effect on the market esp considering a large part use brokers/SBs which are not DMA (eg there may not be someone on other side).

Hi lee - What is that supposed to mean?

And the institutional traders are blue whales?

Non institutional retail vol/notional traded is a small % of total vol traded, as JT mentioned we are small enough to all lose or all win. It has v little effect on the market esp considering a large part use brokers/SBs which are not DMA (eg there may not be someone on other side).

there's always someone on the other side. SB is on the other side, how do they make their money. Retail is huge, they are plankton, the last to get in, the last to know but the first and always to lose.

Thats what it means

there's always someone on the other side. SB is on the other side, how do they make their money. Retail is huge, they are plankton, the last to get in, the last to know but the first and always to lose.

Thats what it means

yes lee, ignorance is bliss keep believing it
it will serve you well

there's always someone on the other side. SB is on the other side, how do they make their money.

Yes...
That's why they are grouply named as 'we are on the other side-betting companies' instead of the quite frankly fecked up bizarre and ludicrous moniker 'spread betting' companies, cos that's how they make their money. Nothing to do with spreads at all.

Read, its good!

Haha very good Charnock! I've had to calm down my newbie expectations a little bit - trying to sort out a strategy to backtest before going any further. I will keep you posted.

To put your expectations back on track, just remove the '4' after the second pound sign and change the word 'years' for 'months', 'weeks' or 'days'. Or maybe 'hours' if you really mess up.

To put your expectations back on track, just remove the '4' after the second pound sign and change the word 'years' for 'months', 'weeks' or 'days'. Or maybe 'hours' if you really mess up.

Attachments

• thebird.png
    thebird.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 122
Time's running out for you Benj. Shouldn't you be at around £25K by now?

dont mislead him...he has to grow "only" at the rate of 1.044% per week compounded...that means he needs to be around £25K at week 39 ....almost 9 months from when he starts....

here is a ready reckoner

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 174

As I was sat on my virtually private Atoll in the Maldives I contemplated if Benj had opened a trade.........

Rather than wading through page after page a Precis would be welcome from any of his detractors (or mine) to get me up to speed.......

Must say this weather in the Uk is delighfully to return to compared to the usual....

Happy to send through holiday pics to whomever......:clap:

As I was sat on my virtually private Atoll in the Maldives I contemplated if Benj had opened a trade.........

Rather than wading through page after page a Precis would be welcome from any of his detractors (or mine) to get me up to speed.......

Must say this weather in the Uk is delighfully to return to compared to the usual....

Welcome back. Happy holidays jungerns? No live trades as of yet, been very busy with backtest ideas and formulating a strategy, brainstorming, unclogging bottlenecks and focusing on positivity (tip of hat to Paul Mckenna).

Why would anyone want to see your holiday pics.