Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Apart from Baghdady who else did you deal with at TT? Name names and embarrass everyone involved.

I never actually spoke or met Baghdady.I spoke very briefly with Ben Tuckey who did the evening introduction meeting. I spoke mainly to Matt and paid my money to Tony with Matt there and he gave me a receipt for my payment. Both seemed really nice honest guys and have no grief towards them at all.
When Matt left, i spoke to Janet twice, the 3rd time i spoke to her she informed me she no longer worked there. That's when i started looking for more details about the company and here i am.

otto9586; bear in mind that the TT company that you paid your money to; have been dissolved in early 2012; and a new one is created with a twist in the name. It is renamed from "Training Traders Ltd" to "TT Training Traders Ltd".

To get the exact details and date; either search the company house for "Training Traders" or go back in this thread and you will find few attachments.

am not sure if you will be successful in claiming back your $$ as the company is of limited liability; but you might get lucky. There is a big list of people whom Baghdady owe money to including media companies, hotels, lawyers..etc.

In Australia; consumers call Consumer Affairs; and usually it works out even if the vendor changed the company names. Not sure about UK

Don't wish to be a serial poster, however this Janet (Make-Enough) McAnuff's (did she marry a scotsman?) fibs should be exposed more rigourously (some good work already done here by a longterm poster). Her website carries grammatical errors that emphasise her potential ignorance and smacks of continued exploitation of the unaware. I encountered her at the TT stand at the World Money Show London in Nov-11. She was tasked with showing me TT's trading system to entice me to sign up. She was disinterested in explaining anything and seemed to have an air of superiority about herself as if I were wasting her time. My impression was then and is now that I would not recommend her as an educator as a result of my encounter with her surly attitude. I wonder who else might be behind this JPS Capital Trading (name could mislead as association to 'legit' companies) with a new 'unblemished' face fronting the company...unfounded conjecture of course.

Don't wish to be a serial poster, however this Janet (Make-Enough) McAnuff's (did she marry a scotsman?) fibs should be exposed more rigourously (some good work already done here by a longterm poster). Her website carries grammatical errors that emphasise her potential ignorance and smacks of continued exploitation of the unaware. I encountered her at the TT stand at the World Money Show London in Nov-11. She was tasked with showing me TT's trading system to entice me to sign up. She was disinterested in explaining anything and seemed to have an air of superiority about herself as if I were wasting her time. My impression was then and is now that I would not recommend her as an educator as a result of my encounter with her surly attitude. I wonder who else might be behind this JPS Capital Trading (name could mislead as association to 'legit' companies) with a new 'unblemished' face fronting the company...unfounded conjecture of course.

Lapa, Is Janet English and what is her background?

He totally stitched you up, these type of companies do this all the time because it means distance selling rules don't apply and you have no support from a credit card company. The better news is that they are still trading so in theory you could take them to a small claims court. However if you believe everything written here there are plenty of others chasing them for money.

OK I will get flammed for this but as I said before I try to be fair. I certainly do not want to take sides and defintly not backing/supporting Baghdady.
But in the interest of fairness people on this thread are on a misson to take down Baghdady, the sales team left and company killed. I think its a bit harsh to say Baghdady stitched up this guy. Lets face it you could say Trade2Win are to blame for him loosing his money (making a point and not blaming Trade2Win).

Before all of this there were no clients left high and dry. Lets face it even pipsplease was dealt with fairly and can not complain (despite the many oppertunities I have given him).

I think its fairer to say victim of circumstance and not stitch up by Baghdady (unless Baghdady is pipsplease, Digbyarbuthnot or Leopard).

OK I will get flammed for this but as I said before I try to be fair. I certainly do not want to take sides and defintly not backing/supporting Baghdady.
But in the interest of fairness people on this thread are on a misson to take down Baghdady, the sales team left and company killed. I think its a bit harsh to say Baghdady stitched up this guy. Lets face it you could say Trade2Win are to blame for him loosing his money (making a point and not blaming Trade2Win).

Before all of this there were no clients left high and dry. Lets face it even pipsplease was dealt with fairly and can not complain (despite the many oppertunities I have given him).

I think its fairer to say victim of circumstance and not stitch up by Baghdady (unless Baghdady is pipsplease, Digbyarbuthnot or Leopard).

If Baghdady hasn't stiched me up, where is he now for me to get my money back?
Where/why is he hiding?

If Baghdady hasn't stiched me up, where is he now for me to get my money back?
Where/why is he hiding?

To illustrate my point. If I offer to give you a lift somewhere, then someone steals my care, have I stitched you up?

Have you tried that email (I assume you can not get an answer on the phone) ?

To illustrate my point. If I offer to give you a lift somewhere, then someone steals my care, have I stitched you up?

What on earth are you talking about? How is this analogy in any way apposite?

And how could one possibly contend that T2W has anything to do with this?

Have you tried that email (I assume you can not get an answer on the phone) ?

Whichwaynow,

Can you tell us what effect this thread had on recruiting new trainees for the paid program? You are aware that there was no mention of Baghdady allowed here for many months. Surely you're not going to blame what was written here for the downfall of TT?

In fact one of the Turtles (I believe a paying one) acknowledged that he had seen the bankruptcy documents and other evidence and still went ahead with it.

This whole thread is getting no where as is a bit ridiculous.

My view is that this thread is very bad and the motives behind many of the postings are wrong. It is not about highlighting mistakes and wrong doing, it is a hate campaign against one person with the aim of brining down a company.

As I have pointed out a new rival company has suddenly sprung up after the bringing down of Baghdady. That to me smells of conspiracy.

I do believe there are valid points raised in rare places (as I said I do not follow pboyles belief that all training is bad etc but his points more than others were valid).

Baghdady obviously did file Chapter 11 (verifiable evidence) this was not in regard to his company but some decided to tar with the same brush.

The company did do wrong by using “World Trade Champion”. This is a case of false advertising.
This point however has been blown out of proportion somewhat, I searched ASA adjudications, there are hundreds for well known companies just in the search for “Training Traders”. Just to be clear they are not relating to Training Traders.

I am sure people are going to come back and say there are lots more things, but the point is mistakes were made and wrong things were done by the company.

HOWEVER – there are a whole shed full of unsubstantiated claims made by a handful of people and not to mention direct personal attacks.

Claims of Baghdady being a con artist and the company being a scam. This was in no way backed up. In fact pipsplease is in the ideal position to do so as he claims to have given the company money. But he refuses to answer my question regarding, perhaps because it will contradict the scam and con artist claims.

Unpaid Novatel bills. I phone yesterday and the bills had been paid. But what about that email being used as evidence. The fact that the offices are shut and no one is there, especially the so called inside sources, how did this email come out. Perhaps these guys also know the News of The World hackers :). There is no way they could have got hold of Baghdadys or the company email.

The biggest thing for me which shows the true nature of this whole thread is how, when asked for evidence certain people get very aggressive and launch personal attacks and the small group all join in to try and give a good kicking. Sorry guys I never backed off from a bully at school and I am not likely to here either.

There were points raised about Baghdady sacking people all the time and indeed at least one taking him to court for wrongful dismissal. Why were people being fired I would have expected that they would leave if wrong doing was taken place. Very Strange. What is worse is that people with a grudge are being used as believable sources without any evidence.

As well as dong my research and finding out who pbolyes is (many posts ago) I also found out who some of the other players are.
Les Johnston (Retailer gives consent to Baugur's £351m proposal - Telegraph) the guy that was responsible for the crash of a retail company and got fired from them (was then employed by Baghdady).

Howard Abernety (Howard Entertainment) the mdeia person (hmm sounds like Digbyarbuthnot) whos own company is so successful it has made no money in the past 8 years (taken on and sacked by Baghdady).

Tony Michaels (Twitter) Worked for a successful OTA franchise, put in charge of New York office and that franchise went bankrupt in 18 months (franchise sold and Tony kicked out). Started a joint venture, it failed and other party far from happy. Started Online University of Trading, providing lifetime training and support, it failed within 5 months. Guess what, employed by Badhdady and sacked.

The above information is based on public information and postings by other people which have not been challenged. I have received other information but I don't think it right to post.

So in summary, we have some facts backed by verifiable evidence, but a lot of unbacked accusations, a lot of personal and vicious attacks, disgruntled employees and a range of ulterior motives

I have a feeling that a load of personal attacks an insults as well as nonsense responses to bury this post will follow as certain people have no grounding to their argument. Its a shame they have to resort to such measures.

BTW the reason for the big post, I have other things in life and wont be on here much at all from now (open invitation to attack as I wont be here to defend :) ).

This thread seems to be an obsession for some, by all means post, but there are more important things in life.

Whichwaynow,

Can you tell us what effect this thread had on recruiting new trainees for the paid program? You are aware that there was no mention of Baghdady allowed here for many months. Surely you're not going to blame what was written here for the downfall of TT?

In fact one of the Turtles (I believe a paying one) acknowledged that he had seen the bankruptcy documents and other evidence and still went ahead with it.

I have no idea about the effect on recruiting. I based my comment on Company there, forum attacks involving insiders, company gone.

I think there were many factors for the fall of TT company errors and wrong doing and a motivated attack with ulterior motive (revenge or rival).
Without the postings on here and the other campaigns by people on here do you think TT would still be around? If not why bother posting ?

Your postings were when backed with evidence were fair and right, many posts by others in my view were wrong at the very least.

This whole thread is getting no where as is a bit ridiculous.

My view is that this thread is very bad and the motives behind many of the postings are wrong. It is not about highlighting mistakes and wrong doing, it is a hate campaign against one person with the aim of brining down a company.

As I have pointed out a new rival company has suddenly sprung up after the bringing down of Baghdady. That to me smells of conspiracy.

I do believe there are valid points raised in rare places (as I said I do not follow pboyles belief that all training is bad etc but his points more than others were valid).

Baghdady obviously did file Chapter 11 (verifiable evidence) this was not in regard to his company but some decided to tar with the same brush.

The company did do wrong by using “World Trade Champion”. This is a case of false advertising.
This point however has been blown out of proportion somewhat, I searched ASA adjudications, there are hundreds for well known companies just in the search for “Training Traders”. Just to be clear they are not relating to Training Traders.

I am sure people are going to come back and say there are lots more things, but the point is mistakes were made and wrong things were done by the company.

HOWEVER – there are a whole shed full of unsubstantiated claims made by a handful of people and not to mention direct personal attacks.

Claims of Baghdady being a con artist and the company being a scam. This was in no way backed up. In fact pipsplease is in the ideal position to do so as he claims to have given the company money. But he refuses to answer my question regarding, perhaps because it will contradict the scam and con artist claims.

Unpaid Novatel bills. I phone yesterday and the bills had been paid. But what about that email being used as evidence. The fact that the offices are shut and no one is there, especially the so called inside sources, how did this email come out. Perhaps these guys also know the News of The World hackers :). There is no way they could have got hold of Baghdadys or the company email.

The biggest thing for me which shows the true nature of this whole thread is how, when asked for evidence certain people get very aggressive and launch personal attacks and the small group all join in to try and give a good kicking. Sorry guys I never backed off from a bully at school and I am not likely to here either.

There were points raised about Baghdady sacking people all the time and indeed at least one taking him to court for wrongful dismissal. Why were people being fired I would have expected that they would leave if wrong doing was taken place. Very Strange. What is worse is that people with a grudge are being used as believable sources without any evidence.

As well as dong my research and finding out who pbolyes is (many posts ago) I also found out who some of the other players are.
Les Johnston (Retailer gives consent to Baugur's £351m proposal - Telegraph) the guy that was responsible for the crash of a retail company and got fired from them (was then employed by Baghdady).

Howard Abernety (Howard Entertainment) the mdeia person (hmm sounds like Digbyarbuthnot) whos own company is so successful it has made no money in the past 8 years (taken on and sacked by Baghdady).

Tony Michaels (Twitter) Worked for a successful OTA franchise, put in charge of New York office and that franchise went bankrupt in 18 months (franchise sold and Tony kicked out). Started a joint venture, it failed and other party far from happy. Started Online University of Trading, providing lifetime training and support, it failed within 5 months. Guess what, employed by Badhdady and sacked.

The above information is based on public information and postings by other people which have not been challenged. I have received other information but I don't think it right to post.

So in summary, we have some facts backed by verifiable evidence, but a lot of unbacked accusations, a lot of personal and vicious attacks, disgruntled employees and a range of ulterior motives

I have a feeling that a load of personal attacks an insults as well as nonsense responses to bury this post will follow as certain people have no grounding to their argument. Its a shame they have to resort to such measures.

BTW the reason for the big post, I have other things in life and wont be on here much at all from now (open invitation to attack as I wont be here to defend :) ).

This thread seems to be an obsession for some, by all means post, but there are more important things in life.

I'm sure Baghdady was ably assisted by at least some of the people you mention. In fact you'll see Les Johnston was one of the people supporting him on this and other forums when the heat was first felt. To say it was all down to one person is probably wrong but who decided on the fake Bloomberg ad, who decided on the fake world champion claim? Maybe Baghdady made the decisions but others implemented them and I'm sure the sales team were more than happy to repeat it all to the public. That is why none of them will have any credibility if they start a trader training business.

Just look at Janet Mcanuff, the first thing she does is put a fake testimonial on her new website, was nothing learnt from the collapse of TT, does everyone who worked at TT still take us all for fools?

Claims of Baghdady being a con artist and the company being a scam. This was in no way backed up.

Documentation at UK companies house shows a succession of failed prior companies leaving a wake of creditors, unsupported customers, and alledgedly prospective customer who paid for training which has not been delivered. I'll give MB the benefit of the doubt, and assume he's simply incompetant.

However, the court documentation from a United States District Court that was posted yesterday proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Baghdady was found guilty of common law fraud in the United States. That puts a slightly different perspective on things.

Lets not forget MB's post at babypips where he claims he did not file for bankrupcy. The document posted yesterday quite clearly shows that MB had a previous bankrupcy prior to the latest chapter 11 filing.

Worse still, that bankrupcy was due to 5.5 million in "trade losses".

I would suggest that someone with a history of bankrupy filings resulting from trade losses is not a suitable candidate to teach others.

Who knows how many other brokers where owed historically, as we know, MB lied when opening an account with Robbin's Futures, and if he was prepared to lie in that instance, who knows how many other people where lied to.