More Trading Equals More Success Sooner

Pipsaholic

Anyone who has a solid trading strategy found by increasing trading frequency helps or hinders there progression?

Willing to take more hits to get to the final goal as the numbers i believe work out in the end rather than setting an x trades per day limit.

Yes like the majority state trade less and less and more less and get nowhere.

Overtrading can destroy ones account. Efficient trading is better that could meen trading less or frequently depending on conditions. So there's no rule I know of that says more trading is best.

I don't think there's a direct correlation between profitability and trading frequency. Also, it depends on your strategy, plus your mental and psychological capacity - it is definitely possible to overdo it.

I don't think there's a direct correlation between profitability and trading frequency. Also, it depends on your strategy, plus your mental and psychological capacity - it is definitely possible to overdo it.

Exactly!

There would probably be a stronger correlation for technical traders with a solid strategy, than a fundamental trader.

But there is always more variables to factor in

Anyone who has a solid trading strategy found by increasing trading frequency helps or hinders there progression?

Willing to take more hits to get to the final goal as the numbers i believe work out in the end rather than setting an x trades per day limit.

Yes like the majority state trade less and less and more less and get nowhere.
If you have a strategy that works and you make a profit you dont need to trade MORE to get better returns you just need to increase your lot size. Its basic maths.
10 trades at 1 lot gives £1,000 profit.
10 trades at 10 lots gives £10,000 profit.
If you dont have enough capital for 10 lots start with 1 and if your system is profitable increase each time. This is not a race!

More trading = more profit for the broker :)
More experience = better results
More patience = better results
More study = better results

I believe that all of this depends more on your strategy and how profitable it is. Of course, if it’s lacking, then trading more is only going to cause you to lose more money.

More trading = more profit for the broker :)
More experience = better results
More patience = better results
More study = better results

This is very well said. I will add that it is HOW you trade and HOW you study, too. Lots of people jump from method to method, study lots of garbage advice and otherwise head down a million wrong paths. This is a normal part of the beginner's learning process, but too many more experienced people never advance beyond this stage. They are stuck in the "find the next great new thing" world, and therefore never get better results.