Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Seek comfort in the thoughts of Saint Augustine, and know that "Patience is the companion of wisdom."

That said, other participants might reflect on the words of the great English writer Thomas Fuller, who reminds us that "Abused patience turns to fury."

Sounds like a Boris Johnston article in The Telegraph.

I would like to thank Mr Baghdady's dedicated (if somewhat impatient) supporter Wackypete 2 for his expressions of goodwill. Fear not, I am sure the vindication will arrive soon in the form of a complete rebuttal accompanied by the requisite proofs which in many cases must be readily to hand.

Whilst you wait, why not occupy yourself by watching some of Mr Baghdady's excellent media appearances?

Press Articles at Training Traders

I understand that you are anxious, and that Mr Baghdady is a hero to you as he doubtless is to the many he has trained. But you must wait, my friend, you must wait.

I'm sure this will raise a question or two for The Leopard.

Interview with Mike Baghdady (Transcript)

"Mike Baghdady: Primarily a trader, I started as a physical grain grader back in 1975 and I moved on from physical trading at one of the largest middle east companies to become a technical trader and trading at several proprietary trading desks in one of the largest companies in the United States. And at the peak of my career I was the head technical trader and trainer at the Board of Trade in New York"

BASIC Details

He was NFA registered for 3 years, 1994 to 1997. He has another application currently pending since May 2011. You'll note that the process seems to normally take a month.

It has occurred to me that the questions asked are spread over several pages, and it would be useful to have a summary of them in one post.

Accordingly, links to each one are provided (in order) below. This is intended to be a concise list of the matters raised and accordingly does not include the declaration that each matter relates to allegations that have been made but not proven. This declaration should of course be taken to apply to each matter.

1. The absence of trading income matter.
2. The repeated visits of bailiffs.
3. The "World Live Trading Champion" matter.
4. The Ben Tuckey / Alpine Capital Hedge fund matter.
5. The media blacklist.
6. The status of Joe matter - institutional trader or employee and relative?
7. The capital given to the "turtles" (these ones, not the real ones, the Richard Dennis ones), and the possibility that they are demo trading.
8. The various matters raised by Malcolm Steel's excellent but rambling and confusing post.
9. The "recent volatility".
10. The client list and the nature of services provided.
11. The "world's foremost expert" claim.

Goodness, it begins to look like quite a list does it not? No wonder Wackypete is anxious! Fear not friend Wack, I'm sure that there will be good news for you soon.

1. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-25.html#post1795520

2. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-25.html#post1795524

3. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-26.html#post1795530

4. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-26.html#post1795540

5. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-26.html#post1795544

6. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-26.html#post1795546

7. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-27.html#post1795642

8. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-27.html#post1795670

9. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-28.html#post1795686

10. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-29.html#post1795766

11. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-31.html#post1796584

You are very generous Pboyles, and Mr Baghdady will doubtless be most grateful to you for raising another matter which he will easily be able to put to rest. I will frame the question later when I have more time.

Perhaps you could assist me with one small point. The NFA website states that "Membership in NFA is mandatory, assuring that everyone conducting business with the public on the U.S. futures exchanges-more than 4,200 firms and 55,000 associates-must adhere to the same high standards of professional conduct."

Does this mean that one could not be "Head Trader at the New York Board of Trade...calling out the trades to his team" unless one were NFA-registered?

I'm sure this will raise a question or two for The Leopard.

Interview with Mike Baghdady (Transcript)

"Mike Baghdady: Primarily a trader, I started as a physical grain grader back in 1975 and I moved on from physical trading at one of the largest middle east companies to become a technical trader and trading at several proprietary trading desks in one of the largest companies in the United States. And at the peak of my career I was the head technical trader and trainer at the Board of Trade in New York"

BASIC Details

He was NFA registered for 3 years, 1994 to 1997. He has another application currently pending since May 2011. You'll note that the process seems to normally take a month.

Last edited:
I would like to thank Mr Baghdady's dedicated (if somewhat impatient) supporter Wackypete 2 for his expressions of goodwill. Fear not, I am sure the vindication will arrive soon in the form of a complete rebuttal accompanied by the requisite proofs which in many cases must be readily to hand.

Whilst you wait, why not occupy yourself by watching some of Mr Baghdady's excellent media appearances?

Press Articles at Training Traders

I understand that you are anxious, and that Mr Baghdady is a hero to you as he doubtless is to the many he has trained. But you must wait, my friend, you must wait.

Yes, yes, my hero. Nobody does bankruptcy like Mr. Baghdady :love:

Peter

Attachments

• mike-baghdady.jpg
    mike-baghdady.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 173
The NFA website states that "Membership in NFA is mandatory, assuring that everyone conducting business with the public on the U.S. futures exchanges-more than 4,200 firms and 55,000 associates-must adhere to the same high standards of professional conduct."

Does this mean that one could not be "Head Trader at the New York Board of Trade...calling out the trades to his team" unless one were NFA-registered?

I assume that is the case. He was NFA registered for about 3 years in the mid 90s. I don't know about the other 30 years he's claiming.

mike_baghdady.jpg

To all of your who have questions for Mike Baghdady, why don't you just attend his next free seminar???????

There is one next week Tuesday, 28th February 2012.

Training Traders, Free Workshops, Learn Price Behaviour, Conditions

You can go down there and meet with the man, ask him as many questions as you like. I am sure that he can help you

Great idea, lets all go and ask him the questions that he's forgotten to answer here. I suggest The Leopard should coordinate who asks which questions.

Great idea, lets all go and ask him the questions that he's forgotten to answer here. I suggest The Leopard should coordinate who asks which questions.

I am serious, if you want your questions answered, go to his office and ask him!

We can all go down there and pull out the exhaustive question list and say, "Excuse me, Mr Baghdady, do you care to answer some questions..."

We can do it infront of his live free workshop.

Or we can hide behind our computer screens, and wait not to be answered any questions.

I am serious, if you want your questions answered, go to his office and ask him!

We can all go down there and pull out the exhaustive question list and say, "Excuse me, Mr Baghdady, do you care to answer some questions..."

Or we can hide behind our computer screens, and wait not to be answered any questions.

I did that once with another dodgy vendor, of course I registered under a different name so they wouldnt know it was me. Oh you should have seen their faces when I asked them about various discrepancies.

I go up to town as infrequently as possible, and on the rare occasions I do go I never set foot east of the Strand. That way lies the City, for example, which is full of disreputable characters. There is no need for persons of refined sensibilities to take themselves into low quarters of "that great cesspool" in search of answers.

The list might or might not be exhaustive - who can say? It contains the questions posed thus far, of more than that we cannot be certain.

I have read many of your posts Mr Reed and found them instructive and entertaining. Of course, not everyone feels the same.

To those people I say this:

You can read EricReed's posts and dismiss them as rubbish if you wish.

Or you can dismiss them as rubbish without reading them, to save time. The choice is yours.

they've gone very quiet all of a sudden, not much debate without them. where they all go? :confused:

It is very strange. Mr Baghdady's very numerous supporters (not to mention his official spokesman) do indeed seem to have lost interest. This would not perhaps be odd were it not for their earlier activity.

Doubtless there is a good reason. The fact that it does not reveal itself readily to dull-witted and simple men such as us C_V is no cause to suppose it does not exist.

they've gone very quiet all of a sudden, not much debate without them. where they all go? :confused:

I confess I am greatly concerned C_V, as doubtless you are also. I can tell how keenly you admire Mr Baghdady, and I imagine the silence from his supporters is distressing for you.

The situation is this. Allegations have been made. I have always maintained (and many other members of this site, some apparently so environmentally-conscious that they share a computer, have also maintained) that these allegations are false. Nontheless, made they have been, and in some cases those that have made them have claimed to have in their possession proofs.

Do the allegations amount to an allegation of fraud? Is it fraud to make false claims about one's past, achievements and accomplishments in order to persuade members of the public to purchase one's services? I confess I do not know.

But it is well to remember that the world is full of excitable types - one sees them nightly on the television news programmes - who may mistake the silence of Mr Baghdady as a tacit admission of guilt. Who knows then what actions they might take to procure the answers they desire?

Far better that Mr Baghdady (possibly via his official spokesman) issue what is sure to be his denial of all accusations. His accusers can then produce such proofs as they have, and the matter can swiftly be resolved.

It really would be best if Mr Baghdady's camp could return at least temporarily to the lofty heights of loquacity they have recently vacated. Although this time eschewing the general and favouring the specific is likely to necessary if the desired and expected vindication is to take place.

I did that once with another dodgy vendor, of course I registered under a different name so they wouldnt know it was me. Oh you should have seen their faces when I asked them about various discrepancies.

:LOL: what questions did you ask them? was it a popular vendor? K2A?

There is no need for persons of refined sensibilities to take themselves into low quarters of "that great cesspool" in search of answers.

You clearly want answer to your questions, why not go to a seminar and ask them direct?

You can get it straight from the horses mouth.

But know, you would prefer to post your comments on a forum and not get a response.

If you care, if you are as passionate as you say you are, then why not put you boots on and go down to the 'free' seminar and ask the questions.

PBoyles went to a vendor and asked questions? Is he not of refined sensibilities?