Lost Windows XP Theme

ashwoka

Does anyone know where I can get my XP theme back from my PC.
I changed to the Classic view ages ago and decided I wanted to go back to the XP Theme but the theme has completely gone from my computer.
I have looked on the web for the XP Thene but cant find it, thought I would have no trouble finding it.
I do not have original CD's for the PC to load stuff from.
Any suggestions would be great as giving up trying to find a solution.
Cheers

how do you mean, it's completely gone? As in, it's no longer available in the appearance menu, or as in you can't find how to get it back?

No longer in any menu.......when you go to display properties its not there at all.
Control Panel,Display,Themes......Not there at all.
Have changed the other properties in the Display Panel like the Apperance but nothing.

If you haven't got the XP disc then I'm a bit of a loss. Otherwise, try something like WindowBlinds or ThemeXP (google). Otherwise you might find something at wincustomize.com (but you'll need Windowblinds for that).

actually as an afterthought if you've done that changes recently then you might try a system restore to bring back the windows settings?

No longer in any menu.......when you go to display properties its not there at all.
Control Panel,Display,Themes......Not there at all.
Have changed the other properties in the Display Panel like the Apperance but nothing.

Right click on the start button and select properties from the menu, on the Taskbar and Start Menu screen that appears select "Start Menu" from the two options, as opposed to "Classic Start Menu" and see if that solves your mystery. I think that also changes what is available in themes.

Thanks rossored,roguetrader.
Have tried all of that and them some.

Looks like I have lost it altogether. Trouble is I always play around and change things on the PC.
Just wondering, I have another PC with windows Home (this one is XP PRO), do you think its possible to transfer the theme files over?

Its alot of hassle as that PC has no Graphics card.......its in this one. Took it out just a few weeks ago. Dam!!
I reckon its a 70% chance of success, did not think of that before.
If I manage to do it will let you know.
Cheers for replys

All i have in there is a theme called Luna and a folder called Luna and windows classic file. Folders called Homestead, Metalic and Normal colour.
If anyone has the windows XP Theme and is possible to copy them, then by all means throw it over.

Thats all thats in there, bit suprised really.

Lol that's all there's supposed to be.

Double click the folder called Luna and then doble click luna.msstyles

that will move you from windows classic, Luna is the XP style and there never were many variants of it

Cheers for that.

Clicked on the file and said cant do it because I had stoped the themes service (My fault for playing around).
Started the theme service and went to properties and the theme was there.
All running fine now so thankyou very much. Spent a good few hours trying to do it and saved alot more time on it.
When my system was very slow I read on a site that says what you can shut down, stuff running in the background, Thems was one of them.
I have learnt a little bit more about PC's now.

Thanks for your help roguetrader, and rossored.

Well............ thats the end of this Thread then.