MetaStock

Hi, everyone my call sign is Drax, I use metastock 7.2 end of day program, which I purchased from the Martin Pring website in the States for my technical analysis. I have not had the program that long but in the short period of time that I have used it I have to say I have found it excellent, yes I agree that it can take some getting used to, it can be quite mind blowing at times.

Before Metastock I was using Synergy Day Trader, It was good having the real-time prices on the screen but the program would keep freezing up when I was charting.

I am based in Northumberland I have been trading for just over a year, I have had some good trades, but also some bad trading expenses! But I am still learning and I love to trade.

I have now cut out my emotions when I trade, I now plan the trade before I enter, I will know my entry price, my target price, and most importantly my stop loss. I will then trade my plan.

It is great to find a site where there is no ramping.

Regards Drax.

Turtle

I was wondering if anyone who uses this site has ever purchased ether, Russell Sands Turtle Concepts course, or the Turtle Trader.com course.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards Drax

I would be grateful if someone could help me with a system test I wish to carry out. I will be using Metastock 7.2

Buy long or sell short when the market makes a higher high (or lower low) than it has made in the last 20 days or bars.

Exit position if the market makes a lower low (highest high) of the past 10 days or bars in the opposite direction against.

Kind regards
Drax

DRAX,

Use the following formulae:

Open Long:

H=HHV(H,20)

Close Long:

L=LLV(L,10)

Open Short:

L=LLV(L,20)

Close Short:

H=HHV(H,10)

Regards,

Austrader

Tortoise,
Regarding the turtle course. I have no experience of it but I have read the Market Wizards and remember the experiment.

A key factor to bear in mind was that the turtles were screened on undisclosed criteria to maximise the chances of success in the experiment.

With a few exceptions the results were supposed to be highly successful as I recall.

I'm not sure that I would like to pay that sort of money for a course when there are many excellent text books available but you couldn't wish for a better pedigree.