Metastock plug-ins

techtrader

95 2
metastock plug-ins

Hi
First of all let me say what a great site this is.
I have been looking at the various trading software options available and have decided on Metastock 8 ( I will be going to the next demonstration ). I have used the search function in here so if I am digging up old ground I apologise in advance. It seems there are endless plug ins, and at a couple of hundred pounds apiece it would cost a fortune to try them all. I would value any opinions that you have on this subject. I know you will say it depends on what you are looking for and it depends on the type of trading you do (I swing trade). but in general has anybody found any of these particularly useful?
It would also be useful to speak to anybody that uses this software.

Thanks in anticipation.
Dave

pollux75

9 0
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I was interested in Metastock 8 too. What demonstration are you referring to?

Thanks

techtrader

95 2
Pollux
They tell me they have regular demonstrations in London and if there is enough interest they will come to your region. They are going to let me know.

http://www.paritech.co.uk/default-uk.asp

Thanks for the other sites guys

techtrader

95 2
Mark
Just clicked on your utl and got this message.
You don't have permission to access /MSZ/ on this server.
Thanks
Dave

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
Hi,
I've got Metastock 8.01, although I don't use it a great deal... there's rather a lot in it, and the US TA mag 'Tech Analysis of Stocks and Commodities' often includes code to type in to add even more - I'd suggest you hold off on plug ins until you identify something you want to do that the basic program won't do for you, by which time the plug in you want will pretty well jump out at you. (If one exists for what you want to do!)
Dave

ithomas21

25 0
You can get Metastock for free if you sign up for the Reuters Datalink feed. This is $59/month for EOD data. You can order from the Equis website.

techtrader

95 2
Thanks for that Ithomas.
I will go and have a look.
Dave

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
I'd avoid the Reuters deal,
from www.paritech.co.uk you can buy MS 8 for £330 outright, after that you could run it off any datafeed you like for rather less than $59/mo... some (if you don't mind fiddling about to set it up) free - it doesn't take long to balance the initial outlay if you take free data and save $59 a month.
If you actually WANT the Reuters "professional" data then of course this is a bit more attractive!
Dave

ithomas21

25 0
That would probably work out cheaper.

The Reuter's deal is data for a year but the software is yours to keep. So that would work out at about £480 for the software and 1 year's data feed.

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
Oops.
Sorry Paul, didn't realise it was on the shelf here!
That 'the software is yours to keep' adds another dimension to it, assuming that completion of the 1 yr deal does indeed give you all the rights of a purchaser.
Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock