mergers and acquisition volume

jefreunde74

20 0
hi! folks a question
how many volume should i buy when im trading a merger and acquisition?
i mean when the trasaction has a sudden jump from 30 to 50%

thanx

binarymatt

14 0
Are you trading stocks or options? I'm assuming your trying to trade some sort of M&A strategy? Position size is ultimately going to be dependent on your appetite for risk

jefreunde74

20 0
ok so let me give you an example
we have this stock X trading today at 7.71 and the M&A would make it jum like 30%, to 10. i could see that when an acquisition happens the volume jumps like 10x time the average volume. so if the average volume today is 3M, after the M&A the volume would be like 30M. So 30M times 10, we are talking about 300M in play that day.
So my question is this: if i want to be only 1% of the money that is being play that day (we are talking about 3M), should i buy, before the M&A, 3M / 7.7 = aprox 390.000 shares?
But another thing that i saw is the the jump of the M&A happens in the pre-market when the volume is minimum, i dont know if i can buy that amount of shares if the volume in the pre-market is at maximum like 5000 shares
What would you do in this scenario?
thanx

binarymatt

14 0
Not sure what kind of information you're privy to but if you know an M&A is happening before it hits the market then I would invest my entire account plus any leverage I'm allowed :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock