Me vrs Market

Profitsniper007

Been keeping a written journal documenting my trading adventure for person learning for several years now, this will be first time I have done a public one, and will be the first time I have done one online, which may be advantageous since I may add pictures to show set ups for further illustration.

I will be documenting my personal retail account. I am also beginning a trial with a broker to be a in house trader, so will document that one as well.

The majority of the time, these will be the same but there will be some times that the trades vary since I have certain rules to stick to for the trial.

For example, I must maintain a 3:1 r/r with the trail (I do generally trade 3:1 or better anyway on my retail, but do sometimes deviate from it, dropping to 2:1) and I am not aloud to hold weekend positions, which I do sometimes do if I can have my stop in breakeven going in to the weekend. On Yen crosses for example, we can see some crazy gaps when the market opens and if you happened to be on the right side of that it can be a extra 50+ pips.

I day trade, so most days I will update this.

Was busy today and never took any new trades - looks like it was a fun day as well.
I hit a tp on USDJPY for about 170 pips running from last Thurday - 101.40 - 99.70

Can someone please tell me how to add a screen shot to my posts please?

Can someone please tell me how to add a screen shot to my posts please?

assuming you know how to take and edit ( hide usernames etc ) the screenshot in paint or similar, save it into a file ( my photos ) for example.

Click the little attachment icon ( paper-clip ) above the dialog box, search for your screenshot and press upload, go to "preview post at the bottom of the dialog box to see if it worked (y)

assuming you know how to take and edit ( hide usernames etc ) the screenshot in paint or similar, save it into a file ( my photos ) for example.

Click the little attachment icon ( paper-clip ) above the dialog box, search for your screenshot and press upload, go to "preview post at the bottom of the dialog box to see if it worked (y)

Ah, I need to do it via "go advanced"
I am slightly above useless and know everything to do just did not see a attachment bit, but was just coz I used quick reply.

Thanks for your help Mike, as soon as I knew there should be a attachment option it became rather obvious lol

Was actually a little over 180 pips, I was looking at my amended stop loss rather than my enter price - duh.

Initial stop on this trade would have been about 101.80 just above the high of the candle before I entered which turned out to the high of Thursday.

Attachments

• us.PNG
    us.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 240
In reality, it's me versus other traders.

Well, since most people use MM brokers, in reality it is usually you vrs the broker. They take the other side of your trade.

Which is why you should never take a trade tip from your broker - there is a conflict of interest (which they are obligated to tell you in small print)

Hit stop loss on UJ sell, about 13 pips.
Reversed on position when resis broke and it became apparent I was going to hit stop.

Attachments

• uj.PNG
    uj.PNG
    1.8 KB · Views: 165
  • uj1.PNG
    uj1.PNG
    1.2 KB · Views: 164
Durrrrr - screwed this one up.

Meant to set my tp to 99.35, set it to 98.35.

Never noticed until I never got taken out the market, amended it but then it never hit by the close of the hour. Expected retrace that could take me out on SL to I bailed manually.

I am in another trade on this pair from higher up with a bigger target (I have no FIFO) - just took this as a quick scalpy trade with very tight Sl. Will post that other one when it's completed.

+ 12 pips this one.

Attachments

• uj.PNG
    uj.PNG
    1.5 KB · Views: 160
Well, since most people use MM brokers, in reality it is usually you vrs the broker. They take the other side of your trade.

Which is why you should never take a trade tip from your broker - there is a conflict of interest (which they are obligated to tell you in small print)

Ahhh, the small print. Often ignored and not bothered by a lot.

Ahhh, the small print. Often ignored and not bothered by a lot.

Sometimes the small print is the only bit I read lol.

If you watch TV (I suggest you don't) you can just mute the adverts and read the print at the bottom, they will tell you everything you need to know.

All the rest is just to distract you from that :)

Sometimes the small print is the only bit I read lol.

If you watch TV (I suggest you don't) you can just mute the adverts and read the print at the bottom, they will tell you everything you need to know.

All the rest is just to distract you from that :)

It is good that you read the fine print, it is the smart thing to do. I usually do the same :)