Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

I just want to say that the way he looks at structure is real and I think he knows what he's talking about.

Explaining structure is easy, seeing how it works on past examples can be enlightening. HOWEVER, putting it into practice successfully and over time is very very hard, ie making money and lots of it.

I don't think anyone he is complaining too much about Macdaddy's course work, I'm sure that it's solid. It's the putting it into profitable action that's so hard, ie making it work to create steady and reliable profits.

Trading is a very easy game to teach, many people on this board know what they're talking about, many know all the ins and outs of trading, but again creating a solid set of results overtime is where many struggle because successful trading is very very difficult. And to mess with us all even more, it never looks that hard :cheesy:

Explaining structure is easy, seeing how it works on past examples can be enlightening. HOWEVER, putting it into practice successfully and over time is very very hard, ie making money and lots of it.

I don't think anyone he is complaining too much about Macdaddy's course work, I'm sure that it's solid. It's the putting it into profitable action that's so hard, ie making it work to create steady and reliable profits.

Trading is a very easy game to teach, many people on this board know what they're talking about, many know all the ins and outs of trading, but again creating a solid set of results overtime is where many struggle because successful trading is very very difficult. And to mess with us all even more, it never looks that hard :cheesy:

Agree!
Sure teaching with the benefit of hindsight is easy.
Trading at the hard right edge of the chart is a different story.
That's why I politely contacted Baghdady to get a feel for him.
I thought he could be a guy that I could learn from.

True.
"You are wrong 40-60% of time ,you are right 40-60% of time .
Usually does not matter which side of the trade you take .
What does matter -trade management ."
This sentence is from one of the courses .

Is it true that the Turtles program collapsed because the Cypriots stole 12% of their money? That's the latest I heard. What with them all getting 100k each they'd all be on the hook for the big tax.

Hi all
I am new to this forum and I'd like to tell you a short story.
A couple of days ago I found a trading course from macdady on a filesahring site.
I downloaded it and took a short look at the content. I really liked how he explained structure.
I believe strongly in structure trading too. So I started to research who this Macdady was and where I could take a course with this guy. I stumbled on some Forums over a couple of claims that he was not for real and that he went bankrupt. But I never found this forum talking about him. So I just emailed spyglass saying that I was interested in training and what his rebuttle is regading the Bankruptcy and and several other Claims I found regarding his person.

Uhh... I received a very very unprofessional answer. I would even call it childish!
So I researched further and found this t2w forum thread.
I have not read this whole thread.... just the last couple of pages..
I just want to say that the way he looks at structure is real and I think he knows what he's talking about.

Hi d2w.

The first thing you should do is read as much of this thread as you are able to. Although there is a lot here, there are very many important facts that will reveal the real Mahmoud Baghdady.
What you should also understand is that many people have paid him following his apparently plausible presentations and went on to lose money and discover that what he teaches does not work - in the end.

He claims that it "works in all markets - in all conditions" It does not. His closest trader and trainer stopped using his method. That should tell you all you need to know.
The Turtle scheme failed totally despite daily mentoring from the great man himself. What does that tell you?????

All those who paid to be trained and then rented a desk on his trading floor also packed up and left without exception - what does that tell you???

The evidence is here so invest a little time on this thread and save yourself a lot of pain and money.

Question. Why did you contact Spyglass when Baghdady is contaminating the world through his Training Traders set up???

Last edited:
His closest trader and trainer stopped using his method.

You think Ben Tuckey ?What he is doing now?

I know that Janet &Mike Douglas tried to start their own business based on price behaviour ,but I'm very curious about Ben. Is he trading or mentoring ?

Is it true that the Turtles program collapsed because the Cypriots stole 12% of their money? That's the latest I heard. What with them all getting 100k each they'd all be on the hook for the big tax.

Poor old Mahmoud! The guy just can't get a break. Firstly, his illustrious turtle programme folded because PFG collapsed. Then he thought it was safer to deposit his vast funds in Cyprus and look what's happening there? Poor old Mahmoud. All he is trying to do is teach people how to trade and it seems as though everything is conspiring against him being the most successful trainer on the planet.

You would have thought that by making 900 pips on every trade, he would have insulated himself financially against these charlatans who fool people into parting with their hard-earned cash?

We await the next chapter of 'make believe with Mahmoud' very soon.

Poor old Mahmoud! The guy just can't get a break. Firstly, his illustrious turtle programme folded because PFG collapsed. Then he thought it was safer to deposit his vast funds in Cyprus and look what's happening there? Poor old Mahmoud. All he is trying to do is teach people how to trade and it seems as though everything is conspiring against him being the most successful trainer on the planet.

You would have thought that by making 900 pips on every trade, he would have insulated himself financially against these charlatans who fool people into parting with their hard-earned cash?

We await the next chapter of 'make believe with Mahmoud' very soon.

Here's an idea for the next chapter of 'make believe with Mahmoud', received from Oxford University's Press Office today after an official enquiry regarding claims made in his recent Training Traders newsletter entitled: 'Mike Baghdady Teaches a Trading Seminar at Oxford University' (Sent by TT on 22 February 2013)...

---
Tue 26/03/2013 12:37

"Thanks for your enquiry. I can’t find any evidence that Mr Baghdady taught any sort of undergraduate seminar at Oxford – certainly not of an academic nature, or one of any sort of official university-endorsed nature. If you have any details from him or his organisation about what exactly this ‘seminar to undergraduates’ consisted of I can investigate further, but nothing I can see suggests he has taken part in anything associated with or endorsed by the University – and certainly nothing associated with the undergraduate curriculum." ...

Dr Julia Paolitto
Press Officer
University of Oxford
---

Mike Baghdady has defaulted on a County Court Judgement that was served on him last year, demanding he pay a five figure debt to my company. The judgement simultaneously threw out a completely defamatory counter-claim he made, due to no evidence being provided. Mike Baghdady's appointed liquidators continue to tell his many creditors like ourselves that Training Traders has been shut down and is no longer trading.

Here's an idea for the next chapter of 'make believe with Mahmoud', received from Oxford University's Press Office today after an official enquiry regarding claims made in his recent Training Traders newsletter entitled: 'Mike Baghdady Teaches a Trading Seminar at Oxford University' (Sent by TT on 22 February 2013)...

---
Tue 26/03/2013 12:37

"Thanks for your enquiry. I can’t find any evidence that Mr Baghdady taught any sort of undergraduate seminar at Oxford – certainly not of an academic nature, or one of any sort of official university-endorsed nature. If you have any details from him or his organisation about what exactly this ‘seminar to undergraduates’ consisted of I can investigate further, but nothing I can see suggests he has taken part in anything associated with or endorsed by the University – and certainly nothing associated with the undergraduate curriculum." ...

Dr Julia Paolitto
Press Officer
University of Oxford
---

Mike Baghdady has defaulted on a County Court Judgement that was served on him last year, demanding he pay a five figure debt to my company. The judgement simultaneously threw out a completely defamatory counter-claim he made, due to no evidence being provided. Mike Baghdady's appointed liquidators continue to tell his many creditors like ourselves that Training Traders has been shut down and is no longer trading.

Did you send her a screen shot of his claims? It would be very helpful if they could release a statement to this effect. It may save other people from being ripped off. Surely the university doesn't want it's name associated with this sort of thing.

This one should do, he's clearly claiming its approved by the university.

Mike Baghdady Teaches a Trading Seminar at Oxford University

Thanks pboyles. I actually forwarded the Oxford University Press Office that entire email - and what they sent back was that statement for publication, which I then pasted here. There are a lot of institutional 'clients' he's made reference to over the years who might similarly want to set the record straight about his 'business relationships' with them.

Actually, something interesting about the page your link goes to regarding the picture (a 'screen grab' of a video playing of Baghdady talking) is that while the video is apparently half-way through (check the slider), the time of the video at this half-way point is shown to be '00:00' ... so that's either a doctored picture or a very short video. If it's a real screen grab, he must have been giving an exhaustive account of how he funded the New Turtle Traders.

Thanks pboyles. I actually forwarded the Oxford University Press Office that entire email - and what they sent back was that statement for publication, which I then pasted here. There are a lot of institutional 'clients' he's made reference to over the years who might similarly want to set the record straight about his 'business relationships' with them.

Actually, something interesting about the page your link goes to regarding the picture (a 'screen grab' of a video playing of Baghdady talking) is that while the video is apparently half-way through (check the slider), the time of the video at this half-way point is shown to be '00:00' ... so that's either a doctored picture or a very short video. If it's a real screen grab, he must have been giving an exhaustive account of how he funded the New Turtle Traders.

I'm glad I was sitting down when I found out that Mike Baghdady had told a complete lie. I would have fallen over with shock otherwise! :cheesy:

I thought the screen grab looked dodgy, for a start he normally posts videos so why only a screenshot. This one will run for a while, he does provide us all with some entertainment.

So why don't you all get off your arses and start calling/e mailing all of Mahmoud's client list? He didn't get a penny from me but I've spent countless hours posting proof of his activities. Time you all did a bit of penance for helping him run his scams for so long. Just start in the order they appear on his website.

Baghdady Alert Baghdady Alert

Just been notified by a friend in Dubai of the following.
Baghdady and his Training Traders outfit are at the MENA FOREX SHOW in Dubai - running right now. 25th to 26th April.

See Link.

:: MENA 11th Forex Show ::

The last time he was there he did very little business, ran up big costs and did not pay the Sunday Times for advertising.

Last edited: