Lowest Latency ISP

Hi all,

I have an issue with BT at the moment. I've been trying to get automated trading up and running using IB in the US. I'm experiencing greater than expected latency and i'v tracked it down to the number of Hops between me and the IB server - usually around 27,28 - my network guru in work says it should only be around 15 at most. 19 to get out of the UK!!!!!
Running tracert gw1.ibllc.com

Has anybody else had an issue like this and does anyone know an ISP with low latency/hops.

Thanks

I use Plusnet. Just got 15 hops and average ping of 120ms.
However Plusnet has some business connection with BT, not sure what or whether that is a help or a hindrance.
I pay Plusnet extra to keep my bandwidth up at busy times. Monthly download limit and fee can be altered on-line to suit your needs.
Glenn

I use Plusnet. Just got 15 hops and average ping of 120ms.
However Plusnet has some business connection with BT, not sure what or whether that is a help or a hindrance.
I pay Plusnet extra to keep my bandwidth up at busy times. Monthly download limit and fee can be altered on-line to suit your needs.
Glenn

Thanks Glenn, PlusNet was one of those on my radar. Hops is certainly much better but ping is only marginally - mine is around 135ms