My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

Had a good chuckle guys......Thanks

You work out the sources yourself. You both have too much time on you're hands clearly....

Now I'm off to pack Gentleman-hope the Uk weather picks up for ye.....

I have worked it out. I am surprised that you don't wish to admit it's that one that you are using, but it clearly is.

Strange that you back away very quickly when placed on the spot...

Be careful Walter. :LOL:

Guys, can you have this argument on your own thread?? Or if you want to stay post up a chart or something. Cheers.

GTTY.

Don't need to sort anything out, am happy to take my trades as & when they trigger.

But logically speaking, the expectation would be for a downwards move - on the Daily there is a huge amount of Resistance overhead

Same on the 1H, combined with the fact that price failed to break north of the resistance cloud last time it was in it.

all suggest more downwards pressure.

but like I said, I'd take a small pozzie Long with tight controls if it occurs

Good one Ratchoole, Euro really went down today.

GTTY.

Good one Ratchoole, Euro really went down today.

GTTY.

It did, but what was powering it? I guarantee you it was captured by a moving average at some point.

That's about it, no more, 'cats out of bags', from me.

Good trading, sonny Jim.

the difference with Phil talyor is he CAN get better at throwing darts. he knows his enemy...the dartboard in front of him.

with trading you don't know who is your enemy. Look at how banks have maniuplated the markets, this goes on ALL THE TIME out there. you are swimming against the tide and simply by having a PMA ain't going to cut it mate

Everything ive read about trading point to it being mental, and i quote from my latest article, "in trading, the enemy is yourself; you aren't competing against the banks, other traders or hedge funds, you're constantly in a battle against your own emotions, your own biases, AND, your own ego."

Could this be your problem Advtrader?? You think it's the banks manipulating markets, but really you're losing the battle against yourself? Let me know what u reckon of the thought.

GTTY.

It did, but what was powering it? I guarantee you it was captured by a moving average at some point.

Good trading, sonny Jim.

Kimo, thats like saying, "hey ive got something to tell you that's really secret and its gonna blow your mind, but i cant tell you sorry." Well, im going to study the chart, and I WILL tell you what was powering it down ok.

GTTY.

Good trading, sonny Jim.

Unlucky Kimo, found it myself! This is what caused the down move. Done a little picture too (hope you like).

Attachments

• pinbarandrandomstrangeblokewithhatandschooltie.png
    pinbarandrandomstrangeblokewithhatandschooltie.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 163
its a bit of BOTH. thats why its so hard, even if you can master yourself you are still trading against others in the market and you need to beat them too. its shark infested out there !!!

its not just a case of hire a psychologist and you'll be a millionaire trader in no time ....

come back to this post in a few years once you have been beaten into the ground a few times and you will understand a lot better.....

Everything ive read about trading point to it being mental, and i quote from my latest article, "in trading, the enemy is yourself; you aren't competing against the banks, other traders or hedge funds, you're constantly in a battle against your own emotions, your own biases, AND, your own ego."

Could this be your problem Advtrader?? You think it's the banks manipulating markets, but really you're losing the battle against yourself? Let me know what u reckon of the thought.

GTTY.

I've got an account with a spreadbetting firm. About 1 month ago there was a crazy spike on a Nasdaq stock that I trade that never happened in the real market. It was a mistake by the spreadbet company. I bought 2 positions on this price error and made a few hundred pound after closing the positions.
Later that evening, the money that one of teh trades had made was taken back out of my account, saying 'price error' on my statement. Fair enough.
However, the other trade has so far been left alone.
At what point can I consider i've been lucky and will get to keep teh money? Can they get money from me in like a years time for a mistake they made that they never realised for example?

Unlucky Kimo, found it myself! This is what caused the down move. Done a little picture too (hope you like).

Note 1.25200 as a resistance line. Several attempts to breach it failed. The Pin bar does not "cause" any fall (or rise)- it is merely representative of price action which is why many traders pay heed to round numbers etc and price action around them. If you are foolish enough to believe all Pin bars should be traded then you will lose money.

Note 1.25200 as a resistance line. Several attempts to breach it failed. The Pin bar does not "cause" any fall (or rise)- it is merely representative of price action which is why many traders pay heed to round numbers etc and price action around them. If you are foolish enough to believe all Pin bars should be traded then you will lose money.

+1

and the fact the market has been in a down trend since 2/7. Path of least resistance is south.

Some advice to the thread starter:

1. Don't try and pick tops/bottoms.
2. Don't swim against the tide.
3. Follow the trend and try to pick up small, consistent gains.

legally, yes.

hmmm. cheers. Maybe I shoukld just contact them and give it back if I won't be able to every actually enjoy the money without wondering if they'll find out.

Do you think the odds of them finding the error decrese as time goes on?

hmmm. cheers. Maybe I shoukld just contact them and give it back if I won't be able to every actually enjoy the money without wondering if they'll find out.

Do you think the odds of them finding the error decrese as time goes on?

Which SB company was it?

CMC.
The fact that they found 1 of the rogue trades and cancelled it, yet left one of them alone (strange) makes me think that maybe they won't find the error now?

Take the money out and close your account. CMC is a bucket shop among bucket shops, I've no idea why you'd want an account with those clowns in the first place.

Then later on if they discover the error they can chase you for the money, which they won't bother to do.

You get to keep your few hundred fahzoles, you get a new account, bucket shop loses a punter and gets shafted.

Great result all round.

CMC.
The fact that they found 1 of the rogue trades and cancelled it, yet left one of them alone (strange) makes me think that maybe they won't find the error now?

Hi scholfield,

If they've taken one but not the other it's likely they won't, but dont take my word for that.

The simple matter is:

If you ring them and give it back - you lose the money
OR
Keep the money/spend it/save it /do whatever with it and should they come knocking give it back.

We can all go on about morals and doing the right thing, I would agree on this point if you had given £10.00 to a homeless person and they acidentally gave you change of a £20 instead of £5.00 (assuming you would ask for for change :) ) - But this is business and its their responsibility to get it right, if they get it wrong they lose out, not you - should you gain from their mistake, well.... that's up to you!!

Its on your conscience.

Lee

Hi scholfield,

Its on your conscience.

Lee

No it's not.

This is a bucket shop we're talking about, they'll have been robbing him blind from his very first trade. That money is partial restitution.

Take my advice Schol - take the money, close the account. You will end up closing it at some point anyway.

I can't understand how anyone can use that CMC platform anyway. I had a look at a demo for lulz when the Gatekeeper of Premier League Access to Samantha's Kitchen was on here. Jesus, it looked like an arcade game for halfwits (and there could be a good reason for that).