Message For Ftse Traders......

Sure - here goes!! FWIW I don't think my short is going to work. With the benefit of hindsight it might have been better to wait and see if the Dax had any appetite outside of its IB before going short......

View attachment 48434

KJ

Haha - well at least I was right about one thing and that was that I was wrong!! Should have paid more attention to the Dax.

Stopped for 20 points - grrr

up down up down...

i have sold @ 4229 (futures) BB top to bottom at the mo.

and will sell more @ 4226

TGT @ 4216

stop @ 4237

up down up down...

i have sold @ 4229 (futures) BB top to bottom at the mo.

and will sell more @ 4226

TGT @ 4216

stop @ 4237

so short 2 lots now, i have another signal to sell at 4222 but wont as want to keep small today

Could you expand a bit more on the analysis that makes you think it's going up? My analysis seems to be out of kilter so it would be good to compare from someone who sees it differently!

UK snowman.............I promise i will email you later I honestly have to go to the mosque for friday prayers now and i have to get showered up and ready!!

I'm not good at posting charts, etc.........

I will explain in words!!

and remember guys always do your own analysis, its good to take advice but always your own analysis

thats the only way you are going to learn my friends.............

take care

No problem!! Looking forward to see your take on it.

I've been follow the videos from inthemoneystocks.com that you linked a few times and they are seriously good. I was able to pick out the low point of the DOW rally yesterday based on the charting explanations from those videos. Highly recommended in case anyone hasn't seen them!

-9 points on last trade. I'm flat on the whole FTSE now... I see a hacthet job at best right now.... up down, chop chop!

so short 2 lots now, i have another signal to sell at 4222 but wont as want to keep small today

so sold more @ 4226.5 so total of 3 sells, tight market, bought 1 back @ 4219, stopped on bal @ 4223.

i know very tight stop but take the money where you can.

All seems flat at the moment, time to take the dog out! 60 Min Chart has us holding above the 200 MA (almost a support line in its own right) and well above the 25 day.
We are holding above the .382 fib line of yesterdays low to todays high which is 4231 ish. I think the US open will bring direction,confidence figures at 15:00 may also help.
I think we see another push at 4330 where we could break out the triangle.

Dax has now broken out of its IB (along with FTSE) so am short FTSE (again!) at 4228. Target 4200. 20 point stop as usual.

KJ

Target met Monsieur, well done... clearly I shouldn't have bailed! I live and learn.

Next target 4212... could be possible

edit: target was a fib level, 4219, 4212, then 4180... all hit!

Last edited:
Dax has now broken out of its IB (along with FTSE) so am short FTSE (again!) at 4228. Target 4200. 20 point stop as usual.

KJ

Gap faded and closed position @ 4200 so 28 points profit. Am now going to sit back and wait for the US to open and see what the Michigan numbers offer up at 3pm......