MT4 or MT5?

Mike80

4 3
Hey

i came back after a pause and wanted to know which is better to use? MT4 or MT5? MT4 is closer and more convenient for me, but probably sooner or later all brokers will come to MT5?

Any ideas?

Reactions: dutchy1986

trendie

Legendary member
6,841 1,400
I found the performance of MT4 fell off a cliff, if I had more than 4 charts open at a time.
Might have something to do with processing power, something on the MT4 code, or my PC, ( as every other broker tried to convince me)
I suspected that the indicators I was using, were somehow resource hungry.
Nope!
MT5 is excellent.
I currently have 8 charts open, (dont know why, I only trade 2!). but performance, and latency is fine.
No glitchy mouse movements.

I now prefer MT5 over MT4.

Just my personal experience.

Also, if you use indicators at all, you might want to see where the development buzz is, MT4, or MT5, so you know if you will be served by the MT community.
Don't want to be in a position that add-ons that you may use, might not be supported, because everyones moved to MT5, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: angelandrews

Mike80

4 3
I found the performance of MT4 fell off a cliff, if I had more than 4 charts open at a time.
Might have something to do with processing power, something on the MT4 code, or my PC, ( as every other broker tried to convince me)
IAlso, if you use indicators at all, you might want to see where the development buzz is, MT4, or MT5, so you know if you will be served by the MT community.
Don't want to be in a position that add-ons that you may use, might not be supported, because everyones moved to MT5, etc.

hey,

sounds interesting. I now have MT4 and about 8 charts are open - it works very quickly and without freezes. I have a fairly old computer, there are still WIN-8

The first 3 charts are on the forex samurai robot (I like everything so far), a couple of indicators (MA and RSI) are on chart 4, another 4 charts are without indicators, but with a panel for manual trading. Working really fast.

The problem with MT5 is that a lot of different indicators have been made for MT4. But maybe there will be a future for MT5.

Thanks for your opinion, it means a lot to me (at least, someone is reading forum :))

hatemypips

Established member
693 59
Hey

i came back after a pause and wanted to know which is better to use? MT4 or MT5? MT4 is closer and more convenient for me, but probably sooner or later all brokers will come to MT5?

Any ideas?
MT4 is old and test platform however MT5 is more advanced and has major upgrades in backtesting capabilities, in-built economic calendar, etc.

Reactions: IceThor

MJ7896

4 1
MT4 is reliable and easy to use, intuitive, and doesn’t crash. Although it has a few annoying features but it works well enough, and allows traders like me to stay on top of my trades and charts at the same time.

angelandrews

16 0
MT4 all the way for me! Its simplicity is its strength. I have changed many brokers from cmc markets to icm to currently fxview, but never felt the need to use any other trading platform.

maby8

49 8
I still stick with MT4. While MT5 is supposed to be better in some ways I do not really think it is and MT4 works just as well for me and so I use it.

tradingout

52 8
Both are good trading platform. MT5 is more advanced and "upgraded" version of MT4

HeavLeighGill

87 21
I like using MT4 much better but may just be more used to it so not wanting to change up. It seems like more of the brokers that I've looked at offer MT4 over MT5, or they offer both. MT4 is so popular that I see it sticking around, but it's plausible that MT5 could take over in the future. For now I'm sticking with what I'm used to though.

reecerispoli

15 2
Hey

Any ideas?
It’s all down to personall preference
I like and find MT4 I’d the one for me

no_frame

33 7
It depends on a trader though. While MT5 certainly exhibits a number of new features & may appeal to some traders, others may prefer the straightforward & simple nature of MT4.

pezza55

38 7
I have always worked off of MT4. I find it really reliable and simple to use. I have been trying to work with MT5 more recently, there are a few new bits on there that I have found interesting. I think I might switch over in time but not in a rush.

absence

54 10
I have always worked off of MT4. I find it really reliable and simple to use. I have been trying to work with MT5 more recently, there are a few new bits on there that I have found interesting. I think I might switch over in time but not in a rush.
They are quite advanced, but i think you will get used to it soon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock