Message For Ftse Traders......

sorry my friend ............ 100p take half profits as 5000 contracts and then next target 96!!

I'm short 103.5 ...stop loss 106!! risky trade though........double top!![/QUOTE]

2nd target achieved this morning ........

that as a very nice trade, well behaved and did exactly like I predicted

Good boy ...haha!!

Pivot points

Hi Guys

WS quoted FTSE pivot point at 3837, but using website livecharts.co.uk, pivot is at
Can anyone explain please.

Morning all!

Hope we all have a great trading day today.

I already grabbed 16 points from the spike this am... makes up for my rubbish performance yesterday!!

Any S/R levels anybody?

Hi Guys

WS quoted FTSE pivot point at 3837, but using website livecharts.co.uk, pivot is at
Can anyone explain please.

Hi there,
Pivot points are calculated depending on opening and closing prices. I would imagine livecharts uses the official open / close which may different to an SB/CFD's open / close. You might find it easier in the long run to draw your own pivot lines.
All the best
KJ

I'm short 103.5 ...stop loss 106!! risky trade though........double top!!

2nd target achieved this morning ........

that as a very nice trade, well behaved and did exactly like I predicted

Good boy ...haha!!

Nice, at least the Banks are still good for something (y)

I'm on the long now at 3836.

Geo think i'm looking at the next resistence at 3870 I have several lines on my charts I start deleting the irrelevant ones as the days goes in.

Viks

What's your strategy on exit Geo?

Hi Vchohan,

Basically I look for trend line breaks, or fib targets, and I have a simple DEMA crossing an MA that I sometimes use.

The key for me now, is not to expect too many points, 10 is fine, 20 is great, anymore is a welcome bonus! Having wanted to be a position trader before now, my expectations where a little higher... so I just have to re-adjust.

3850 as resistance anyone?

Ollie

on my charts we are at a 38.2 round number confluence coming into a lot of news. will this be a turnaround tuesday? will we get a bounce off the 50% retrace at 3867ish?

Hi Vchohan,

Basically I look for trend line breaks, or fib targets, and I have a simple DEMA crossing an MA that I sometimes use.

The key for me now, is not to expect too many points, 10 is fine, 20 is great, anymore is a welcome bonus! Having wanted to be a position trader before now, my expectations where a little higher... so I just have to re-adjust.

3850 as resistance anyone?

Ollie

3850 has held twice now

Thanks Wallstreet.

What was your analysis from last night that got you the points over night for this morning on the FTSE100?

Viks

absolutely, unequivocally, unambiguously oversold my friend.............!!

bring up a one year chart of FTSE and what do you see Fierce support at 3750!!

market never takes out a support on the first time unless something catastrophic happens....

given the amount of news coming up with CBI Realized Sales at 11am and the big move yesterday it would not surprise me to see a choppy morning till 11.am.

And now it's made a double top - i'm a buyer if we break 3850, otherwise a seller

yes with a nice target of yesterday lows.

an ideal turnaround tuesday would take out yesterdays low then rocket up.

at the moment i have no signals to do anything :sleep:

given the amount of news coming up with CBI Realized Sales at 11am and the big move yesterday it would not surprise me to see a choppy morning till 11.am.

choppy as in 10 ticks either side of the 3820 pvt, not much els for now. (y)