Message For Ftse Traders......

+ 40 points today with a mixture of FTSE and GBP/EURO. Gave up after lunch on FTSE, way too choppy for me. GBP/Euro is much easier I find for a Newbie like myself!

Cheers all, Ollie

well done to wallstreet,kitejedi and others who went short.you caught a great move.luckily i only had a long on the nas100 going with a trailing stop.these news items can be hard to play sometimes
enjoy the money

Thanks Dentist for the P/F reference btw.

UKSnowman, I'll pm you tommorow regarding fib setup.

Sure WS. Did you watch the Fibs vid I posted? If so, I'm curious to know what you think of that approach?

well done to wallstreet,kitejedi and others who went short.you caught a great move.luckily i only had a long on the nas100 going with a trailing stop.these news items can be hard to play sometimes
enjoy the money

Thanks Dentist, although it was a slightly phyrric victory after the reversal this morning, which I was not expecting....

KJ

eurgbp death zone.i shall explain this.eurgbp is in a downtrend.it has retraced back into the zone of a previous swing high/retrace of a downswing.i shall post the chart

enclosed chart of the death zone.price is in a downtrend on this chart.it has retraced into the zone where it got shorted before.you can see that the zone started 0.8800.so we watch this zone for an upside failure and continuation of the downtrend.you can see very nicely the swing areas
in candlestick terms you want to look for a divergence to end the minor uptrend .to continue the established downtrend.as it breached 0.8800.you might have to look ata higher timeframe for a more major res area
if you look at forex-tsd.com.bubble has a thread on using supp and resistance effectively.bbmac in his thread on t2w has elaborated on this
hope this explains

Attachments

• death zone.png
    death zone.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 109
Sure WS. Did you watch the Fibs vid I posted? If so, I'm curious to know what you think of that approach?

yes it is very interesting my friend........

If its working for you and you are successful applying it then I would certainly like to add it into my armory......!!

just give me a brief explanation of it my friend!!

I have always been interested in Fibonacci levels but never had time to research and study them!!

Morning all!

Lets go again.. Seeking 38 points as a target of the day! Thats all I need..

Hope we have a nice day!

morning Vinicius................

and morning to every one.....

expect a push up to 4200 and above and hover around there pre US open before it falls even further

I honestly thought we would have held 4200 but I was surprised it broken below.......bearish,very bearish!!

yes it is crazy............................but it was in the pipeline for ages!!

They dangled the carrott(stimulus package) and everyone started buying and everyone fell for it.......then the experienced people come in and take their chips off the table.......

I have shorted Barclays before the close at 116..stop loss 120!!

wow.....massive 8 p gap down on barclays............yes please, easy profit as i had shorted 3000 contracts

Morning all,

FTSE Cash under 200 and 25 MA on all time frames noe (yesterday on hourly chart we closed beneath after finding previous support on it)
Pleanty of news out this morning 9:30 and 10:30 so i expect it will stay tight beforehand.
Anyone in a trade?

morning Vinicius................

and morning to every one.....

expect a push up to 4200 and above and hover around there pre US open before it falls even further

I honestly thought we would have held 4200 but I was surprised it broken below.......bearish,very bearish!!

We may see the price check the levels of 4260 before go down, possible retracement to 61.8 fib and then down again..

GE - 07:00 - Final CPI M/M.
UK - 09:30 - Claimant Count Change.
UK - 09:30 - Average Earnings Index Q/Y.
UK - 09:30 - Unemployment Rate.
UK - 10:30 - BOE Gov King Speaks.
UK - 10:30 - BOE Inflation Report.
US - 13:30 - Trade Balance.
US - 14:50 - FOMC Member Duke Speaks.
US - 15:30 - Crude Oil Inventories.
US - 18:30 - FOMC Member Evans Speaks.
US - 19:00 - Federal Budget Balance.