Mark Austin FTSE Service

Is anyone using Mark Austin service?
If so, is it producing any profit?
He seems to have been around a long time.

Here is my 2 cents, been with his service over 2 and a half years now and taken his course as well, no doubt that the service is profitable overall though I have had my ups and downs with it.

The course definitely also makes you a better trader and I have been able to apply many of the principles taught to other indices apart from the FTSE.

I would mention though that if you are looking for constant action, this is not the service for you as it is very much a case of less is more. It took me a long time to learn that lesson.

Here is my 2 cents, been with his service over 2 and a half years now and taken his course as well, no doubt that the service is profitable overall though I have had my ups and downs with it.

The course definitely also makes you a better trader and I have been able to apply many of the principles taught to other indices apart from the FTSE.

I would mention though that if you are looking for constant action, this is not the service for you as it is very much a case of less is more. It took me a long time to learn that lesson.
Hi Medman,
Would u mind suggesting an alternative provider, where there is more action? I would prefer more trades per day.

Hi Medman,
Would u mind suggesting an alternative provider, where there is more action? I would prefer more trades per day.

There are many out there though if they are profitable over the medium to long term is another matter. The 2 I have found profitable are Whichwaytoday by Tom Hougaard/Dr David Paul (been on a research break for a year but back in April) and Trading Strategies by Phil Newton who is or was also pretty active on this site.

I am sure you have heard this before but I will still say it, I have lost eye watering amounts in the market over the years by not accepting that it is very difficult to be profitable if you don't select your trades carefully and this usually means you are not actually trading most of the time unless you are a scalper.

There are many out there though if they are profitable over the medium to long term is another matter. The 2 I have found profitable are Whichwaytoday by Tom Hougaard/Dr David Paul (been on a research break for a year but back in April) and Trading Strategies by Phil Newton who is or was also pretty active on this site.

I am sure you have heard this before but I will still say it, I have lost eye watering amounts in the market over the years by not accepting that it is very difficult to be profitable if you don't select your trades carefully and this usually means you are not actually trading most of the time unless you are a scalper.
Thanks for your reply Medman and the wise words. I will check both these providers and hopefully one of them will suit.

fwiw - i'm giving mark austins service a go for a month. i've been trading the ftse for about a year now, based on trying to follow the p a on the 5 min chart, and whilst i've had some success, i've found it hard to get consistency.

rather that give a day by day account, i'll give some feedback at the end of the week. his call this morning was good, so he's got off on the right foot.

well, i had one of best weeks . agree with a previous poster who said "less is more" . he has called the market extremely well each day. yesterday for example it was a buy over 6440 - so that did me for 90 odd points. and my previous style was 4 - 10 trades a day (50% of which were a waste of time and money!) i mean yesterday - who didnt look for some shorting opportunities ? well it would've been a fruitless task.... even at 6500 - you only got about 10 !

i'm a convert and will stay with the service until i can read it - the ftse- as well as he does. regards

Last edited: