Message For Ftse Traders......

cash dude, only because SB = 1 tick spread. the futures for me is around 4 ticks or 2.5 on vdmgm. kinda sucks.

All indices have broken S2 and have broken support on a daily chart. Is there any good reason to be long this market? As mentioned before - I'm nearly always wrong.

Nice entry, 5 min chart has Regular Divergence, from opening low to the low you came in on.

OK huys, now FTSE is a great buy............

If I were trading I would have bought @ 4055....stop loss 4020!!

If i were trading i would have been looking for a nice oversold pullback of 10-20 points or more........

looks like i was 20 points too early as we have had the pull back ..........

happy trading people!!

Thanks WS, although I bow down to your anaylsis in predicting that plunge earlier. Still, I owe you 12 points from that one too. ;)

Looking for a head and shoulders on the 1 min. Then down she goes.

Left shoulder is good, head has been formed. Looking for a slight rally and then to sell.

Apologises for the late response, im short at 4046 stop 4053. Shoulder formed.

Well, that didnt really work as planned.

Out for +2 from a trailing stop :/

Apologises for the late response, im short at 4046 stop 4053. Shoulder formed.

Well, that didnt really work as planned.

Out for +2 from a trailing stop :/

just be careful with you short my friend ......... there could be a small bounce before the big fall........!!

its worth having a long from here with stop loss at 4000........

the probabilities of success are definitely in your favour as there too many support lines before 4000!!

2 days no trading feels weird.....

Thanks for this KJ. Do you trade FTSE using 10/15 min bars usually? If so, what longer time periods are you looking at to establish trends - just the 4 hour? What MAs/EMAs are you applying?

As mentioned in my earlier post, I'm up to speed on the DBLHC, DBHLCs etc, but its establishing the confluence that I'm struggling with.

Hi there,
I think 4 hour seems to work well. As far as I can see the shorter the timeframe the more chance of fakeouts. At present my view on where we are is based around quarterly, monthly and weekly charts........ I don't use any indicators, MA's etc. for this type of trading. Not wanting to go against those who like them, but I want to be able to trade pure price action with reference to market profile & support and resistance.

I do have an indicator set-up I use but it only works when used in conjunction with price action!!

All the best
KJ

I have just placed one cancels other orders as follows:

FTSE long @ 4065 - target 4100
FTSE short @ 4020 - target 3990

20 point stops on both. I may move targets depending on what signals the US give us....

KJ

its worth having a long from here with stop loss at 4000........

the probabilities of success are definitely in your favour as there too many support lines before 4000!!

2 days no trading feels weird.....

I like it when you're trading WS - feels like safety in numbers. When you report your winning trades it provides inspiration.

enclosed chart of the dow,the arrow has the counting column/vertical count .this is from the previous thrust down.there is a horizontal count from previous consolidation also with a target 7660 area
hourly data.10 point box size.3 reversal

Attachments

• dowarrow.png
    dowarrow.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 126