Message For Ftse Traders......

closed at 3975 for +30

Hey Keithh- I knew you'd be up on this short!

Was short at open, closed @ 3980 for +21. Trailed stop to 3980 and was stopped out - did you close manually @ 3975 on yesterdays low? - only noticed this support line just now.

Hi Lapalabra, am I getting that predictable?

I closed out manually at 3975, was going to close at 3984 but thought it might go down further so moved the stop then notived it resisting so closed.

I closed out manually at 3975, was going to close at 3984 but thought it might go down further so moved the stop then notived it resisting so closed.
went long @3995.5 stop at b/e

After planning for this morning's open meticulously (or so I thought) I just hadn't noticed that trendline- and it was hit on the nose before the bounce. If i had that drawn in the hesitation there would have given me an exit signal!

Anyway, what's done is done- nice exit there, and yes Keith - as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow you will be nailing the ftse open!

After planning for this morning's open meticulously (or so I thought) I just hadn't noticed that trendline- and it was hit on the nose before the bounce. If i had that drawn in the hesitation there would have given me an exit signal!

hey you still got a good exit in my book, what was your risk on that one?

Anyway, what's done is done- nice exit there, and yes Keith - as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow you will be nailing the ftse open![/QUOTE]

I wish

hey you still got a good exit in my book, what was your risk on that one?

Just got back from the butchers...

Risk? You mean there's a risk? :p

Had a 10 point stop in place, but a mental stop to get out straight away if the move against me was quick and strong as this would have meant I had things totally wrong.

i should been more confident with this entry by the looks of things - Oh well

No worries, if we have confirmation around here there'll be another opp to get through yesterdays high of 4039...

And um, haven't you met your daily target and should be demo trading? :p

No worries, if we have confirmation around here there'll be another opp to get through yesterdays high of 4039...

And um, haven't you met your daily target and should be demo trading? :p

it may suprise you but on Thursday i was -10 for the day.

now heres a story. i know you like them.

orignally I was not going to trade as i had other commitments, but there was an opportunity to trade for about an hour form 8am so numpty decided I might as well, and I called it wrong and got stopped out for -10. time ran out so that was it -10 for the day.

so today i was not only looking to complete todays target but also make up for Thursday.

what a poor psychology. it can make you lose even more if it handled in the right way hence the second trade taken today was with a real lean towards not losing which meant that i really should not have taken it as i was not prepeared to lose. the good news it didnt cost me anything, the bad news is what happened after it stopped me out. because hindsight is great at telling you that you were right all along and if you had played it as a normal trade you would have made it.

moral: if you mindset is not right don't trade it. It will pull you apart.

it may suprise you but on Thursday i was -10 for the day.

now heres a story. i know you like them.

orignally I was not going to trade as i had other commitments, but there was an opportunity to trade for about an hour form 8am so numpty decided I might as well, and I called it wrong and got stopped out for -10. time ran out so that was it -10 for the day.

so today i was not only looking to complete todays target but also make up for Thursday.

what a poor psychology. it can make you lose even more if it handled in the right way hence the second trade taken today was with a real lean towards not losing which meant that i really should not have taken it as i was not prepeared to lose. the good news it didnt cost me anything, the bad news is what happened after it stopped me out. because hindsight is great at telling you that you were right all along and if you had played it as a normal trade you would have made it.

moral: if you mindset is not right don't trade it. It will pull you apart.

That is poor psychology, and I'm not unfamiliar with it either! Worse thing is, it messes with your positive expectation going into the trade. I'm not going to comment further, I've got too many of these kinds of examples myself....!