MT5 programming for cash

Pat494

Legendary member
I have been trading 10+ years and have come up with some ideas !
The problem is I am no good at programming.
So is there someone out there who would be willing to program some simple ideas for cash?

PM me if you think you could. I would expect proof of previous success before contracting.

Can't help on the programming side as my skills are extremely basic, but wonder why you're going for v5 rather than v4 which has a much wider support base?

Can't help on the programming side as my skills are extremely basic, but wonder why you're going for v5 rather than v4 which has a much wider support base?

I think I am right in saying that they are withdrawing their ( Metaquotes ) support for MT4. So MT5 will have to do.

I think I am right in saying that they are withdrawing their ( Metaquotes ) support for MT4. So MT5 will have to do.
Do you have any source for that as I suspect I, among a few hundred thousand others, will be slightly miffed if that is the case.

Just checked the metaquotes website in a state of 'heightened interest' and don't see any indication of cessation of support for v4. They are in fact churning out tablet and ios versions as recently as a few months back so I can't see any imminent change to support, availability or continued utilisation.

TFFT

there is a new version coming out - not sure when, as it was already supposed to of been rolled out a few months ago

MT 4.5, as hardly anyone wants or uses MT5

most indicators can still be used from MT4, but some will require some modification
and MT4.5s code is being upgraded to include some of MT5s coding language

but as its taking so long, it may just be a ruse to abandon it (likely due to compilations)
and then force everyone onto MT5, which is apparently slower, possibly in execution

when MT4.5 will be released has become a bit of a rolling joke and even the mods on the Metaquotes website have about given up

but even with MT5 reported as slightly slower, its probably best to code in MQ5, due to MT4 and 4.5 just being scrapped

Freelancer.co.uk has tons of good programers one can hire for a price, and a good feedback system to see their past history, and quite often use it if i get stuck
Metaquotes also has programmers for hire on their site

but as always there are scammers out there - especially on forums

there is a new version coming out - not sure when, as it was already supposed to been rolled out a few months ago

MT 4.5, as hardly anyone wants or uses MT5

most indicators can still be used from MT4, but some will require some modification
and MT4.5s code is being upgraded to include some of MT5s coding language
Sounds like a real dog's dinner. The idea of introducing any new release of software that isn't backwards compatible is normally commercial suicide. Unless you have a genuine monopoly, people tend to look for completely different solutions rather than get around the inconvenience foisted on them by the stupidity of the provider.

v4.5 sounds (even more literally) as half-baked at v5 in terms of ignoring the millions of lines of v4 code that people don't want to have to be put in a position of having to re-engineer.

Sounds like a real dog's dinner. The idea of introducing any new release of software that isn't backwards compatible is normally commercial suicide. Unless you have a genuine monopoly, people tend to look for completely different solutions rather than get around the inconvenience foisted on them by the stupidity of the provider.

v4.5 sounds (even more literally) as half-baked at v5 in terms of ignoring the millions of lines of v4 code that people don't want to have to be put in a position of having to re-engineer.

i think you hit the nail on the head
and unfortunately MT5 seemed to be the brokers idea package, but not for traders - so was no real surprise not many really liked it, unless you like all the Algo testing, which is much improved

its just a bit of a waiting game to see how the beta testing goes, although information on that is a bit thin
Tradesation looks an interesting option and seems to get good feedback off others in similar dilemmas and seems some use both MT4 and Tradestation already

it will stuff many up if they do just drop both MT4 and 4.5
but what can we do ?

Just checked the mql4 forums. There is/was an integration of v4 and v5 planned so that both could run under a unified compiler. Meaning all the extra stuff from v5 is available to v4, but no changes required in either version. Nice idea in theory but I understand the structure for v5 was so radically different which is what prevented running v4 code through the v5 compiler in the first place.

How they plan to now make that a reality would seem a useful goal given the respective user bases, but would have been far more sensible thinking it through beforehand.

If v4 ever does get the boot, it'll be a great way to concentrate the mind and focus on what bits really matter. Probably do most of us a favour.