Message For Ftse Traders......

cheers - thought as much, got out before a spike.

Been an expensive morning....any thoughts on likely trends until the Alcoa announcement and after? May be worth keeping my powder dry until then.

Meh. I'm taking a gamble for today @ 30long. I expect a recovery after last weeks performance, luckily I got in at 4429.

General consensus is FTSE up? There is some serious resistance at 4460...

shorting FTSE and using 12 point profit as stop loss ........

short FTSE at 4442 , stop loss 4454!!

lets see what happens hey............ got nothing to lose as didn't expect spike up his morning!!

Ok after a bit of further analysis, i have widened my stop loss to 4473 and added to my position!!

short @ 4459 & 4442 ............stop loss loss 4473!!

UK-T(raider);luckily I got in at 4429.[/QUOTE said:
Nice one

Have been all over the shop this morning - Think Ill see how this plays out until US comes online later.

Now... Do I leave my position open while on the tube to London and risk a tube journey costing me an annual ticket?

Who else is in Long, and who is in Short?

News looks really positive today, but im worried about alcoa announcement and the knockon effects it might have. Anyone got any heads up on further releases today?

I'm still short S&P my friend.............should have had a wider stop loss than 4473 as FTSE now trading at 4455!!

arrrrrrgghh!!!!!!!!!!!!! bloody hell, this really winds me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude - advance to Trafalgar Sq (or wherever!) collect your £200 for passing go and bank it. From experience sitting on the tube with an open position is a nightmare....dont undo the good work!

I'm still short S&P my friend.............should have had a wider stop loss than 4473 as FTSE now trading at 4455!!

arrrrrrgghh!!!!!!!!!!!!! bloody hell, this really winds me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry we all have our bad days :) If its any constellation to you... I lost 75% of my portfolio last week by misreading the markets.

I think i am going to hold on long, always end up changing my view and demolishing my profits and causing somewhat dramatic losses. Persevere and the markets will reward you :)

down she goes like i predicted..............but i'm not there to ride the wave!!

I knew there was resistance at 4470 and kept my stop loss too close to it...........lesson learned my friends, ideal stop loss would have been 4480!!

but having said that my entry is the real flaw ..............anyway, I have learned my lesson from this trade!!

not to be repeated again!!

MY S&P short is doing well and covering my loss on FTSE??

Last edited:
4,380 (F) strong support. Buy a bounce, sell a break. Now if I only knew what they looked like...

Could be an interesting afternoon.

Ben

out of ineterst Ben what would you call a break of 4380?

That's it, give me an easy question :) !

I don't think there is a hard and fast rule of x number of points. This is where even a boring, rational trader like me has to admit to a certain amount of intuition/gut feel.

I'd be looking to sell into some strength anyway so it is not a case of having to be that quick on the button.

And anyway it bounced (but needs more confirmation for any bigger move up). I just missed my target by .2 for a quick 15.

Ben

So I've taken half, moved my stop up (but not to break even, I think that is a rubbish idea) and will let it run.

I think the new series of Countdown starts today (with the Carol replacement) so my brain might be elsewhere.