Metastock query

tigger64

Hello all,
I am a new Metastock user, and am experiencing problems when I try to apply a Point & Figure chart to a share that is worth less than $1. It works fine with shares worth more than that! When I try to apply it, the screen just goes blank. In the parameters box the box size is set to 0, and it won't let me change it.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Tigger

Hi Tigger, welcome to t2w.

The mods may well move your post anyway, but a better place to ask this might be in the The Tools/Software/Metastock forum.

Good luck

Can you give an example.
It seems to work for me, but I'm using V7.02 so it may be different.

esiotrot said:
Can you give an example.
It seems to work for me, but I'm using V7.02 so it may be different.

Well, anything under $1.00, for example AEX. My 'box size' defaults to '0', and I get an error message when I try to change it.
Thanks
Harriet

Hi Harriet
I'm a bit dumb!
Just noticed you're posting from OZ.

AEX is an Australian stock?

I'll have a look through my data (UK and US) sometime today.

Hi again.
I've just flicked through the stocks I do have and found this one:

AVR - Avitar inc - quoted on AMEX with stock value below $1 (This is old data because I stopped downloading data for all these odd stocks)

The P&F chart comes up as usual. with default box size set to 0.03 and i adjusted it to 0.01.

The only possibility i can think of is to check how much data you are opening your chart with. i always use 2000.

Attachments

• AVR.jpg
    AVR.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 433
esiotrot said:
Hi Harriet
I'm a bit dumb!
Just noticed you're posting from OZ.

AEX is an Australian stock?

I'll have a look through my data (UK and US) sometime today.

Hello Peter,
no dumber than I! It only occurred to me much later that not necessarily everyone writes from Australia - yes, I am from Oz. That's what happens when you are new to global forums...
Cheers...

Thanks Peter,
this is most bizarre... and I will keep trying.
It's certainly nice to know there is such a community out there!
Have a nice day
Harriet