Market Prediction/Risk:Reward

Dax

yes I have many long brainstorming session's over this one as well & still as u say am not sure of the answer , or, if there is one.

what I have been trying to work on recently is gaining the advantage in my entries, so I suppose trying to increase the chance of it being successful anyway without such a concern for the stop, & I suppose the stop move is habit if nothing else........but then also getting a foothold in the market earlier, so when breakeven there is less chance of that stop being touched........as I used to get caught like this often.

but then I still just dont know really, & as the markets are never the same twice, I find trying to find one simple & best answer very difficult as I always seem to see conflicting results arguing for both methods , if u c what I mean.

I have often thought over time both would work out pretty similar for overall results.

psychologically I find it easier to move the stop but I think this is habit for me & not sure if it is a good one........because as u say if your interpretation of the current market sentiment is right.it should not matter so much.

Jay

Resurrection

I'm resurrecting this thread from long ago, because it's still pertinent and very relevant today. This thread should be required reading for every trader. :)

James