Multi-Screen Setups?

iota

Anybody rocking multi-monitor setups? Is it worth shelling a few extra quid for?

Been wondering if more than one monitor will help me keep an eye on everything better, as I seem to have more charts than screen space.

Ta.

Definitely more than one monitor will help you keep a better eye on other / broader markets.

I'm using 2 monitors. Adding a 2nd monitor will definitely give you a better look at what's happening. More than 2 for me would just make me dizzy and confused!

Peter

Anybody rocking multi-monitor setups? Is it worth shelling a few extra quid for?

Been wondering if more than one monitor will help me keep an eye on everything better, as I seem to have more charts than screen space.

Ta.

Depends, If you're swinging and you use a decent charting package (with alerts set for conditions to be met etc.) in theory you'd be OK using even a netbook. But imho, if you are doing the job for a living you should invest (even a little bit) in order to make the job easier in so many ways..circa 1500 quid gets you a very fast pc + 3 decent monitors and all the cables, software nec.

Depends, If you're swinging and you use a decent charting package (with alerts set for conditions to be met etc.) in theory you'd be OK using even a netbook. But imho, if you are doing the job for a living you should invest (even a little bit) in order to make the job easier in so many ways..circa 1500 quid gets you a very fast pc + 3 decent monitors and all the cables, software nec.
Actually I was looking around (PC is dying anyway) and I could see a couple of decent dual monitor capable PCs for well under a grand.

(y)

Actually I was looking around (PC is dying anyway) and I could see a couple of decent dual monitor capable PCs for well under a grand.

(y)

if you're buying make sure you get a PC with a graphics-card that allows at least four monitors, that way if you decide to go from two to three (I find three very useful not just for trading, but also working in general - one for email, one for documents, pdfs or market data, one for Word, Excel or whatever), then the only outlay is for a new monitor, not dismantling and upgrading parts of the PC itself.

(y)

For sure, not sure what the guys at multi monitors charge for a 2 screen set up + an i3 pc, should be entry level about a grand. I'm trying to justify a 9 screen 24" set up + i7 to put in the conservatory, just for the helluva it..Won't make me any more cash just make it look like I actually work for a living/know what I'm doing...:D

I'v got a Dell setup with 6 monitors. Its a standard PC that I specified on their site, just opt for 2 graphics cards (three monitors on each) then away you go.... I wouldn't be without it, and as someone already said its not useful just for trading.

if you're on a tight budget check out ebay, i managed to pick up a laptop, matrox triplehead to go (external triple display device) and three dell 20" monitors for just over £500.

Normally I'm fine with a bit of fleabay, but I like PCs shiny new. Good call though.

:)

...circa 1500 quid gets you a very fast pc + 3 decent monitors and all the cables, software nec.

That is ridiculously expensive if you're planning on using it just for trading. Try half that.

I've recently gone from 2 to 3 monitors. Apart from looking impressive (which earns you no dosh at all), it does make life a lot easier: no pi$$ing about with tabs/windows/resizing and you can see what you need to see at a glance.

Well recommended.

That is ridiculously expensive if you're planning on using it just for trading. Try half that.

More expensive is not always better, although I believe you tend to get what you pay for. If you where a painter for instance would you buy cheap brushes?

More expensive is not always better, although I believe you tend to get what you pay for. If you where a painter for instance would you buy cheap brushes?

If they do exactly the same job, then yeah.

This is the same area where you can pay hundreds of dollars for people to install your games console. Do you think they put the 2 cables in much better then you?

I'v got a Dell setup with 6 monitors. Its a standard PC that I specified on their site, just opt for 2 graphics cards (three monitors on each) then away you go.... I wouldn't be without it, and as someone already said its not useful just for trading.

:devilish:

here`s mine--takes 8 screens in all--its my living so its an overhead. Cost about a grand not including the temporary wallpaper table. Fairly top end running 8gb ram--Sorry if pic is too big.
30xd109.jpg

Last edited: