Multiple Timeframe Analysis

Sorry to hear that there are some out there who think my opinions are base-less....

The only thing that I can say is that you are all entitled to your opinions....as am I.

I'm just glad that my traders are making money.

Cheers!

I like your MTF ideas. if you can provide some real examples, it would be more convincing to those who are skeptical about this method.

I strongly agree with that multiple time-frame is a good approach to trading. It is not rubbish. Dr. Alexander Elder ("Trading For A Living" and "Come Into My Trading Room") talks about a triple screen system in his books. It is multiple time-frame analysis.

I think that it is important when using multiple time-frame analysis that you use a second/third time-frame that is an order of magnitude higher. For example, using a 1-minute chart and a 3-minute chart together may not be too useful. Using a 1-minute chart and a 15-minute chart together would be much more useful. Likewise, pair 60-minute with daily, daily with weekly/monthly, etc.. And probably not use 30-min with 60-min, 10-min with 15-min, etc..

I am an intraday momentum scalper. Personally the 1-minute chart is too slow for me. :LOL: :LOL: I use the 1-min chart as a backdrop and I trade off the 21-tick chart. LOL.

Glad to have received all your emails on trading the SSO with success.

For obvious reasons, I've decided to post my MTF charts on my trading blog versus on this board.

I truly believe that true success in trading is not really about charts...it's more about knowing yourself pyschologically, as well as understanding market psychology.

I wish everyone good trading!

.......especially, my critics - it's because of you guys that I opened up a dozen accounts.

I guess what they say is true = "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

Cheers!

Nine,

I'm sorry you feel that a multiple timeframe analysis is rubbish...to each his/her own.

If you had taken the time to read my original post (in lieu of pure bashing), I specifically noted that I teach traders how to use MTF analysis from the very beginner levels.

Also, my traders are able to start with $X amount of firm buying power and then gradually get it increased versus other firms where the buying power is static.

I disagree with your notion that I'm advertising - I'm simply posting free advice and techniques...I have no issue with the MOD killing my post but I think that more people would benefit from it's existence in the message board. Everything on my trading blog is instructive and constructive for traders of all levels. Sorry to hear that you're above my trading advice - I guess you're just too great a trader - I hope to see some of your trading tips for others to experiment with.

Good Trading!

On the contrary, if you are charging $5000 for your course, you should be transparent about it, then the necessity for these posts would not arise.

Split

After several PMs, I've decided to post some of my charts to this forum -- no different from the ones on my trading blog. You can go to my profile to get the website since I'm not allowed to post it in the message body.

Friday's Action:

Okay so now we've gapped-down and experienced violent short squeezes 3 days in a row this week - on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.....

......feels like the markets are now itching to start increasing its P/E ratio!!

Those who are more experienced traders know exactly what this might be setting up for!

The 5-minute charts look healthy...

snapshot-42.png (image)

snapshot-45.png (image)

It looks pretty obvious what the markets are attempting to do on the 15-minute charts...

snapshot-43.png (image)

What the Obama administration does is, of course, paramount to the chart's inclinations but at the moment, the markets seem to be trying hard to assemble some sort of an uptrend movement. Either way, it should be another great week for day trading.

Good Trading!

Last edited:
Okay so now that I've got traders' attention.

If you go to my blog and check out the accuracy and high-probability of the trading technique that I train our traders on, I'm positive you will see that it is a very powerful and highly profitable method of trading.

My trading blog market call record speaks for itself.

Since I'm not allowed to post the link, you can google - "Gil Young Jo trading blog" and click on the link for my blogspot link.

Good Trading!

I understand your reasons for all the timeframes. And I appreciate any strategy that will make someone better in this rough business we're in. I personally don't feel the need for all of those timeframes, but I know it'll help new traders understand the framework of the market.

Hi,

I've been looking for some information on a particular multiple timeframe technique. I don't know if anybody has ever tried it, but I just want to make sure there isn't any major problem using it. The setup is three timeframes like daily, 4 hr and 30 min (other combos like 15 min, 1hr, 4hr can also be used). You can use any indicator like stochastic or even a simple moving average like in the 3 ducks system. Personally, I am practicing with PSAR (0.1, 0.11) wich is more sensitive than the standard 0.02, 0.2 settings.

So you look at the daily chart to see where the major trend is heading. There we can use MACD as in the Elder's triple screen system to find the trend. Next, we look at the 4 hr wich is our trading chart and wait for a PSAR dot to show in the direction of the major trend. Our entry points will be after checking the 30 min chart at each retracement (see arrows in the pic). Once trading orders launched, let roll till the 4hr chart shows a reverse PSAR.

Stop loss would be at the PSAR dot on the 4hr chart and a profit level can also be fixed (same amount as risk). Also, I avoid ranging markets on any timeframes by looking at Bollinger and Kertnel bands.

The first time I read about that technique I thought it was some kind of Holy Grail, but I don't know why people don't seem to be talking about it anymore. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything on that technique. All comment welcome.

Please excuse my french...:)

Chamane

Attachments

• MTF.gif
    MTF.gif
    102 KB · Views: 573
Multi-time Frames Scalping..

I personally trade 60min, 30min, 15min, 10min, 5min and 3min.

I teach my traders to trade only 2 timeframes in the beginning though (of course, after having mastered 1 timeframe analysis technique - either 3min or 5min - depends on their background and personality).

Most traders don't understand why price action dwindles after hitting support on the 5min......they faily to realize that the 15min is showing resistance - thus the 5min support is very short lived. This may be invalidated if the 30min timeframe is indicating the possibility of a possible support level however.

It's not as easy as it sounds - as with everything trading-related of course.....

Where are your moving averages on each timeframe in relation to the stochastic....in relation to the MACD.....in relation to the ROC......?

Multiple tiemframe analysis is the only way to determine whether all the traders are in "sync"

Playing Pool:

1min = pure momentum daytraders
3min = breakout/momentum/support-resistance traders
5min = pretty much on par with 3min traders plus their profits are usually a tad larger due to the extra 2 minutes of built-in momentum/reliability in the timeframe [usually the favorite timeframe of successful daytraders and regular traders alike]
10min = same as 5min plus short-term intraday hedge funds
15min = same as 5min plus slightly higher-profit-oriented hedge funds and mutual funds/institutions
30/60min = same as 15min plus swing traders

Bottom line: the longer your timeframe, the more reliable signals are - due to the built-in momentum ----- it is very easy to break 1min support/resistance levels violently BUT is it not as easy to break 5/15min support/resistance levels

My training method core concept: using the example of a dual timeframe analysis method - confirm that your 5min is in a clear trend then wait for your 1min corresponding support/resistance to initiate a position ---- the shorter your main small timeframe, the faster you have to take profits --- the bigger timeframe analysis allows for more of "letting your profits run" but the flipside is that you have to be willing to add to your position and take on slightly higher levels of risk due to the "lag effect" and "shake-out effect"

I will be posting some videos on this method within the next few weeks.

Good Trading!
I agree with you ideas. I'm very mush interested in seeing your video's
Maddman

I was once told...

A very good post and tottaly agree with you on all points.
Using 1 timefram will never get you anywhere, i am personly using around 5 charts to pinpoint where marked is going, and when all the charts are in synch with eachother thats when you get the good and reliable moves, cause each group that looks at each timeframe are buying or shorting, its a selffullfilling prophecy.

I use 10min+3min+2min+89tick and 144tick charts and with that i am in full controll over my own actions and what to expect from the marked. The marked is very easy to predict if you have the right tools at your dispossel.

Another thing, using only slow stochastics and nothing else will also cause to many bad signals, 2 oschillators usulay gets the work down, i am a big fan of macd and slow stochastocs and moving averages.In combination they are priceless :cool:

Keep up the good work and i will be looking forward to looking at those video you are talking about, i am sure many here is appritiate it.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I was once told that all intelligent people have a dictionary closeby and handy at all times.

My suggestion to you is... go buy yourself a dictionary.

The words are spelled:
M-A-R-K-E-T ...not marked
D-I-S-P-O-S-A-L... not dospossel
U-S-U-A-L-L-Y... not usulay
and
A-P-P-R-E-C-I-A-T-E... not appritiate

Mikviz, I’ve got a real thing about grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and semantics. But that’s just my thing and I realise that.

There’s a big difference between those who spell badly bad talk just great and those who spell badly and just talk crape. Bnaimy is worth reading even with the extra effort required. You have yet to attain such credibility.

And btw - It’s ‘close by’ not ‘closeby’.

I personally trade 60min, 30min, 15min, 10min, 5min and 3min.

I teach my traders to trade only 2 timeframes in the beginning though (of course, after having mastered 1 timeframe analysis technique - either 3min or 5min - depends on their background and personality).

Most traders don't understand why price action dwindles after hitting support on the 5min......they faily to realize that the 15min is showing resistance - thus the 5min support is very short lived. This may be invalidated if the 30min timeframe is indicating the possibility of a possible support level however.

It's not as easy as it sounds - as with everything trading-related of course.....

Where are your moving averages on each timeframe in relation to the stochastic....in relation to the MACD.....in relation to the ROC......?

Multiple tiemframe analysis is the only way to determine whether all the traders are in "sync"

Playing Pool:

1min = pure momentum daytraders
3min = breakout/momentum/support-resistance traders
5min = pretty much on par with 3min traders plus their profits are usually a tad larger due to the extra 2 minutes of built-in momentum/reliability in the timeframe [usually the favorite timeframe of successful daytraders and regular traders alike]
10min = same as 5min plus short-term intraday hedge funds
15min = same as 5min plus slightly higher-profit-oriented hedge funds and mutual funds/institutions
30/60min = same as 15min plus swing traders

Bottom line: the longer your timeframe, the more reliable signals are - due to the built-in momentum ----- it is very easy to break 1min support/resistance levels violently BUT is it not as easy to break 5/15min support/resistance levels

My training method core concept: using the example of a dual timeframe analysis method - confirm that your 5min is in a clear trend then wait for your 1min corresponding support/resistance to initiate a position ---- the shorter your main small timeframe, the faster you have to take profits --- the bigger timeframe analysis allows for more of "letting your profits run" but the flipside is that you have to be willing to add to your position and take on slightly higher levels of risk due to the "lag effect" and "shake-out effect"

I will be posting some videos on this method within the next few weeks.

Good Trading!

So the longer your time frame the more reliable the signals. Rubbish...If it was the case why work down to the lowest common denominator of the unreliable timeframe/even more so the indicator derived from that timeframe!!!!. Seems to be a self defeating system as usual!

I thought that I was reading

Multiple Timeframe Analysis.

Such an impressive title, considering the content. I think that I prefer Schwager. :LOL: