MT4 PnL reports

koteltrader

I'm not sure whether this particular forum is the right home for this thread - mods please feel free to move it if you can think of somewhere better to be asking the below.

I was hoping some of you with good knowledge of reports generation in MT4 can help out.

Use case:
I want to generate a report of all trades and their associated charges for a given period, but only for that period (e.g. 1-31 August 2018).
MT4 provides an accurate picture of all closed trades but open / floating trade data is cumulative (i.e. if I opened one lot on GBPUSD in April 2018, the open / floating positions section of the MT4 report for August will show me the cumulative P/L to 31 August, plus all associated charges since the position was first opened. The problem I'm trying to solve is that when generating a report, I only want to see what subset of charges was incurred during the specified reporting period.

I'm sure this can't be an unusual request, particularly for those of us who need to provide accurate info for tax purposes.

Any suggestions folks?