Metastock 11

wasteof

Hello,

In view of Equis's decision to tie M 12 to Reuters, I wish to buy M 11 & Prof Google has not delivered. Can any members advise where this may be purchased?

TIA,

John G

Malaguti,

Thank you for taking the trouble to help. Unfortunately, the website has the following ...."you do need to have an active data subscription."

John G

They're effectively saying, that its no good buying the software without the data. They then provide a link for you to get data (stocks up), but I would probably have simply gone for the reuters via the downloader. You can call equis and arrange for the data quite easily if Im not mistaken. Alternatively go for another, but you would have had to have done this anyway..Viratech aren't saying "dont speak to me unless you have data already". Call to make sure of course

I don't know about you guys using Ms 11 BUT mine today has stopped working with the error message

Metastock licence required
File astsrv.exe is not current version

Anyone know the answer to this ?
It wasn't mentioned at time of purchase !
Or is this just a underhand method of reuters to make more bucks ???

Please advise

I don't know about you guys using Ms 11 BUT mine today has stopped working with the error message

Metastock licence required
File astsrv.exe is not current version

Anyone know the answer to this ?
It wasn't mentioned at time of purchase !
Or is this just a underhand method of reuters to make more bucks ???

Please advise

Sorry Pat, I can't help I'm afraid. I dont use it anymore, preferring another.
Good luck though

Try this board - apparently not an unknown problem. MetaStock Online Community - Metastock Error Message

Long ago when I used MS 9 it used to annoyingly stop every so often and demand insertion of the original install disc (presumably to check that I wasn't using a pirate copy). You could also try that.

Thanks guys - it will take a few days to get my hands on the old disk and then I will try that. My fiddling with it lost the program - but it may be a blessing in disguise having to start again.

Hi John - I assume you want to do this so you can use a different data feed -

If this is the case can you let me know what data feed you were thinking of using

Thanks