Mini-Dax Futures from Oct. 28th 2015

Long overdue , but will there be a decent volume ?

Think it will be a success.

The DAX is incredibly volatile so a real traders dream, what kept many away from that was it's point value.

At 5€ / point for the new Mini it should probably attract a new generation of traders.

And also part of the reason they decided to go for this, lure some business away from CFD providers and all that other OTC stuff out there that's not traded on a real, transparent and regulated exchange, with all corresponding detriment to the trader.

MM will love the 1 point minimum price fluctuation ...

Hyvä päivä,

no, never looked at those, I only trade futures.

Happy to.

:)

Let's see how it develops over the next several months.

Volume much better today, spread around 2 full points, hopefully will continue to improve and be a nice alternative to the full Dax

Just been looking at a chart for y'days Fdxm, pretty horrid gaps everywhere, so whilst it's better than day one I imagine slippage could be awful. Prob going to be weeks/months before we see if it could be a decent alternate to SB/CFD trading.

Yup going to take some time for it to become properly liquid.

Bit of a chicken / egg thing.

I remember reading when they launched the Spoos back when, the CME came up with all kinda incitements to get traders out of other pits to come and get that started with some proper liquidity.

Think there hasn't been a major new instrument launched in quite a while in a major index.

Talking of which.

Might be a bit blonde at the moment but can't for the life of me seem to find the FTSE 100 futures daily volume on the ICE site, does anyone know ?

Thanks

:)

How are things progressing with the mini DAX?
Would be fantastic if you guys don't mind updating every now and then :clap:
(auch falls es in Deutsch geschrieben ist!)

Few thousand mini contracts traded daily which is nothing compared to the big Dax volume . And wider spreads .