(y)hi Traders, always be a smart trader as forex itself is smart so u av to be
smarter but dont try to be smartest.

easy life:idea:

(y)hi Traders, always be a smart trader as forex itself is smart so u av to be
smarter but dont try to be smartest.

easy life:idea:

Good advice,

Also,

dont be a dumb ass trader as to be dumb u ave to be stupid and stupidness always comes out with dumb sayings.

A winner never quits......Thats why I still smoke.

Hi

I'm a novice and I think it is a right place to find good people,and a good answers.
I'm glad to be in this place.Once again Hello Everybody.

Please don't groan but I'm a novice!

I'm attracted to this board by the friendly nature of the posting - the info about the chat room is a good example. No bitching; no insults; no puerility;no ramping. I think you probably know the boards I'm referring to where these practices are all too prevalent.

I have a fund of about 10K cash. I'm not greedy (why not I hear someone say!) but I would like to make around £80-£100 a day after costs. How realistic is this in the present market. I'm not afraid of hard work and have been researching on a daily basis for a couple of months before taking the plunge. If I can make my targets all well and good. If I lose my pot too bad - I'll just top myself (just kidding!)

Any encouragement or advice would be gratefully received.

Best wishes

felixakulw

QUITE DOABLE IN MY OPINION - $300--TO $500 WEEKLY, IF YOU LEARN ELLIOT W PLUS HOW TO FOLLOW THE MARKET JOSEPHPEPE

best wishes...

Hi there!,

I am new to this site myself. Wish you good luck.
$10,000!! WOW. :whistling

kd35

Please don't groan but I'm a novice!

I'm attracted to this board by the friendly nature of the posting - the info about the chat room is a good example. No bitching; no insults; no puerility;no ramping. I think you probably know the boards I'm referring to where these practices are all too prevalent.

I have a fund of about 10K cash. I'm not greedy (why not I hear someone say!) but I would like to make around £80-£100 a day after costs. How realistic is this in the present market. I'm not afraid of hard work and have been researching on a daily basis for a couple of months before taking the plunge. If I can make my targets all well and good. If I lose my pot too bad - I'll just top myself (just kidding!)

Any encouragement or advice would be gratefully received.

Best wishes

felixakulw

Felix,

With 10k in capital,you have more than enough to trade for the rest of your life.Keep burn rate of living expenses to a minimum.Put this in your daily viewing
Random Equity Curve Simulator of a trading system. Learn it before you trade
That is the foundation of trading,calculate math any free time you have.the formula is explained.
I would suggest looking for a w/l of 5 and a probability of 30% .Math of .8 has you in elite status,show that to a firm,be prepared for a smothering of offers.
Oddly if you can trade .8 math,why would you do it for those who cant? Thus quality traders do not work for anyone.

I am not endorsing the links on the simulator,sorry about that,

Last edited:
Hi,everyone.
Just joined this forum. Welcoming all helping hand to make my forex trading a success. Learning as I go along. Have used virtual trading account by FXCM ( MICRO ) and InstaTrader . Any comment/suggestion/support/recommendations?

Thanks.

Price Action and Forex Trading

I was taught to trade price action, and I can tell you, its the only way to go. Back when I started, it was all very confusing, untill finally, I met some traders who believed in " trading price action".
There is a larger degree of clarity with pure price charts, and after several years looking at just the major pairs on plain vanilla forex charts, I can confidently suggest you learn this trading art form. Theres a site called "learn to trade the market" has plenty of good stuff.

All the best

Hunter

Last edited:
I was taught to trade price action, and I can tell you, its the only way to go. Back when I started, it was all very confusing, untill finally, I met some traders who believed in " trading price action".
There is a larger degree of clarity with pure price charts, and after several years looking at just the major pairs on plain vanilla forex charts, I can confidently suggest you learn this trading art form.

All the best

Hunter

Thanks for the advice . Looks like we have a very resourceful site you provided . I"ll explore it . Thanks again .

My advice would mirror much of the above. Risk only 2% of your capital on each trade and follow a system. I make a lot of money trading now, but it took me 2 years and in between I did a lot of reading, a lot of excel modelling and a lot of money was lost before I figured it out.

Don't be seduced by complexity (in anything in life). Complexity isn't sophistication - its a lack of clear thinking.

Way of the Turtle (a book I found uesful) is very good - makes the point consistently that unless you're a fundamentals trader - trading is gambling - and we all would do well to remember that.

Good luck.

(Ithink I have worked out how to use this)
Hi People
Refrence to way of the turtle. Life is a gamble,its not "Who Dares Wins" but,
Who Traines Hardest & is Best Prepared.
Regard's Joe

Hi Felix, although I have been a member of T2W for many years I, like you, am new to the Forum and really do appreciate the sort of help that is being provided by others. It has the feel of a good community here.
Re your self declared status of 'newbie'; given what is happening to the world markets at the moments, and how the rule books appear to be being re-written, I am not too sure that anyone can describe themselves as anything more than a novice!!
However, I am sure that people are still going to make a healthy income from the markets and I wish you all the best with your trading.
Cheers.

Hi Everyone
am also a newbie from Australia; been trading two weeks - last week was great - up $789, :clap: this week, so far down $360... :( Fortunately still on a demo account while I figure out the terminology, decide on a broker and try figure out a strategy..could be a while.... any thoughts on a newbie picking up Elliot Wave theory? :confused:

great to come across a forum where the posters dont seem to be from a different planet.

best
Claire

Hi Sharky,

sorry ...I think I posted in the wrong place....anyway..just wanted to introduce myself and although registered on the forum a long time ago, I been living inthe fast lane and havent had time to visit here but have now made thedecision to visit here regularly....

My advice would mirror much of the above. Risk only 2% of your capital on each trade and follow a system. I make a lot of money trading now, but it took me 2 years and in between I did a lot of reading, a lot of excel modelling and a lot of money was lost before I figured it out.

Don't be seduced by complexity (in anything in life). Complexity isn't sophistication - its a lack of clear thinking.

Way of the Turtle (a book I found uesful) is very good - makes the point consistently that unless you're a fundamentals trader - trading is gambling - and we all would do well to remember that.
Good luck.

Eh?

Do you mean you have to study everything from employment data to companies P&L in order to make a trade? Or do you simply mean not to trade against the trend?

sorry - that wasn't clear at all - a while since I wrote this - what I meant was that unless you are a fundamentals trader - i.e. you look at the real world to make your trading decisions - the rest of us (i.e. those who speculate using systems) are at heart - just gamblers with an edge - and therefore all the normal rules of gambling apply

I actually outsource all my actual trading to a very good company in India - excellent people - having the practicalities of the trading itself taken care of I find very useful to help me focus on the job of developing systems which work