Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

I see Mike has not received his registration from the NFA even though he applied back in mid 2011. In fact his fx membership application has been withdrawn. Before one of the three wise monkeys points it out 'principle approved' is not a registration status (see below). Why on earth would the NFA be dragging its heels on this matter?

BASIC Details

Principal

Last edited:
I see Mike has not received his registration from the NFA even though he applied back in mid 2011. In fact his fx membership application has been withdrawn. Before one of the three wise monkeys points it out 'principle approved' is not a registration status (see below). Why on earth would the NFA be dragging its heels on this matter?

BASIC Details

Principal

Now now pboyles, do not rush to judgement. There could be lots of good reasons.

Perhaps they are simply starstruck - it can't be every day they receive an application from a World Champion and Foremost Expert.

You are so cynical!*

*Note to Moonrocket: I am not really saying pboyles is cynical. This is what they call "tongue in cheek". **

** Note to Moonrocket: I am not really suggesting you wouldn't have realised that and needed it pointing out to you. This is what they call "tongue in cheek". :)

Ahh, a man of many tongues.

Peter

So strange! That's exactly what your wife says about me!

(Not an insult, just banter. No offence intended, if offence inadvertently caused please PM me for an apology, removal, and a referral to a counselling service.)

(Not an insult, just banter. No offence intended, if offence inadvertently caused please PM me for an apology, removal, and a referral to a counselling service.)

:eek:

Leopard you are indeed in favour. If that was me I would have been banned. Now in the same vein ,your sister? :LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• Fun police.jpg
    Fun police.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 630
We have a handful of people on here trying to close a business for some dodgy PR (no worse than OTA posting its own reviews)..

Funny you should say that, do you know where Baghdady worked previously? Online Trading Academy. Note that in February 2008 he had 25 years experience in the markets, in May 2011 he had 33 years experience (see second link). That's 8 years experience gained in 3 years. Was he working double shifts?

Online Trading Academy in the News - 02/04/2008: THREE ONLINE TRADING ACADEMY EXPERTS TO DELIVER ANSWERS AT FEBRUARY TRADER

Cabbies and housewives to become city traders in three-year experiment | Metro.co.uk

Funny you should say that, do you know where Baghdady worked previously? Online Trading Academy. Note that in February 2008 he had 25 years experience in the markets, in May 2011 he had 33 years experience (see second link). That's 8 years experience gained in 3 years. Was he working double shifts?

What about OTA?

Should I take a course or not?

Last edited:
No you shouldn't take a course with any training provider, they are extremely unlikely to make you successful.

I see - thanks Pboyles.

It's only that I've seen a presentation by one of the tutors - he talked a lot about supply and demand. I was thinking that he can somehow pass his skills to the uninitiated and make them understand the markets?

After reading some of this thread, following an unfortunate re-direct, I''m impressed by how knowledgeable many posters here are. At the same time I'm also struck by how exceedingly unfair much of their commentary has been.

I confess I don't know anything about Mr Baghdady but even this nought knowledge appears equal to if not rather more than that of many of the posters who act as if they've known the man all his life!

I mean look at the ridiculous claims stated or implied here ;
1. Mr Baghdady cannot be a trader let alone 'champion' trader because there is simply no evidence of it! Come again? How about the live demo with a 300% slum dunk right in front of your very eyes?

2. Mr Baghdady made a Chapter 11 declaration(sic) therefore... Come again? Hypothetically, if you were being pursued by a rat ..erm a broker(and who knows, perhaps unjustly), wouldn't your first course of action be to put as much distance between the scum (erm.. never mind) and your assets? And don't you think that a rather easy and smart way to stop them dead in their tracks would be to threaten hara-kiri?

3. Mr Baghdady declared a tiny income, relative to his stature, in the filing above. Come again? I suspect there was little way of hiding that training income stream. Of course, I'm not suggesting that he would hide income but ask yourself, 'would he, if he could?'. Note to aspiring trainers: Don't file for bankruptcy protection! it's very hard to hide that sh!t.

4. Mr Baghdady only declared 1 million dollars in assets (and in Egypt). Come again? How in the world would you hide land? Of course he had to declare some asset. His broker knew his true income stream and unless he could convince them he'd blown it at the crap tables or on some high priced hookers, he would have to declare at least one asset. As long as it was conveniently out of reach. Of course I'm not suggesting he did just that.

I could go on... but why bother? It obviously is't in the spirit of postings here.

After reading some of this thread, following an unfortunate re-direct, I''m impressed by how knowledgeable many posters here are. At the same time I'm also struck by how exceedingly unfair much of their commentary has been.

I confess I don't know anything about Mr Baghdady but even this nought knowledge appears equal to if not rather more than that of many of the posters who act as if they've known the man all his life!

I mean look at the ridiculous claims stated or implied here ;
1. Mr Baghdady cannot be a trader let alone 'champion' trader because there is simply no evidence of it! Come again? How about the live demo with a 300% slum dunk right in front of your very eyes?

2. Mr Baghdady made a Chapter 11 declaration(sic) therefore... Come again? Hypothetically, if you were being pursued by a rat ..erm a broker(and who knows, perhaps unjustly), wouldn't your first course of action be to put as much distance between the scum (erm.. never mind) and your assets? And don't you think that a rather easy and smart way to stop them dead in their tracks would be to threaten hara-kiri?

3. Mr Baghdady declared a tiny income, relative to his stature, in the filing above. Come again? I suspect there was little way of hiding that training income stream. Of course, I'm not suggesting that he would hide income but ask yourself, 'would he, if he could?'. Note to aspiring trainers: Don't file for bankruptcy protection! it's very hard to hide that sh!t.

4. Mr Baghdady only declared 1 million dollars in assets (and in Egypt). Come again? How in the world would you hide land? Of course he had to declare some asset. His broker knew his true income stream and unless he could convince them he'd blown it at the crap tables or on some high priced hookers, he would have to declare at least one asset. As long as it was conveniently out of reach. Of course I'm not suggesting he did just that.

I could go on... but why bother? It obviously is't in the spirit of postings here.
The fun police on here are also the anti Baghdady terror squad. We have personally offered our own person as a human shield when the murderers choose to strike. The Baghdady Satanic Verses have ensured that he will be tortured to death when he returns to Egypt however as he chooses his asylum position in this the country of the great and good at least we can let him trade the markets once in a while.

Attachments

• Fun police.jpg
    Fun police.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 653
  • pittraderknockheadoff.jpg
    pittraderknockheadoff.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 149
1. So you'd take my word for it if I said I was world forex champion? There's no proof but you can just take my word for it. Where's the video where he makes 300% and why is it on a demo account and not real money? Does he have too much money already?

2. I'm sure some people do use such tactics to avoid paying court fines.

3. You intimate that he lied under oath to a court. I'd like to hear him use that as an excuse.

4. He lost 90k trading with the broker so indeed they would have an idea of his trading ability.

Pboyles is an unmentionable term. Fun police will not allow the truth. Poor Mike faces death by slow torture when he returns to egypt so any criminal acts he conducts whilst he is in this great and good country is a bonus.