Mini Dow daytrading

This is what I meant about the Pivot points overlapping: ATM the price is stuck between monthly R1 and weekly R1, what a bore

Market still squeezed between the two R1. Once it breaks out it could go for a decent move, but which way? I sligthly favour the downside.

The price holds very well even when the tick goes down, this is very bullish too, but still not 100% convinced

Short at 8142 after evening star and engulfing pattern around the area of the DP.
I might be wrong, but for me it was a false break out. Target 8104

Are you using EMA crosses and MACD? At least it looks like it on my charts.

In any event, thanks for the thread and the commentary.

Are you using EMA crosses and MACD? At least it looks like it on my charts.

In any event, thanks for the thread and the commentary.
Hi Jimbob, welcome to the thread.
I don't use MACD at all, I find that it lags too much.
I use mostly pivot points and candlestick petterns around the pivot points; also I have a close look to Tick and Trin and the NASDAQ and the TRINQ.
I use the moving averages only when the market are trendy, especially I might reenter a position when the price test the 5min 8 MA or the 15M 8 MA, but only if I rekon that there is a strong trend. In this case a cross of the 5min 8 and 20 MA might be a cofirmation of a trend.
In most cases the market is choppy and keep bouncing back and forth from a pivot to another, in this situation MA are useles IMO

My pleasure.
Guys I am off to Amsterdam. See you all on Tuesday. Have a good long sunny week end.
Aaaaaamsterdaaaaaam = fuuuuuuun

Good morning all.
I kept in Amsterdam longer than expected.
Yesterday I had a great trading day, but could not post, as had plenty of phone calls to make.
See you all at 2:00

Yesterday the YM was perfect with all the PP lined up in an ideal postion, only a monthly resistence in the way. Unfortunately it doesn't happen very often, as I love this situation.
Today the future is up and smashed 8500; it could be very interesting

Sorry guys, a bit late. I missed the opening.
PP not lying well today. I am now short at 8495. Target 8439