Macd Moving Average Crossovers

GruntnoWay said:
I agree. I can import any data I want in to Updata including metastock and export it from updata to another programme I have. That's the way it should be.

Do Updata allow data export facility....????

Last edited:
zambuck said:

How about I want to know all securities in FTSE 350 that are within price range of 100 - 250 that have Aroon Up (14) at count 70 or more,...Aroon Down (14) at count 30 or less, Moving average of weighted index of 9 period of CMO(14) is lower than CMO(14), Close is higher than MA (200) and MA (21)...ADXR (14) is higher than 25, Minus Directional Indicator (-DI - 14) is less than Positive Directional Indicator (+DI -14)....

This is just one parameter I call Trend 1 (of 5 in total) that comes to mind......!!!

Yes, I can do that easily except for aroon. Don't know what that is.

I am aware of the triangle....I was one of the first few people to buy the package before their event at Wembley.....!!

The reason I asked was because I was told that I could NOT export the data from Updata because of the arrangement with Updata's data supplier that prevented the Updata to allow the users to export the data...I think that was posted to their web site – I have no access to that now….

What you are saying now is that that it is possible to EXPORT the data...however as you know they allow users only to access their to their web site (even if you own a version of their software you are not allowed unless you subscribe to their facility..!!!) I had no confirmation of that fact had been reversed and hence my question……

Having said that I will not be going back to using their package....personal choice...!!!!

GruntnoWay said:

Yes, I can do that easily except for aroon. Don't know what that is.

I think you may need to read the book by Tushar Chande and Stanley Kroll for that,....

CMO is part of that as well....

Hi Zambuck,

The data export issue has come and gone – “we” had this out on the Updata BB last year – but the salient point is that users can now export data via the message centre (“the triangle”) for any exchange that they subscribe to. Users can therefore export data for all time frames for subscribed exchanges – hence, my comment about ladies dresses being available in all sizes and in all colours, which Gruntnoway has already mentioned!

I have to say that I didn’t really understand why Updata removed this facility at the time they did so, but my point is that it’s now been re-instated and this has been the case for some time.

Turning to the scanners: Updata doesn’t support Chande indicator(s) (as I’m sure you know) and so I have to confess that I wouldn’t be able to “do” COM and I suppose that applies to Aroon too? Perhaps, we’ll have to make do with some proxy indicator or indicators that are available in both software packages – it seems that either RSI or Stochastics would be acceptable substitutes?

No problem with Directional Movement - Wilder at his brilliant best! But what about some patterns? :)

As an aside, TA is rock solid and very fast! :D

Cheers

Mayfly

PS - sorry, I missed your last post about Chande

z
Try looking at
http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/master/index.htm
I think you will find all u need in scans and if not it can be either self programmed or customed for a fee
it has an excellent selection of feeds - I needed futures which was mainly why I left UD as no promise of US or Europe futures.

Rognvald

Thanks for the link of site...very good indeed...have added it to the favourites...

Mayfly

Good to see that TA is now rock solid and fast....Many played their part for that and that includes users like us who suffered with the initial releases......

TA may not support Chade indicators but it is important to be able to create ANY indicators if one has seen or read about it....MS gives you that facility...

I have created many indicators using the formula language available with MS.....I may not use it but at least I can create it and test it......

I have got another plug in package that recognises the chart patterns...but I have got wary of pattern recognition as sometimes there is nothing to see....I know TA has some form of pattern recognition...but I now don't use it to select stocks...

I run explorations and from the shortlist I review the charts and see if anything interests me otherwise I move on...

However on P & F charting the patterns are perhaps very important...although I can't do log charts on MS I can run box explorations very easily...and so far it has proved reasonable accurate...

As I still use Indexia (i Share data with MS) I am quite happy with the combination of MS and Indexia...

Any package can run explorations - faster or slower - how much money you make using a package that counts...MS has helped me more than I had expected of it..

regards