Military Tactics and Trading

barjon said:
Fader,

Very true. However, the T2W site guidelines spell out the limits. We do try to keep threads flowing and on-topic and ensure that posts remain civilised, polite and free of personal attacks. The vast majority of members want it that way.

good trading

jon
I stand by my claim that the best traders and professionals in the world do so without emotion, I cant help it if that clashes with Socrates ego, he was the one that reacted with name calling, making my point for me in fact

Fader said:
I stand by my claim that the best traders and professionals in the world do so without emotion, I cant help it if that clashes with Socrates ego, he was the one that reacted with name calling, making my point for me in fact
I quote you:~

A fate worse than death - now I envy the silence of your namesake's grave. UNQUOTE

What do you mean by this inflammatory remark because you cannot keep up with discussions, that you wish me dead, or what ?

I did not react by calling you any names. But equally I am not here to put up with your immature impertinence.

Any member on this site will confirm to you I have a reputation for ferocity in slamming down any nonsense.

If and when you choose to engage me in argument, you had better have a really good one, as I never engage from a position of weakness, to the contrary I always engage from a position of strength.

This is because I have all the facts at my fingertips and because I can.

Now be off with you.

1. They stay neutral
2. They have a business plan
3. They keep a journal
4. They focus on 1 to 3 techniques that suit them well
5. They are great money managers
6. They are comfortable with risk and uncertainty
7. They accept personal responsibility for all of their trading action
8. They use risk capital to trade

hmmm look at the number 1 characteristic of professional traders, so important that it heads the list

Strange but I dont see "get a buzz" at the top of the list

Last edited:
No, because you have not truly mastered any of it, you are just talking about it. When you truly master a difficult topic, you get a buzz. No buzz - no mastery, sorry.

SOCRATES said:
No, because you have not truly mastered any of it, you are just talking about it. When you truly master a difficult topic, you get a buzz. No buzz - no mastery, sorry.
Ahhh so once again all the professionals are wrong, and by all accounts because they dont trade with the "buzz" they have not mastered trading, in fact you alone of all the individuals on earth, perhaps even the galaxy have mastered trading

Make no mistake, this is not an argument, the moment you admitted the "buzz" you gave up any hope of debating your way out of this

The professionals trade without emotion... you trade with emotion.... here endeth the lesson

military tactics.....

"Gentlemen, gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!!" - Dr Strangelove.

That is correct. You must trade free of all emotion.

The buzz is not related to the act of trading itself, at all.

The buzz is derived from having mastered all of the topic, including mastering yourself, and from the intellectual satisfaction that this yields, and from being able to replicate success, on command,
at will, and of being able to choose to participate or abstain.

The buzz is derived from the sure knowledge that you have attained total mastery, a knowledge that is reinforced by results.

All of this takes a long time to perfect.

If you do not go through to experience this you do not understand it., however frequently it is explained to you or demonstrated.

Soc/Fader

Come on guys. I've been on hols for two weeks, I get back, read this thread and within three pages its on the way downhill and I'm bored with it. Have you noticed that no-one else is participating?

Hence, all the recent slanging has been deleted. Nothing personal, but the endless bickering is pointless and tiring.

More dross deleted.

Further posts of this nature and the posters will likely find themselves suspended for a few days.

Thankyou.

rossored said:
More dross deleted.

Further posts of this nature and the posters will likely find themselves suspended for a few days.

Thankyou.
Hmm I wouldn't have to listen to him tell me how wonderful he is.... hey Ross, can you make it a week?

Of course you could have suspended Socrates and saved us all from his boorish bragging rather than just that lucky bugger Fader

rossored said:
Yes, no problem.

Consider it done.
Well one tiny problem Rosco.... I am a genius and can come back in whenever I please undetected.... love Fader