Luck and Hope

Rambo35

227 6
A lot of new traders tend to rely on luck and hope when they trade rather than discipline and patience. Luck and hope have no place in a successful trading plan if your aim is to generate profits on a consistent base. The sooner a new trader understands that placing a trade based on hope that it will move in the desired direction hoping to get lucky is a great strategy to move a portfolio in the opposite direction, the sooner a trader can start to develop the correct skill set.

In theory it does not sound much, but as statistics show 98% of all traders will fail at trading which speaks volumes. A lot of traders tend to subscribe to the wrong trading approach or fail to understand and implement a good trading approach.

NVP

Legendary member
37,584 2,008
A lot of new traders tend to rely on luck and hope when they trade rather than discipline and patience. Luck and hope have no place in a successful trading plan if your aim is to generate profits on a consistent base. The sooner a new trader understands that placing a trade based on hope that it will move in the desired direction hoping to get lucky is a great strategy to move a portfolio in the opposite direction, the sooner a trader can start to develop the correct skill set.

In theory it does not sound much, but as statistics show 98% of all traders will fail at trading which speaks volumes. A lot of traders tend to subscribe to the wrong trading approach or fail to understand and implement a good trading approach.

Eggs, Grandma, suck , teach

place into a sentence ;)
N

Reactions: cablemonster

Rambo35

227 6
How do you know this to be the case ?

New traders I have come across in real life and forums. They hold on to loosing trades hoping for a turnaround, they place trades hoping to get lucky. The high failure rate confirms this as well. I understand that there are hundreds of millions of traders and I based my assumption on maybe 100 traders, but if the consumer confidence data can offer a snap shot for over 300 million Americans based on a few hundred respondents and traders think it is a valid snap shot I took the liberty to do something similar.

I could be wrong about this, and I simply write about my experiences with traders I have met and talked to.

NVP

Legendary member
37,584 2,008
New traders I have come across in real life and forums. They hold on to loosing trades hoping for a turnaround, they place trades hoping to get lucky. The high failure rate confirms this as well. I understand that there are hundreds of millions of traders and I based my assumption on maybe 100 traders, but if the consumer confidence data can offer a snap shot for over 300 million Americans based on a few hundred respondents and traders think it is a valid snap shot I took the liberty to do something similar.

I could be wrong about this, and I simply write about my experiences with traders I have met and talked to.

thats the problems with assumptions buddy .....they can get you into a lot of trouble .......:cool:

Rambo35

227 6
thats the problems with assumptions buddy .....they can get you into a lot of trouble .......:cool:

That is true, but in this case from what I know I think that is the case. I mean the majority does fail as traders and there are many factors. Are you telling me that you have never met a trader who moved their stop loss after a trade moved against them hoping it will turn around?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock