Missing Thread - "Can Anyone Decipher This?"

TheBramble

Legendary member
There was a thread named along these lines a while back (within the last few months) that is no longer available. Not sure in which forum it was initially started.

The mods haven't deleted it and I can only imagine the thread starter has deleted his first post (and therefore the entire thread along with it) for some reason.

However, there were some incredibly interesting posts on it and I wondered if anyone else had taken any notes, extracts, abstracts from it that they'd be willing to share.

I had marked it for in-depth review once I had more time (which I did yesterday) - a real disappointment to find it gone.

Although this type of thread removal could not now occur under the new version of t2w (released May 1st), it's a real pity to have lost the posts in that particular thread. Time, effort and thoughts generously given by a large number of members on issues of a very deep, unusual and interesting nature. It would be a real pity if they've disappeared for good.

Any help much appreciated.

I think skimbleshanks knows of the guy who was trading this method. I think it was something like he would look for 2 lower lows, and go long ,then draw a line from the previous top and look for the market to trade back up and test or break the high,something on those terms.

But best ask skimbleshanks he would know more than me as I think he got to know the guy, and I believe he only traded to the long side. And you can trade it on any time frame.

CJ

TheBramble asked me before he posted above; it would appear that the thread starter has deliberately removed the thread. In which case I am annoyed that I bothered to spend more than an hour in writing two long detailed posts, together with annotated charts to illustrate, in response to the question posted. Had I known that it was the poster's intention to remove my work then I would not have wasted my precious time in bothering to respond with the unique information I had gained over several months from the trader concerned. I know who the poster is, and I shall not waste my time again with him.

Skimbleshank just hope this guy who deleted the thread is not trying to sell trading methods to the public and it be in your best interest to post your work back on the thread the same as Richard Dennis did when a third party who benefiting from is work,

If you have got the spare time, post what you know about is work and maybe this time we can all learn or add to his work.

Best

CJ

I think Skim's motivation to repeat that work would be very low - with good reason.

I've still had no reply to my PM to the fellow concerned about his reasons for doing this, although he has been active on the site since I sent it.

Ditto Skim's position on any future help for that particular individual.

THE BRAMBLE

Name the person involved in removing the thread,

CJ

Hmmm.. Are we sure he actually removed it?

I've noticed that since the upgrade some posts which I saved and compiled into a text file, no longer come up in the search! :cry:

I have had similar experiences to ford - some stuff just doesn't sem to appear now - images amongst others

Perhaps the originator could say if he has removed his original post and if he did, why.

Regards

bracke

cj12 said:
Name the person involved in removing the thread,

No. I wont do that. It wouldn't be appropriate.

I have PM'd the person - twice - to ask for an explanation (nothing heavy - it could have been an accident after all), but there's been no response. He has been active on the site though, so it's unlikely he hasn't got the PMs.

So he would go long once the second low was confirmed. How would you know it was actually a low and not say a 15min retracement before more selling began?

Or was this more of a daily thing?