Message For Ftse Traders......

Just logged in. I hope no one has been upsetting wallstreet1928! Squirrel is off to read past posts to see what can be snuffled...

VIX ..............is up 47.35...bad news!! fear index!!

Gold up to 928..............fear index!!! people selling stocks and back into safe haven!!

Just logged in. I hope no one has been upsetting wallstreet1928! Squirrel is off to read past posts to see what can be snuffled...

haha............the character is back!!

I like you my friend.....

it was more on the side of private messages that I got........but doesn't matter guys, like you said i have to rise above it and keep going!!

Very glad to see you back on the board wallstreet.

Back on to the analysis!

the 3533 support line has been trashed.. But Im expecting it to become a resistance line and be tested at least once this eveneing. Overall I think the market will end just above 3500 or so.
Im thinking of doing a long term long trade at this point, hoping to capitalize on the elliot wave theory upswing to 3800 before another sustained drop.. Ive not only seen this said by the link you gave wallstreet (thanks for the link) but by nadeem walayat over at market oracle as well.. (go to Dow Jones Stock Market Index Forecast 2009 - Update1 at Walayat Street - Nadeem Walayat's Financial Markets Trading and Analysis Site )

hmmmm...interesing link!!

will read and investigate..........

ok lets try and post some charts before i go to the whirling Dervish ceremony every thursdays...

I am neutral guys.......sitting on the sidelines as the bulls and bears fight it out?

Easy formula once again

S&P > 690 bullish all indices recover
S&P < 690 bearish all support levels get trashed

I am very surprised with this sell off , I honestly thought the asia bail out Euphoria would carry on

FTSE short covered for a couple of points. Everything is putting in higher highs and higher lows. This is mad. You can make a case for a good short squeeze and also for a collapse.

Just call me confused :confused:

Hi Wallstreet are you long FTSE at the mo? I'm long from 3510 on the failed retest....

I would advise everyone - CAUTION

there is a big fight raging as we speak between :

BULLS in one corner

BEARS in another corner

don't enter it or you might get bruised in the brawl!!

you know what Sir William would advise you..................

FTSE short covered for a couple of points. Everything is putting in higher highs and higher lows. This is mad. You can make a case for a good short squeeze and also for a collapse.

Just call me confused :confused:

tell me about it my friend.........

BUT IF..................I were to go long i would long the DAX, you will get more purchase from it!!

OK less talking more charts now..................

BUt what i would do and what will do is have BUY order placed on S&P @ 700 .....if it hits that, then we can see it fly to 710- 720!!

and have sell order 680 .........then we really do have an Armageddon case scenario!!

Sometimes as traders we tend to over trade.........

Its good to wait for the best opportunity, timing is everything in this game

hence the reason why I decided to take the rest of the weak off (but even then I'm trading after 2 days of resisting............trigger happy)

i suppose its hard when you are doing it full time as you have pressure of producing results to pay bills

I think that we got the retest of the 3533 resistance line at about 18:15, and now its headed back down.
Good advice by wall street which I will be taking. Unsure at the moment which direction the market will head. It could either begin a climb that goes on tommorow or another major sell off to new lows...
Wallstreet Im interested to know why you use the S&P as an indicator.. do you see the S&P as leading most of the other indices..?

I think that we got the retest of the 3533 resistance line at about 18:15, and now its headed back down.
Good advice by wall street which I will be taking. Unsure at the moment which direction the market will head. It could either begin a climb that goes on tommorow or another major sell off to new lows...
Wallstreet Im interested to know why you use the S&P as an indicator.. do you see the S&P as leading most of the other indices..?

yes my friend I shall clarify...keep firing those questions?

I'm working till 8pm and work is very quiet tonight....hoping i can finish at 7.30pm,waiting for manager to authorise and i'll be running for the exit(out of my bedroom as i work from home)!!haha......

OK......you have

The S&P 500 is a value weighted index published since 1957 of the prices of 500 large cap common stocks actively traded in the United States.

Dow Jones: The average is computed from the stock prices of 30 of the largest and most widely held public companies in the United States.

now which one would you use to gauge the US market?

avg of 500 stocks across a broad spectrum of industries or top 30 based on market cap!!

hence the S&P my friend............it is a better indicator that is more stable to trade as opposed to Dow Jones that is so volatile!!

yes my friend I shall clarify...keep firing those questions?

I'm working till 8pm and work is very quiet tonight....hoping i can finish at 7.30pm,waiting for manager to authorise and i'll be running for the exit(out of my bedroom as i work from home)!!haha......

OK......you have

The S&P 500 is a value weighted index published since 1957 of the prices of 500 large cap common stocks actively traded in the United States.

Dow Jones: The average is computed from the stock prices of 30 of the largest and most widely held public companies in the United States.

now which one would you use to gauge the US market?

avg of 500 stocks across a broad spectrum of industries or top 30 based on market cap!!

hence the S&P my friend............it is a better indicator that is more stable to trade as opposed to Dow Jones that is so volatile!!

Thanks for the answer. Im using igindex to spreadbet at the moment and the ftse100 seems more attractive to me (spread wise and minimum price per point) than the S&P market. Do you think that the S&P is a good indicator to predict movement in the ftse100..? I noticed you did this last night as well when you predicted the fall of the ftse from around 3700 using the S&P. Probably my last question for the night. Gotta go do my training for the day. Hope you get off work early friend.

China caused the the upswing, and now its causing the down swing....

China is a rising super power, and it will take over USA by 2020 it is predicted

Napoleons quote on China

" China is a sleeping giant,
do not awaken her,
for when she awakes the whole world shall tremble"

and the market certainly is...........hahaha!!

Thanks for the answer. Im using igindex to spreadbet at the moment and the ftse100 seems more attractive to me (spread wise and minimum price per point) than the S&P market. Do you think that the S&P is a good indicator to predict movement in the ftse100..? I noticed you did this last night as well when you predicted the fall of the ftse from around 3700 using the S&P. Probably my last question for the night. Gotta go do my training for the day. Hope you get off work early friend.

yes my manager authorised..........12 mins and counting!!

yes I use certainly use S&P as a relatively reliable predictor(but beware as not always the case)............so separate analysis on FTSE is advisable my friend!!

OK guys last post.........shooting off to do some whirling in the SUFI centre!! haha.......

I have opened up a long trade

very high risk trade ...........not for the faint hearted!!

it is because i believe we are going to trade sideways until job data tomorrow.........!!

long DAX 3678...stop loss 3650........target...anywhere upwards of 3678 as i'm off out!!

goodnight to you all

i'll be back at midnightish to post charts...........

Stupid question, but I cant find the DAXX on IG, how do I find it to have a look at WS's suggestion?

thanks