Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader_Dante,

By way of introduction to this forums, I've been spread-betting with mixed results over the past couple of years - those of you in the game for a while may even recognise my username! Alas,
I'm actually a dopper-ganger & not the actual saviour of spread-betting that the real Vince claims to be!!

First of all, thank you for all your help in this thread - it's an invaluble tool. Trading the trend using SMAs & stops of c300 points is something that no longer suits my lifestyle; your thread has given me added impetous to re-think my trading system & try something different.

As some have mentioned earlier, I'm actually in the process of compiling the best parts into a .doc document (I've completed it up to the 1st 90 pages) & with your permission, I'm happy to make it available to everyone in due course.

Finally, can I ask you a quick question? I've used Sharescope in recent years as my charting tools for shares & commodities; I'm starting to use MT4 for currencies as it's more suited to this pin-bar trading style of yours (I never really liked how Sharescope handles the timeframes of less than 1 day - but I was holding positions for a min of 2/3 days, so it wasn't an issue then for me).

However, where did you/can I find a version of MT4 that handles indices? I saw a screen-shot of the DOW Daily a couple of pages back that used MT4 & I'd like to start analysing the bigger cap indices
using a MT platform.

Again, thank you for all your help & happy trading.

VS (not the real one!)

===================================================================

"The trend is your friend - it's the whipsaws that are bogies..."

However, where did you/can I find a version of MT4 that handles indices? I saw a screen-shot of the DOW Daily a couple of pages back that used MT4 & I'd like to start analysing the bigger cap indices
using a MT platform.

Hi Vince,

1Pipped is right - I use North Finance.

I get quite a few PMs from people that have got the program but can't find the markets, so a quick tip: when you download and open it, you need to right click on the quote window and select SHOW ALL. This makes all the markets including many commmodities and indices available.

Tom

Long pinbar

9 am pin formed on mar fut Ftse , long pin bar

R became S @ 5629 about 50% pullback from hrs HH

top of pin is just inside open hours range and to trigger bit of R to overcome, fast rejection of gap open this morning which closed a previous (18th Jan) gap for about 3 mins :eek:

triggered 10:03

:LOL::LOL::LOL: just a bit

not for me but might be for you

:clover:

Last edited:

:clover:[/QUOTE]

Definitely not for me at this time - having closed everything yesterday, I will be sitting tight for a few weeks and :smart: before I even think of venturing back in

Stops gone = coast is clear

:clover:

Definitely not for me at this time - having closed everything yesterday, I will be sitting tight for a few weeks and :smart: before I even think of venturing back in[/QUOTE]

Hi Cavalry Trader

Entry should be right about now I think, depends how you look at things :eek:

Stops have been taken out on the Pin bar so the coast is clear :LOL::LOL:

Well - I am still interested to hear about these scalping exercises. I have just been going on what looks cheap/expensive relative to the day.

They dont scalp spreads though richie, and as far as im aware i dont know any equity scalpers who can deicde if the market is to expensive/cheap relative to the day so far (like you can in a lot of spread markets), even if you could you would need some DEEP pockets to absorb all the drawdown

They dont scalp spreads though richie, and as far as im aware i dont know any equity scalpers who can deicde if the market is to expensive/cheap relative to the day so far (like you can in a lot of spread markets), even if you could you would need some DEEP pockets to absorb all the drawdown
I don't mind if they scalp outrights. I'm just curious about spread techniques in general!

Anyone short the cable based on the 08:00am pinbar earlier today?

The pinbar in question was a swing high with a range of 43 pips.

This would have yielded about 45 pips per point based on t_d's entry, trade management & exit criteria.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Does anyone know where i can get support/resistance levels for the FTSE, (or any index futures) online - intraday or historical?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.