Magic Of 52

Now up around 20% from lows - I was a bit early but nailed it in the end.

Anyway, Yep right on the money andycan @ 2761 But .............. did you notice the way it regained 2600 with a spike low Wed.... classic !!!!

More magic from
HS

yep been watching it out of interest good call!!
BTW looked at GSK broken the sideways to the downside

Thanks and thants for your original analysis - you saved me a lot of worry and freed me to look for other opps. Hope you're trading well - any live trades on euro$ yet ?

Hook Shot

HS
no worries it was a pleasure, most importantly it helped
yes a few scalps quite a simple market which suits me just fine
nice and boring

UK Tech Stock

CSR or Cambridge Silicon Radio ~ 620ish !
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CSR.L&t=1y&l=off&z=m&q=b&c=

CSR was a previous wonderstock going from around 250p to 1500p in around 3yrs!
They're into wireless stuff ........ bluetooth etc that go into phones and headsets blah blah blah.
They were very sexy amongst the cognoscenti; instituitons, tech gurus.... even value house Motley Fool liked it....... at least someone there did........

The price got divorced from reality (imo) .... they warned on business conditions and as usually happens the shares have now crashed ............ !

So what ? Well ......investors never lose their appetite for a sexy story especially as we are still in a bull market and the price is far cheaper than it was. Wireless will not go away and some analyst will one day start pounding the table ..... telling is to get ready to the greatest comeback of all time.....

As a trader, I'm waiting...the price is battered to bits and could go lower BUT when the cavalry does return this baby will rise swiftly and become a trading stock once more.... IMHO

Will the magic work again this time ????

Patience!

Last edited:
Hook Shot said:
CSR or Cambridge Silicon Radio ~ 620ish !
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CSR.L&t=1y&l=off&z=m&q=b&c=

CSR was a previous wonderstock going from around 250p to 1500p in around 3yrs!
They're into wireless stuff ........ bluetooth etc that go into phones and headsets blah blah blah.
They were very sexy amongst the cognoscenti; instituitons, tech gurus.... even value house Motley Fool liked it....... at least someone there did........

The price got divorced from reality (imo) .... they warned on business conditions and as usually happens the shares have now crashed ............ !

So what ? Well ......investors never lose their appetite for a sexy story especially as we are still in a bull market and the price is far cheaper than it was. Wireless will not go away and some analyst will one day start pounding the table ..... telling is to get ready to the greatest comeback of all time.....

As a trader, I'm waiting...the price is battered to bits and could go lower BUT when the cavalry does return this baby will rise swiftly and become a trading stock once more.... IMHO

Will the magic work again this time ????

Patience!

CSR recently quoted at around 680 now.......
Is this the big comeback ? Early days in any case ...... worth watching

Hook Shot said:
Fuel Cell $6.72 has been on my watch list for a while and made 52L in last few days. It's sort of a sexy play on higher oil prices but now people are saying alternative energy should get more attention .......... due to midterms.

Anyway it looks like it wants to have a shot at the upside but its early days and $8 is still likely ceiling for now. Speculative - concept stock.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=fcel:US

Last seen at 735 Wed (up 10% in a week). But hopefully this is just the beginning !
Now we need to regain 700 and so need more rally then a test or a test soon.

Hook Shot said:
Conoco went from 5800 to 6330 this week
Phelps Dodge went from 8300 to 10145 this week - as they Doubled quarterly earnings

Bit disappointed with the progress of Conoco (so far) but the call on Phelps was pleasing.
Made money on both but jumped ship on Phelps a bit too early - bad management!

1- Often good things happen when big name companies make 52L - especially when markets are flying.

2- If possible try and discover what smart investors are doing in a seemingly dead stock. It sounds obvious but it's not easy to do as many smarties are anonymous. However, with quoted investment companies it's a little bit easier..... at least in UK.

UPDATE
Phelps Dodge taken out at $126 @ 50% premium to the price when mentioned- and no I left it a while back... The only TA? used was low price, then gap up ... backed by smart buying which I noticed accidentally.

UK Chip Stock

Wolfson Micro @276.5 close to 52w low
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=WLF.L&t=1y&l=off&z=m&q=b&c=

This is another chips stock which is down in the dumps and I must admit the chart looks horrible. But if the system works.... it will recover - but when ?

I've had some luck recently picking through the trash can but sooner or later one of the stocks will collapse ( before coming back later - hopefully) and this may cause some pain.

So once again I'm not giving any indication as to timing of the recovery just highlighting the potential for recovery. This is for the patient but it could take off this week or next month - I just don't know...... I do know when the lads are ready to climb on board it will be there for all to see.

Interestingly, perhaps, Goldman's have moved from 3% to 10% in the last 10d ........

Hook Shot

BP ......... coming to Daddy ?

BP The Big Oil Major ................ nobody wants......

BP hits 52Lows at 555p Friday 5th January 2007

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=bp/:LN

Looks like a job for The Stalker........ sooner or later this will turn up and probably before it reaches 500p. ;)

NB Possibly in 3rd drive down - but what do I know of such things... ?

Hook Shot said:
BP The Big Oil Major ................ nobody wants......

BP hits 52Lows at 555p Friday 5th January 2007

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=bp/:LN

Looks like a job for The Stalker........ sooner or later this will turn up and probably before it reaches 500p. ;)

NB Possibly in 3rd drive down - but what do I know of such things... ?

On the button HS.

The Independent has reported "Iraq's massive oil reserves, the third-largest in the world, are about to be thrown open for large-scale exploitation by Western oil companies under a controversial law which is expected to come before the Iraqi parliament within days. "

I heard that foreign companies will be able to keep 70% of their profits.

I think BP will rock soon and Shell will fall further after it's Russian venture.

UK Stock - Royal Bank

Royal Bank of Scotland makes new 52H around 2100p

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=Rbs:LN

Normally, I would put it on short watch and stalk it until it falls over ..... but this time I want to buy the pullback! Earnings are flying (for now) and yield is forecast to be around 4.5% at 2000p if/when it gets there...near term.

Many of the papers tipped it in their 2007 portfolios so I'm not the only one who has seen this.
Results are due in next few weeks so I expect there to be demand well into February.

Later on in year I think problems with corporate debt will be an issue but we'll worry about that later.. :cheesy:

Congratulations as IBM hits $100 and new 52H........ now can it hold on .?
If not it may put the dow into a spin...........! :LOL:

US - Golden bubble stock

DRD Gold (aka Durban Deep) DROOY @ 87.75cents !

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=drooy:US

As many of you will know this is a legendary gold stock which has had and continues to have isses of one sort or another. For now it's had to cease gold production in papua new guinea.. but I'll ignore that as a near term obstacle.

Whilst other famous golden penny stocks have had two or even three mega bull runs since gold bottomed earlier in decade..... Drooy has only had ONE.. when it move from sub $1 to almost $6 within a 6m period into Easter 2002. I was lucky to catch the $2 to $5 section :cheesy:

Anyway now its down in the dumps and so I mention it to the viewers... as it labours near 5yr+ lows. It could go BUST and has come close many times...... but someone is always on hand to bail it out....

If it doesn't go bust.... it will MULTIPLY your capital in addition to being a great trading stock.
Trend is down everything is against it ......... and and and... but if it gets it's act together...and gold takes another wave up .... it will be the stuff of legends.... once more. I saw a long term chart many years ago where it went up over almost 25 times in one bull market...late 70's but also it has had waves where it's doubled/tripled several times...

One to watch.... just in case...... despite it's many issues!

Recovery situation ??

Glaxo (GSK) nearing 1300p - almost 2yr lows !
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GSK.L&t=5d

May be out of favour but surefire winner for the stalkers - if you believe the theory...

Drugs aren't going away anytime soon and I believe this is just a blip mid term...
div yield over 3.5% too don't forget.......

Chart looks absolutely terrible but who cares ............ one to monitor... ?

Edit: Awful close just above 1300p following fall of 9% last week
Fantastic opp for a bounce into end of this week ? - for the short term traders

Last edited:
REVERSAL in Glaxo ..........

We seem to be sold out short term as we get big reversal off the 1269p lows and look set to close firmly positive after big gap down at the open....

Blackstone....

Friday 7 September
Blackstone (BX) makes all time lows* (not been public that long) at $21.30 and closing at $21.54

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=BX

We must remember during this decline that BX is one of the greatest money making machines on the planet... It will come through this and go on to multiply investors's capital.... You can bet the ranch on that.

For now it's just trying to find a level from which to recover wherever that is ...?

$19 would be half the all time high so worth watching initially...

Look at a chart of Goldman Sachs from the last 10yrs and you will see what is to come.

Hs