Multi Timeframe Analysis

mrcartel

Can anyone help me with understanding multiple timeframe analysis? I day the eminis and would like some guidance on what constitute as the long term trend and intermediate trend? I've read the hourly chart is the LT and 15 min is the short term.

Can anyone help me with understanding multiple timeframe analysis? I day the eminis and would like some guidance on what constitute as the long term trend and intermediate trend? I've read the hourly chart is the LT and 15 min is the short term.

very much depends on your timeframe. if 15min is short term, what would you classify those trading the 1 minute..
wouldn't get too carried away with the terminology, for me long term is weekly. Then i analyse daily, then hourly, then 15min. Personally I don't go lower.
I recognise that the weekly has no bearing on my 15min chart, so I generally am only concerned with my trading timeframe, and am bothered by the trend on two timeframes higher. 4 hourly doesn't come into the picture for me, I see very little more or less than I can from the hourly and daily. That's just me though.
hope that helps.
Find out a timeframe that works for you. It could be a 3 minute vs 5 or 2day vs daily or 2 hourly vs hourly etc. Nothing wrong with thinking differently.
I think it was Gann who mentioned a 3day chart was a good compromise between daily and weekly, but then again nobody could fathom what the hell gann was going on about!!

Hello

I think understanding multiple tf analysis can be helped by looking at Alexander Elder’s books ( “Come into my trading room” etc), the sections on triple screen trading. He goes into intermediate and long term trend definitions, he’s also good for trend analysis info. I just searched “triple screen” on T2W’s forum titles, there's been threads on it in the past.

Good luck

Thanx!...I day trade the NQ using 300, 900, 2700 tick charts. I focus more on the 900 tick chart to determine the trend and trade off the 300 for execution. I did read info on the internet about Elder's multi time frame and how your LT chart is the tide, the interm chart is the wave, and the short term is the ripple. I developed a bad habit in the beginning of focusing on the 300 tick versus looking up to see the direction I truly should be going in and totally neglecting the 2700. Should I use the 2700 as my true trend or the intermediate as I have been doing? What weight should I give to a 60 min chart or 15 min chart?