MT4 or MT5?

Mike80

Hey

i came back after a pause and wanted to know which is better to use? MT4 or MT5? MT4 is closer and more convenient for me, but probably sooner or later all brokers will come to MT5?

Any ideas?

I found the performance of MT4 fell off a cliff, if I had more than 4 charts open at a time.
Might have something to do with processing power, something on the MT4 code, or my PC, ( as every other broker tried to convince me)
I suspected that the indicators I was using, were somehow resource hungry.
Nope!
MT5 is excellent.
I currently have 8 charts open, (dont know why, I only trade 2!). but performance, and latency is fine.
No glitchy mouse movements.

I now prefer MT5 over MT4.

Just my personal experience.

Also, if you use indicators at all, you might want to see where the development buzz is, MT4, or MT5, so you know if you will be served by the MT community.
Don't want to be in a position that add-ons that you may use, might not be supported, because everyones moved to MT5, etc.

Last edited:
Hey

i came back after a pause and wanted to know which is better to use? MT4 or MT5? MT4 is closer and more convenient for me, but probably sooner or later all brokers will come to MT5?

Any ideas?
MT4 is old and test platform however MT5 is more advanced and has major upgrades in backtesting capabilities, in-built economic calendar, etc.

MT4 is reliable and easy to use, intuitive, and doesn’t crash. Although it has a few annoying features but it works well enough, and allows traders like me to stay on top of my trades and charts at the same time.

MT4 all the way for me! Its simplicity is its strength. I have changed many brokers from cmc markets to icm to currently fxview, but never felt the need to use any other trading platform.

I like using MT4 much better but may just be more used to it so not wanting to change up. It seems like more of the brokers that I've looked at offer MT4 over MT5, or they offer both. MT4 is so popular that I see it sticking around, but it's plausible that MT5 could take over in the future. For now I'm sticking with what I'm used to though.

I have always worked off of MT4. I find it really reliable and simple to use. I have been trying to work with MT5 more recently, there are a few new bits on there that I have found interesting. I think I might switch over in time but not in a rush.

I've been using MT4 since I started trading.
I'm a stickler for comfort I'm afraid and if it ain't broken don't fix it