Lord Flashearts Rogue Traders and Watchdog Thread

With glazing windows, you get something for your money.
The many con men I can think of are the ones that advertise "Turn $1,024 into $1 million in 3 months." There you get a hype, a book to read, that was written by losers who do not know how to trade themselves.
In other words, I can afford to pay for beautiful glazed wondows that cost $55,000, but I cannot afford to pay $89 for a bunch of garbage.
The thing is, and that considered it appeals to people's laziness, a lot of suckers will pay that $89, thinking they will actually convert their $1,024 into $1 million, after reading the garbage.

I’m not for one minute implying that we should let people get ripped off. The vendor side is part of the business of this website.

I’m saying let the public choose. I too detest those who prey on the “ignorant”, and that is not harsh, as we all start form a point of ignorance, it is how we move forward that decides what we achieve and how far we get in our mission.

But if everyone were to stop and think about it, there will be no con men because there wouldn’t be anyone to con.

Im afraid there is no substitute for taking responsibility for yourself, because no one else will no matter how hard you or I may try.

I look at the “victims” because they are easy to read, these are the participants in the market you and I are up against. They all share the same components, and the majority will never ever change.

If a door to door salesman comes to you and tries to sell his super duper double glazing windows, it is most likely (looking at your previous posts) you would say no thank you and shut the door, maybe even forgo the thank you part. No matter how good he tells you how good his glass is.

This is because you know what you need.

Trust me, no one will ever be grateful if you try to help or warn them away. Because its not what they want to hear.

The mug never understands the conman.

A good conman will not come onto T2W and say, "Hey listen folks, i've got a system for sale".

This type of post is to get a reaction, it's a p!ss take.

The conman will take his time, he will befriend the mug, and sympathise with the mug, he will agree with the mug on many points.

The mug is helpless. This is because the mug is generally a witless dullard with only a sheltered life to rely on.

It's a game, a game based on nothing but your own understanding, it's not a team game and nobody is really on your side.....unless there is a kickback.

Why would a good trader bother to rip people off?

Because it's easy, it comes natural to the conman.

The mug thinks that everything is a chore.

Do your own homework folks, and don't get ripped off.

Simples, innit.

Hey LordF, you got one hot thread here 6 days and already 304 posts into it.
Anyway, someone was asking about exposing the names of scummers (Did I mean sammers?) on this site. Here's one--Hustlerscreed. He has no command of English, has no idea how to trade, claims he lives in California but his profile says UK, has this deal with Skype where he is trying to scam newbies ot of their money. That's his whole agenda.

The mug never understands the conman.

A good conman will not come onto T2W and say, "Hey listen folks, i've got a system for sale".

This type of post is to get a reaction, it's a p!ss take.

The conman will take his time, he will befriend the mug, and sympathise with the mug, he will agree with the mug on many points.

The mug is helpless. This is because the mug is generally a witless dullard with only a sheltered life to rely on.

It's a game, a game based on nothing but your own understanding, it's not a team game and nobody is really on your side.....unless there is a kickback.

Why would a good trader bother to rip people off?

Because it's easy, it comes natural to the conman.

The mug thinks that everything is a chore.

Do your own homework folks, and don't get ripped off.

Simples, innit.

Here are my thoughts:

- pedophiles - should not be allowed here
- drug dealers should not be allowed here
- people that steal credit cards should not be allowed here
- people that sell services based on fraudulent claims should not be allowed here

Or perhaps some fraud is OK.

The problem comes from the way most people approach anything in life, not just in terms of trading. For example we get our minds poisoned from the beginning of any endeavour by looking around the World Wide Web as the first port of call for information. This is great for the very very few who are able to dissect what they need, but it is very dangerous for the majority.

Its human nature to want to do the minimal to get by. Most vendors know this, which makes their prey easy pickings! Everyone wants to compare to the next person instead of going out on their own.

A great example I see is on other threads on this board, such as what returns are possible to make? What does it matter what Joe Blogs makes, are you going to be satisfied if you make (or lose) the same as him? What if you should be making 10 times what he/she does, will you still feel good about yourself? Not only that but the thread then gets aggressive because someone states that they can make more than 2% a week. Where do these figures come from in the first place?

All traders must find their own way and not listen to anyone. Paul (trader333) pointed out in his post earlier that it appears to be human nature to believe what you want to believe no matter who warns you otherwise. This is so true, what ever anyone says to them won’t have any affect. People want instant success and they don’t like hearing the reality. So let them be, it’s the only way to truly evolve. After all, no one wants to hear it will take on average 3 years to consistently break even (unless you are the exception, and what makes you think you will be that exception), especially when system sellers tell you of the instant riches available next week.

There are very few traders worth listening to, and if you are diligent you will know who they are, because you are working things out for yourself. You need to know what you need, not what you want. Once this has been established the vendor issue will no longer be an issue. Not that it ever is for those who are on the right path.

The best threads are overlooked on this board; this can be seen by the amount of participation. For example, there are established members giving their opinions about the validity of projecting the market and newbies will look to them for guidance. But they are only “established members” giving their opinion, but it is not based on reality. If one is a scalper trading of news announcements then that is where their edge lies, but don’t ask these members about other ways of trading as they are not developed in these other areas.

There has been so many posts that are just pointless, and not worth participating in. Yes protect the newbies and oldies (because time doesn’t make one wiser only more stubborn), but ultimately they will do what they want regardless.

Bottom line is trading is one of the most independent businesses in the world, yet so many want to get the opinion of others, before they make their own minds up. It’s all done the wrong way round. Firstly, you should make your OWN mind up, then see what others are saying. You need to know what you know first, that is your foundation.

A scientist starts from scratch, they don’t pick up half way though another scientist experiment, why should trading be any different, after all it’s the experiment part that is fun.

Let people do what they want, some will evolve and some will fall by the waste side, that is life. I think the fact that the vendor issue bothers you (active participants of the thread) suggests that there is still some evolving to do on your behalf. We are not talking about innocent children her, but grown up adults, if they can’t see the wood through the trees now, they never will !!!

It is the responsibility of the individual as to what action he/she takes. Vendors don’t put a gun to someone’s head, we are all free to choose to participate or not, its just a trade like anything else.

Choose wisely.

But its stuff like this what p1sses me off. A join date of October 2009 an then all
of a sudden 2 posts on the subject of vendors. 1 against us so called naysayers and 1 feeble attempt to say you are against them.

And you who repped him should have your b8lls whacked.

How many nicks are set up over the years to use many years later.

Fookin Loads thats what :mad::mad::mad::mad:

If they took all the nicks off here that are never used within the last 6 moths you'd be lucky
if there were 15'000 people looking in here and a reduction ion paying advertisers.

Last edited:
But its stuff like this what p1sses me off. A join date of October 2009 an then all
of a sudden 2 posts on the subject of vendors. 1 against us so called naysayers and 1 feeble attempt to say you are against them.

If they took all the nicks off here that are never used within the last 6 moths you'd be lucky
if there were 15'000 people looking in here and a reduction ion paying advertisers.

You have 2 problems here gedward

In the above case, it is OBVIOUS we have someone with an agenda.
It is also OBVIOUS that the admin are a bit naive and can't see such things...

You'd think the fact that the last scam on here took money off the smart people running the board would invoke a little behaviour modification.

Last edited:

Good points, in both cases. 200,000 odd members certainly doesn't equate to 200,000 active posters. Be interested to see what the stats are like. Not that number of posts equates to quality at all, but yes I'm sure there are 'sleeper nicks' created to use a while later. Some don't post at all, some post really crappy inane stuff over and over again so they build up a post count.

Unfortunately there's not a lot T2W management could do about the latter. Agree though that the former camp could pretty easily be weeded out by de-activating (in some form) accounts after 6m or thereabouts.

But as you rightly point out, that sort of strategy isn't necessarily, ahem, 'aligned' with T2W's commercial interests. Not that I necessarily doubt Sharky's intentions vis a vis improving the quality of the site, but it is a commercial venture nowadays and he's a lot of things our Sharky but not an idiot. Pruning would be a tad self defeating frm his point of view.

Of course the great thing about the largely unregulated meritocracy that is the internet is that there's nothing stopping someone from creating their own forum if they please. I did flirt with the idea a couple of years back but to be honest I'd probably go far too far the other way and it would just end up being like 10 of us in there. So I didn't.

GJ

Pardon me, but how does the amount of posts have anything to do with the validity of my comment:?::?::?:

If you actually read what I said you would see that I am observing the general public who come and get involved in this industry (and any other come to think of it) from a point of ignorance.

I, in no way recommend vendors or system sellers, and never will because you must experience the pain/pleasure for yourself. No one can do it for you.

The bottom line to my post before was that YOU are in charge of your destiny, not a set of system rules or a signal service. If people had the correct mentality in the first place, there would be no reason for a thread like this.

Life could be one big con (we dont know whats on the other side)!

You need to know what you need and go and get it, or at least try.

Why does anyone think you can buy the answers?

BTW, Im not posting for rep points, but maybe someone actually sees something as a truism in my post and knows where Im coming from?

Attachments

• wasp.jpg
    wasp.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 407
DT, I agree with that first comment. I see someone who you know is nothing but a scam, and my nature says it is time to roll up the sleeves, and turn the lion in me loose. Even though, people should make their own decisions, scammers prey on people being gullible enough to take them for real.
People should be disciplined and discerning enough to see through some things, but that still does not take away the fact many have been duped, because the scammers are still making some money. I was even taken for a ride on $99 back in 2004. I learned my lesson quickly.
In defense of the admin (Don't accuse me of kissing up--lol.), there is still a point you have to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I would not want to see someone convicted unless the full bill of goods could be laid at their doorstep. I made a post on this thread concerning Hustlerscreed, who is nothing but a con. I got the bill of goods on him. I'd like to see him run out. Even though I have posed certainty concerning his disposition, I could not expect admin to see the same, but hopefully, over a period of time they will.

You have 2 problems here gedward

In the above case, it is OBVIOUS we have someone with an agenda.
It is also OBVIOUS that the admin are a bit naive and can't see such things...

You'd think the fact that the last scam on here took money off the smart people running the board would invoke a little behaviour modification.

anyway i actually popped in to say one thing, to share my great epiphany.

i am a member of the ferrari owners club, aswell as the evo owners club. These forums are packed with owners and enthusiasts who share endless technical facts about the cars. It is a great place to be.

Now the thing is, on these forums, they are all owners of said cars. They are not full of people who WISHED they owned those cars, wannabes. Do you get where im going with this? What we have here is a forum full of WANABES who WISHED they could trade. You dont have the "i wish i had a ferrari owners club" but this is most certainly the "i wish i could trade club".

Thankyou, you have been to kind.

What bugs me is that in all these pages mainly two posters have been held under the microscope for inspection..and its a lose - lose scenario for both if they come on to defend themselves....thing is that their postings have easily been among the best stuff on the forum which should be clear to most reasonable / unbiased readers....

Even more annoying is that other well known vendors have not been called out to prove themselves, those with past links to certain contributers on this thread perhaps......