multiple screen monitors

johnk49

Could anyone give me a few website links for purchasing multiple screen monitors in the UK?

On Google they all seem to be American based.Much obliged.

John, do you mean more than one physical monitor or multiple screens on a single monitor?

If you're looking to run more than one physical monitor you can AFAIA just plug in another graphics card into your PC. I believe you can run two monitors off each card. And it doesn't matter which monitors you use.

Try www.novatech.co.uk or www. dabs.com -or cclcomputers.biz.
if you are a business try bluepoint.com (needs registration and business account) - by far the best.

if you are buying multiple monitors you can also get deals from dell

Remeber you will need a new or another graphics card.

Russell
johnk49 said:
Could anyone give me a few website links for purchasing multiple screen monitors in the UK?

On Google they all seem to be American based.Much obliged.

I have been thinking of buying a quad card to link up 4 monitors, but I have suffered from performance problems doing this in the past.

My latest thinking is to link up only 2 monitors, but one of which will be a large plasma screen so that I can have almost 4 screens' worth of charts on it. I am wondering if anyone has tried doing this before and whether the resolution is acceptable as most plasma screens only take XGA type input without very few accepting a DVI input.

Would I have a problem if the link to the plasma screen is analogue(via a DVI to analogue adaptor) while the other monitor uses the DVI cable.

Thanks.

Infobull

Plasma resolution is poor- a backward step if you think you can ram lots onto it.... OK if you want to read one chart from 50 metres away. :cheesy:
4 Monitors driven by 1 AGP +3PCI or a dual head + 2 PCI should in no way affect performance to any noticeable degree- if it did, something went badly wrong!

i have a video s connection on the back of my computer.
does anyone know if i connect this to a tv can it be used as a monitor?

thanks in advance

aarie5 said:
i have a video s connection on the back of my computer.
does anyone know if i connect this to a tv can it be used as a monitor?

thanks in advance

A tv/video output will connect to a TV as a monitor but resolution is very poor, in my experience you can not read anything below about font size 12 so can't read the icons on yuor desktop, it is also likely anyway that if the tv out is from your video card the display will switch between monitor and tv ie. you can't have both running at once (except during start-up where if you have both running the tv will display in black&white and monitor in colour), its one or the other once windows is running.

*Note this was using a Gefore 4Mx with Tv/Out

aarie5 - yes you can connect it to your tv but remember the resolution will be (much) less than on your monitors. The best res i've ever managed to get onto a tv is 800x600. i believe modern lcds can do a bit better than this tho.

yup i love pressing "SHIFT-RUNSTOP" - press play on tape. oh-no commodore 64 actually....ah memories.