Macd Moving Average Crossovers

trendspotter

Is there any software which can do an end of day scan for uk shares which have caused MACD or moving average crossovers using user defined settings to produce a shortlist of shares falling into these categories. I presently use Synergy Portfolio Advantage which can't handle this request. Any ideas please?

Hi Trendspotter.
I use Sharescope for charts etc but find their data mining a little complicated.
for an initial scan I use Dave Baker's PFSCAN.
You can get a free months trail from the website and then if you like it you can pay then.(no money up front).
Well worth a look, and support is excellent.
Hope this helps.

Hi Trendspotter
The answer to your question is Yes.
Metastock EOD is ideal for this. It even has a built in exploration to do this.

You can write your own explorations very easily too.

Just to add to esiotrot's post, you can also export the data from ShareScope into Metastock which saves on having to change from ShareScope to another datafeed.

Errr ... no. It's so long since I did it that I would probably get it wrong. I don't have Metastock loaded on this PC, so I would find it very difficult to explain the process from memory!

Hopefully someone else can explain the process.

Hi Rog

If you look in sharescope forum Dave Baker (mentioned above) has written up what to do.
You need Downloader from equis. This is free though.
Any problems private mail me and I'll send you the details.

David.

fttrader
thanks for the prompt response - I'll look at the s/s bb & if I have probs I'll get in touch. It'll be a while though.

It's Ron btw - Rognvald=gaelic/norse for Ronald

Thanks for your responses. I have just downloaded and subscribed to Sharescope and find their Datamining to be very useful although a bit complicated at first!
I also bought Metastock EOD last year but didn't subscribe to a feed so it will be useful to be able to use the Sharescope data to link to Metastock! Thanks again

trendspotter said:
Is there any software which can do an end of day scan for uk shares which have caused MACD or moving average crossovers using user defined settings to produce a shortlist of shares falling into these categories. I presently use Synergy Portfolio Advantage which can't handle this request. Any ideas please?

Updata TA can do this. Its part of my daily scan. I usually add that the onbalance volume is increasing as well. The scan is incredibly powerful and no formulas have to be entered. Synergy? that's a blast from the past. Do they still exist?

I agree to use Metastock EOD it has a great scanner, and then from the downloader, tools, convert you can convert any xls or ascii file to metastock format. What data format is sharescope saving the files in and does it allow an expot function, to excel maybe?

I have now ditched Synergy and use Sharescope which is excellent value for money. It can also easily export data to Metastock EOD.

I now trade intraday mainly FTSE Futures and Dax and emini S&P
and trying to come up with an autotrading system in conjunction with IB to act on moving average crossovers as they occur but we're not quite there yet. Any input would be welcome on this topic!!

Hi,
Equis 'the downloader' is apparently only free now to Reuters datalink users - although I suspect you could sign up, get the prog, sign off if you were so disposed! Many a shareware program out there uses Metalib.dll to convert text to MS format, as a 'proper' Metastock SDK user I avoid this - don't want to get Equis mad at me - but it's another option for the terminally stuck.
MACD can (just about) be coded in Sharescope datamining, I posted how to do it on the datamining forum about this time 2002... you just set a couple of EMA filters up - a bit messy, but cheap!
Dave

trendspotter said:
Thanks for your responses. I have just downloaded and subscribed to Sharescope and find their Data mining to be very useful although a bit complicated at first!
I also bought Metastock EOD last year but didn't subscribe to a feed so it will be useful to be able to use the Sharescope data to link to Metastock! Thanks again

You can't link the data but you can export data to MS quite easily...Sharescope is a breath of fresh air in a world of all TA programmes that force people to ue their data, support and programme updates via monthly charge...and not allow you to export data...!!!!!

I don't want to mention the buggers but you know these culprits...

regards

ilia king said:
I agree to use Metastock EOD it has a great scanner, and then from the downloader, tools, convert you can convert any xls or ascii file to metastock format. What data format is sharescope saving the files in and does it allow an expot function, to excel maybe?

Yes the MS scanner is very good and fast...faster than many packages that I have used...

With many formulaes that are avilable for free on web it makes it the best package to achieve the scanning parameters that you want to use....

regards

I agree. I can import any data I want in to Updata including metastock and export it from updata to another programme I have. That's the way it should be.

That's quite right, Gruntnoway!

Like ladies dresses, it comes in all sizes and all colours these days ! :D

Perhaps, we should have a scanner writing competition in the TA package of our choice?

Cheers

Mayfly

Mayfly said:
That's quite right, Gruntnoway!

Like ladies dresses, it comes in all sizes and all colours these days ! :D

Perhaps, we should have a scanner writing competition in the TA package of our choice?

Cheers

Mayfly

How about I want to know all securities in FTSE 350 that are within price range of 100 - 250 that have Aroon Up (14) at count 70 or more,...Aroon Down (14) at count 30 or less, Moving average of weighted index of 9 period of CMO(14) is lower than CMO(14), Close is higher than MA (200) and MA (21)...ADXR (14) is higher than 25, Minus Directional Indicator (-DI - 14) is less than Positive Directional Indicator (+DI -14)....

This is just one parameter I call Trend 1 (of 5 in total) that comes to mind......!!!