MT4 virus made me lose all the money in my account.

fouclycm

Hi all! I am writing to warn you about a virus that mined my account in MT4 and left it at zero. He started opening and closing trades without being able to stop them, in a few minutes he made me lose $ 2000. Disconnect my PC and re-open the account in my broker began to do the same until I left without a penny.
When I contacted my boroker they said it was not a problem of their platform, and virus mined MT4 and blew the money from the account. I know of several traders who are going through the same thing, apparently in a virus that is recently doing this damage. Please be very careful with the EAs that discharge, I am not sure what type of EAs are the ones that are contaminated.

Thanks for the warning.
Did you purchase a programme or test one to get the virus ?
Which anti virus programme are you running ?

Virus EA

Lately we are very vulnerable in EA'S. We must be very careful because the viruses are causing damage to the economy of many people

I think the more likely explanation is the EA you were using had a fault and started opening closing trades. Far more likely to be a programming error than a virus - or it was a deliberate malicious EA that you were running.

You should contact the vendors of the EA you were using and report the fault.

I can't see how a virus could affect a Metatrader platform in this way. unless you loaded a new EA yourself it has no way of it getting onto the platform - metatrader doesn't visit random webpages - it doesn't download any data that doesn't come from the server - so it must be the fault of an EA you were running.

I think the more likely explanation is the EA you were using had a fault and started opening closing trades. Far more likely to be a programming error than a virus - or it was a deliberate malicious EA that you were running.

You should contact the vendors of the EA you were using and report the fault.

I can't see how a virus could affect a Metatrader platform in this way. unless you loaded a new EA yourself it has no way of it getting onto the platform - metatrader doesn't visit random webpages - it doesn't download any data that doesn't come from the server - so it must be the fault of an EA you were running.

If friend, apparently the DLL was not reliable, I did not know it and I did the EA download.

Ah yes - always beware of an EA with a DLL attached. Code in an EA (the ex4 file) is ringfenced by Metatrader so it can't do much damage to your computer - however if the EA calls code in a DLL then it can do absolutely anything it wants to - such as deleting files, installing a trojan, installing a keylogger, uploading your personal files to a crook etc..

So unless there's a particularly good reason to use an EA with a .DLL file I would avoid it at all costs. You simply don't know what you are running.

Strange that you should mention it but my EA seems to have gone beserk. The last 15 trades have all been shorts and all wrong !
On checking the EA's details I see I checked the DLL import and the expert import. I have unchecked both in case they are the cause.

how long did you run it on demo?

With different settings for about 2 weeks. New settings this week as the others were not doing very well. Profitable yesterday. But well down today.

Ah yes - always beware of an EA with a DLL attached. Code in an EA (the ex4 file) is ringfenced by Metatrader so it can't do much damage to your computer - however if the EA calls code in a DLL then it can do absolutely anything it wants to - such as deleting files, installing a trojan, installing a keylogger, uploading your personal files to a crook etc..

So unless there's a particularly good reason to use an EA with a .DLL file I would avoid it at all costs. You simply don't know what you are running.

Yes, unfortunately I did not know anything about this before, and hey, the money is already lost ... it's a shame :(