Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

most of the facebook "likes" will be shills imo. though a covert messaging of followers should work a lot better than a frontal assault of posting comments, as is well known that it'll all be deleted. even though they are being saved from themselves the acolytes won't have any of it, will it be worth the effort?

Well they are supposed to be intelligent, not the babypips idiots. However it would need to be PMs as posts will disappear quickly.

Why don't some of you do something useful. Get onto Facebook and PM everybody who 'likes' that nonsense. Send them the link to this thread, the page where the bankruptcy is mentioned and the page where JM Power mentions the turtles program has collapsed.

If you can't be arsed to do that then give up moaning about him.

I went one better. I went to the police, the FSA & the Serious Fraud Office.

All of them have an open file on Baghdady.

One of the many reasons why his business is based in Cyprus.....

Look out for these posters. They were seen outside the old Training Traders offices just before Mike Baghdady ran away from his creditors and fled the country

Attachments

• BAGGERS COLOUR WANTED2.jpg
    BAGGERS COLOUR WANTED2.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 302
This post made it onto the Training Traders Facebook page for about 50 minutes until it was pulled. Looks like they've disabled the ability for people to post on the page..

Attachments

• TTFB2.JPG
    TTFB2.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 173
Yet LaserTrader, for all his/her wisdom, still thinks that PipsPlease & myself should take the blame for bringing down Baghdady's House of Cards? Well slap my wrist for being such a naughty boy in the face of the Mike Baghdady's open & honest nature.... ;)

I think that LaserTrader is being Baghdadyish (a new adjective to add to the lexicon) with the truth by claiming that no-one complained about what they were taught by Baghdady. There were a large number of people who rented desks to trade from the great smeg-hole of the Training Traders office. Very few of them hung around very long because they kept losing money, their software was frequently broken and they decided to give up because it was obvious that Baghdady's methods did not work. ...

Les Johnston (Pipsplease) and Howard Abernethy (Digbyarbuthnot) have been exposed as a couple of ex-employees who have used this forum to launch a vicious deliberate attack with the aim of destroying a business in a vengeful manor.

I have previously pointed out that I do not see a problem with people listing previous court cases even if they were not linked directly to a company and I do not see a problem with people identifying inaccuracies in advertising (again words chosen carefully).

It is wrong that two ex-employees Les Johnston (Pipsplease) and Howard Abernethy (Digbyarbuthnot) launched this thread with a deliberate and malicious motive. I also think it is wrong to repost and quote the same information close to 50 times and try to link unfounded and defamatory claims with other facts in order to justify them. As for the name calling etc, well some of us need to grow up :).

As pointed out previously that there were no posts from actual customers which does pull away the ground from under many of the claims of scam etc. Indeed any one seen to support Baghdady or his company in any way has been viciously attacked and accused of being Baghdady.

However, this thread has gone further. People involved in the attack have been involved in illegal, criminal activities (sticking posters on buildings, mis-using company confidential material, breach or privacy contacting staff, customers and suppliers) so I am very surprised that this site has been complicit in such action by allowing the thread to remain. Further to that as well as being complicit it would seem that this site has also been happy to facilitate the organisation of denial of service type actions (posters planning to attack webinars).

I know one thing, next time I feel like changing jobs, I am going to bide my time, get some useful info I can use against a company to get a good payoff otherwise I will post on forums (I’m not serious but I think you can see my point).

By now all the claims, proven, or unfounded have been stated many times, so there is no need to use this post as a reason to repost the same thing over and over. Unless there is a malicious motive.

Last edited:
Posting reasonable questions on a public webinar is hardly a denial of service attack, get a grip.

People involved in the attack have been involved in illegal, criminal activities (sticking posters on buildings, mis-using company confidential material, breach or privacy contacting staff, customers and suppliers) so I am very surprised that this site has been complicit in such action by allowing the thread to remain.

Further to that as well as being complicit it would seem that this site has also been happy to facilitate the organisation of denial of service type actions (posters planning to attack webinars)..

To add some balance, t2w where at one time very protective of MB's interests, and many a perfectly truthful post was deleted very quickly (including IIRC links to the New York court services website)

One can only assume what might have changed to bring about a polorisation in their moderation of posts regarding MB, unless an MB insider divulges this info it will probably remain a point of conjecture.

I think its a little unfair to accuse t2w of being complicit in denial of service attacks. As PBoyles points out, a few awkward questions hardly constitutes a denial of service. Be fair, its not as if t2w where registering usernames and dishing out passwords. Other than providing a platform for discussion they facilitated very little

Posting reasonable questions on a public webinar is hardly a denial of service attack, get a grip.

I was in the webinar and I would not class the postings made by people from this thread as reasonable questions. Even the more sensible posts (not those simply name calling etc) were off topic and simple made to disrupt the webinar.

When someone provides a service (webinar) and a number of people conspire to disrupt that service by sending off topic questions and nonsense messages (name calling etc) then I would class that as a denial of service attack and cyber bullying. Let’s face it the aim was to hound and annoy the presenter to put him off so he could not continue.

This thread comes up in any background check relating to Baghdady, so why the need to post off topic and abusive posts in a webinar other than a malicious attack. This was shown by the response of legitimate people in the webinar saying shut up and let the speaker continue.

Lets not forget:
Les Johnston (Pipsplease) and Howard Abernethy (Digbyarbuthnot) have been exposed as a couple of ex-employees who have used this forum to launch a vicious deliberate attack with the aim of destroying a business in a vengeful manor.

Last edited:
To add some balance, t2w where at one time very protective of MB's interests, and many a perfectly truthful post was deleted very quickly (including IIRC links to the New York court services website)

One can only assume what might have changed to bring about a polorisation in their moderation of posts regarding MB, unless an MB insider divulges this info it will probably remain a point of conjecture.

I think its a little unfair to accuse t2w of being complicit in denial of service attacks. As PBoyles points out, a few awkward questions hardly constitutes a denial of service. Be fair, its not as if t2w where registering usernames and dishing out passwords. Other than providing a platform for discussion they facilitated very little

See my response to P Boyles above.

Interesting choice of words Hare “polarisation in their moderation”. So you are saying that instead of defending they have changed to attacking (or more accurately allowing attack i.e. being complicit). :)

See my response to P Boyles above.

Interesting choice of words Hare “polarisation in their moderation”. So you are saying that instead of defending they have changed to attacking (or more accurately allowing attack i.e. being complicit). :)

This is only my personal opinion, and it will be strongly disputed by t2w, but in my opinion they where certainly defending MB.

There where many attempts to warn their membership about MB, and these attempts where on occasion backed up with definitive proof, but that proof was removed.

It's quite clear that practically anything goes these days. It's been a while since I've seen anything removed

To be brutally honest MB does himself so favors. Time and time again he and his staff have made statements on this thread that where clearly untrue. For example, he repeatedly claims he was never bankrupt. Documents where then provided to indicate he's been bankrupted at least twice, and from trading losses

He claims he wasn't found guilty of common law fraud, and yet the evidence proves that he was

It goes on and on, claims regarding the turtle funding, claims regarding turtle resignations, lies regarding the role of PFG best in the turtles failure etc.

He knows that the evidence is out there, and he knows anyone with a modicum of common sense will avoid his services like the plague, but that's not the market he's aiming at.

I think morally and ethically t2w are taking the right line. Personally I'd go one step further and delete some of the posts made by various shills. It's a fine line, allowing their lies to remain, and seeing their arguments destroyed is providing a service to members. Out and and out promotion or support, I'd delete without question.

I was in the webinar and I would not class the postings made by people from this thread as reasonable questions. Even the more sensible posts (not those simply name calling etc) were off topic and simple made to disrupt the webinar.

When someone provides a service (webinar) and a number of people conspire to disrupt that service by sending off topic questions and nonsense messages (name calling etc) then I would class that as a denial of service attack and cyber bullying. Let’s face it the aim was to hound and annoy the presenter to put him off so he could not continue.

This thread comes up in any background check relating to Baghdady, so why the need to post off topic and abusive posts in a webinar other than a malicious attack. This was shown by the response of legitimate people in the webinar saying shut up and let the speaker continue.

Lets not forget:

If I recall correctly the two people you mention who are 'out to destroy' Baghdady didnt bother their arses to turn up for the webinar, it was left to the members to join the webinar to help prevent other people from falling victim to him.

In any case I imagine not paying the bills and staff will probably destroy a business much sooner than a few guys on the internet saying that it's a scam.

Lets not forget:

Actually Les Johnston is an ex director, not an ex employee.

Matthew Leslie Johnston - free company director check. Director id 915490030 - Companies House Information