Mental Fatigue?

MistakesWereMade

I'm new to trading and in the few weeks I was really enthusiastic about it. I learned a lot during this short time. Technical analysis, fundamentals, momentum trading, scalping, fading, gaps etc. I believe I've learned more in a week then what most traders learned in a few months or years.

But now something is beginning to catch up to me...

This mental exhaustion I'm starting to feel from what I can only identify as information overload. I don't think my brain can handle that much information in such a short time...

Does anyone else get this?

I try my best to not think of the stock market for one day & maybe give my brain a rest, but it's like wired to me...

I haven't even began trading real money and already I'm like an addict!
Is this normal?

Last edited:
You are exhibiting signs of having Trading Dependency which is an addictive condition with only one cure which is to quit trading entirely.

I'm new to trading and in the few weeks I was really enthusiastic about it. I learned a lot during this short time. Technical analysis, fundamentals, momentum trading, scalping, fading, gaps etc. I believe I've learned more in a week then what most traders learned in a few months or years.

This mental exhaustion I'm starting to feel from what I can only identify as information overload. I don't think my brain can handle that much information in such a short time...

I try my best to not think of the stock market for one day & maybe give my brain a rest, but it's like wired to me...

Is this normal?
I was addicted to the markets and i now just observe.I enjoy live face to face poker aswell but do not venture online now.It all depends on your circumstances really and your family should come first.

Last edited:
You need to concentrate on minimising the input quantity of information. Have frequent short breaks.
You must develop rigid self control as otherwise your trading is doomed.
This is assuming you don't have any underlying OCD problems. If you do, don't trade.

I've been told the same thing. I haven't missed a trading day in almost a year. I need to take a break, but I'm just getting started. Maybe when I make enough to afford a day off, I will probably take half days off on Fridays, and Mondays off. I suck on Mondays.

I've been told the same thing. I haven't missed a trading day in almost a year. I need to take a break, but I'm just getting started. Maybe when I make enough to afford a day off, I will probably take half days off on Fridays, and Mondays off. I suck on Mondays.

I'm just glad to hear the problem does exist in the stock market. I thought I was the only one finding it addicting.

Is this normal?

When you start trading real money most or maybe all of the info you learnt will not be required. IMO

Good Luck

Bulletproof coffee (google it).
Your brain will create the neural pathways needed. Make it hard...over load yourself, if you are not being challenged you will not grow. Right now you are just seeing little pieces of a puzzle all strewn around. It feels like over load but that's when your brain is creating pathways...making links, putting things together. Eventually you will start to see it all come together and you will stand back and see the whole picture. And then keep challenging yourself....go in over your head, you will eventually start to swim. Take breaks when you get frustrated, have some downtime but go back at it even harder when your ready. And when you realize it's mostly BS and fairy dust you will be getting somewhere.

Like my Pappy always said, "You have to catch fire before you can burn out."

I found I used to perform best in 2 hour blocks. It's hard when trading for yourself as you often feel like you're not doing enough. But better to do 2 hours of solid work with your brain on point then muddling around after staring at the screen for 12 hours straight.

Remember just take the guilt out of it. I actually tracked my trading with a normal week and then a week doing the 2 hours on / 2 hours off method and the results spoke for themselves.

I found I used to perform best in 2 hour blocks. It's hard when trading for yourself as you often feel like you're not doing enough. But better to do 2 hours of solid work with your brain on point then muddling around after staring at the screen for 12 hours straight.

Remember just take the guilt out of it. I actually tracked my trading with a normal week and then a week doing the 2 hours on / 2 hours off method and the results spoke for themselves.

Are you a real person.

why you waste time agonizing over self, market out there not inside you, plenty time sleep when dead. not wuss be, trade market like truculent whore, slap hard, slap often,

Are you a real person.

What do you mean am I a real person?

By the way I didn't mean just do 2 hours in a whole day, just 2 hours in a block at a time. Staring at screens for hours on end used to mean fatigue for me which normally resulted in over trading.

why you waste time agonizing over self, market out there not inside you, plenty time sleep when dead. not wuss be, trade market like truculent whore, slap hard, slap often,

Confucius he say, who flung dung at whore, get plenty punishment from her pimp. Go the way of the Tao. Plenty trades stop loss on. No lose. Win maybe.

Is this normal?

Sounds like information overload.

First thing I'd say is don't listen to the media. Any of it.

Take account of the news releases relevant to whatever you are trading and ignore the rest.

Follow the relevant charts. That's all you really need to pay attention to.

Take breaks.

Have a holiday.

Spend time outside, close to nature, without any electronic equipment whatsoever.

The market is going to eat you alive with that hubris.

Realistically, unless you have someone showing you the ropes, chances are you have so far learnt nothing of value at all.

What were your sources of information?