Marex Spectron Pro Trader Development Program

I agree they aren't a bad company, but they don't make any profit from speculative trading or indirect trading activities at all any more so most prop fantasies are exactly that.

http://www.marexspectron.com/Portal..._SPECTRON_2012_Accounts_Published_version.pdf

Who are O and S? Trainers I guess? Neither the chairman or the ceo have that letter in their names. No director has O at all. Unless of course these people are associated with Amphitryon Limited where a little bit of transfer pricing goes on per note 26 to the accounts. Good old Jersey!

Oh, yes they do ! Defo. I know.

I made steady profits trading oil calender spreads and also profited trading the CGB/T-Note Spread through figures. I lost money trading the EuroStoxx and pretty much broke even on the S+P. Overrall I was up, most of my size was in oil.
[...]
Right now I'm continuing in my previous job as a professional gambler on the in-play sports markets. I'm determined to one day return to futures and give it a shot.

Why not fund a small account at a US FCM and just carry on with what you were doing at marex anyway... your RT costs might be higher but you'll not have desk fees/software fees to worry about... you don't *have* to use TT if you just need a ladder... software costs for things like CQG Trader or CTS T4 etc.. are lower and can be bundled in with commissions.
Did you use/need a spreader at marex or were you just using exchange traded spreads on ICE or legging in manually with that CGB/T-Note spread? As far as pointing and clicking on a ladder is concerned latency shouldn't be a huge issue - for your CGB/T-Note contract the difference between your home connection and theirs is likely insignificant when compared with the latency you both have to overcome in simply crossing the atlantic....

Might be worth trading at home for a while, keeping 100%, not having desk fees to worry about and then, you can always look at joining a different arcade later... once you've got some costs for comparison and a track record you'll likely be in a better position to decide if its worth it or not....

Why not fund a small account at a US FCM and just carry on with what you were doing at marex anyway... your RT costs might be higher but you'll not have desk fees/software fees to worry about... you don't *have* to use TT if you just need a ladder... software costs for things like CQG Trader or CTS T4 etc.. are lower and can be bundled in with commissions.
Did you use/need a spreader at marex or were you just using exchange traded spreads on ICE or legging in manually with that CGB/T-Note spread? As far as pointing and clicking on a ladder is concerned latency shouldn't be a huge issue - for your CGB/T-Note contract the difference between your home connection and theirs is likely insignificant when compared with the latency you both have to overcome in simply crossing the atlantic....

Might be worth trading at home for a while, keeping 100%, not having desk fees to worry about and then, you can always look at joining a different arcade later... once you've got some costs for comparison and a track record you'll likely be in a better position to decide if its worth it or not....

Whats the best FCM to start trading oil spreads with in your opinion? Also CGB/T-Note?

Cheers, really helpful post.