Lord Anton Kreil

I bought the course, took the test, and am trading in the program. Definitely one of the best investments I've ever made.

congrats

Congrats its not a walk in the park eh? it is only for the serious players and a great starting point for the novice looking for an overview . i would of enjoyed trading in the institute however this has been spoilt by somebody offering the program for sale on ebay, i could not resist it at the price it was offered for! i guess i am not a valid customer and will not be invited to the institute without parting with money. never mind. maybe i will buy my way in oneday if the opportunity arises i never say neve
r

I took the PTM course myself and I have learned a lot of usefull stuff. The course gave me a better understanding of the market and provides you with nice ways of generating trade ideas. Before I took the course however, all I knew about was simple technical analysis and good risk management.

So I would defenitely recommend this course to beginning traders, but if you already know a lot about the market, macroeconomics and portfolio management, then it might be less valuable for you.

Also, it's pretty hard to get in touch with them if you have any questions. And usually if you have a few questions about the stuff that's being discussed in the videos, you will have to pay a bit extra to schedule a phonecall to get your questions answered.

I once sent them an email asking about how I would be able to map out the value chains of the sectors, which they discussed in one of the videos. I was told that this was more of a question for the mentoring program, which would cost me too much. I was wondering if anyone on here took the course and might be able to tell me where I can find the right information to do this.

So I would recommend this course to beginning traders that are looking to gain a lot of knowledge in a relatively short time. But don't expect to get all your questions answered about the course if ou have any.

I took the PTM course myself and I have learned a lot of usefull stuff. The course gave me a better understanding of the market and provides you with nice ways of generating trade ideas. Before I took the course however, all I knew about was simple technical analysis and good risk management.

So I would defenitely recommend this course to beginning traders, but if you already know a lot about the market, macroeconomics and portfolio management, then it might be less valuable for you.

Also, it's pretty hard to get in touch with them if you have any questions. And usually if you have a few questions about the stuff that's being discussed in the videos, you will have to pay a bit extra to schedule a phonecall to get your questions answered.

I once sent them an email asking about how I would be able to map out the value chains of the sectors, which they discussed in one of the videos. I was told that this was more of a question for the mentoring program, which would cost me too much. I was wondering if anyone on here took the course and might be able to tell me where I can find the right information to do this.

THATS SHOCKING - EXTRA FOR QUESTIONS (n)

RE value chain it literally is doing it manually m8 you just collect them over time and then you end up just knowing what each company does and where they slot in on the value chain .

thats the way i see it anyway

Anton, great trader when he's got a few hundred million to play with at Goldmans and only has to return 7-8% in a year.

Give him £50k and a retail account and go tell him to make a living. Totally different ball game!

Anton got into Goldman via flipping IPOs during the tech boom, so he made it via retail.

The PTM is good if you are relatively new to trading, it gives you a trading process and structure that help you to make money in the markets. Is the information available free via some intense Googling? Probably, but the most important commodity is time and this saves you a lot of that imo, well worth the money in my case. It also depends on whether you consider $3,000 a lot of money (30% cheaper with discount seminar code), I think it has saved me years of messing around; but that is my view.

For anyone thinking of taking the courses and wondering which to start with, I would go with Forex first if you are definitely going to take both - it is the most recent and thus more polished in terms of content (although somewhat repetitive, which is the problem of creating courses aimed at a large population). If you are only taking one, take the PTM as the amount of opportunities available to you in the stock world far out-number the Forex world.

Is Anton's 'online character' a bit much? Yes, the guy comes across as a bit of a c*** on Twitter if we are being open and honest, he comes across well enough 'in real life'. What he teaches is the so called professional approach, as a result it is not a picnic - it is hard work, prepare for that.

I have only posted twice here before, in 2012 when I was a bit of a rookie who was looking at systematic trading - 100% not aligned with my personality. I have not had to post in trading forums at all since doing the PTM, mainly because I have learnt everything I needed to via the PTM. Ironically my father signed me up to the PTM, ironic because he has been looking for 'the answer' for years - fortunately for me I did the entire course taking diligent notes.

So yeah, if you are going round in circles trading wise and want to learn a solid approach and framework; do the PTM. I very much doubt you will regret it.

---

Few answers to questions I saw reading through a few pages;

- In regard to day trading - I think Anton's main gripe is the 'charlatan' trading educators who charge $1000s for a few videos teaching candlestick patterns, not so much those day trading themselves. A lot of his marketing material challenges those guys, as well as brokers who promote such teachings - although he also goes too far at times I guess.

He is in effect marketing himself as being on 'our side', which appears in my experience to be true. But remember this is his business, he is also in it for profit; the key thing to remember in my opinion is his objectives are in line with yours - to make those who take his course better traders.

- There is no commission paid to the Institute from what I understand, and by understand I mean having seen the broker contracts (when you sign up via IB you can check all this). He also shows you the brokerage contracts at the seminars he gives. I will not get into an Institute vs LvD discussion, it does not take a genius to work out their offerings are very similar. At least now - previously the Institute made LvD look pedestrian, but recent video additions have improved their course (and guess what, those additional videos at LvD were produced by a PTM graduate!)

- I know of many individuals who have done the PTM, all of them are profitable to my knowledge and I have no reason to believe anyone who has followed Antton's approach properly would have gone totally broke without doing something stupid. I am in a few groups with fellow PTM guys, everyone brings solid ideas to the table that make money. I am not saying this to talk us up, just that it is doable and to allay any fears those who are thinking of pulling the trigger may have.

- To the chap who queried why there are no PTM traders who come on here and talk about the course; if you do an intelligent search round Twitter, you will find many individuals who took PTM and post trading ideas/share information; they are plentiful. Perhaps the question should be the other way round, I would be more concerned if a lot of 'PTM graduates' were posting on here :--). Also check the RVTV 'tie-in', you will find many PTM types on Twitter talking to Raoul and the like; although RVTV is a little ZeroHedge for my liking, it is still a useful resource.

---

If anyone has any questions I would be willing to answer them, I have answered so many before I can just copy/paste my previous replies :--)

Thank you. I was looking for detailed info from those that have taken both courses, and it's not like I've been making losses trading, but I'm very much in line trading the Forex market for the past 5 years. All I needed to know is whether I can add value to my trading approach. Only about 10% (or less) of my trades are technical, 90% are fundamentals.

why is everyone here recently on just on 1 post count

so joining T2win and then immediately recommending the courses ............seriously ??? ...:cool:;)

Hi sorry, but i'm trying to read the post and i'm lost by some of your acronyms

what is PTM ? LvD and RVTV?

Thanks

:D

CT :cheesy:

Anton got into Goldman via flipping IPOs during the tech boom, so he made it via retail.

The PTM is good if you are relatively new to trading, it gives you a trading process and structure that help you to make money in the markets. Is the information available free via some intense Googling? Probably, but the most important commodity is time and this saves you a lot of that imo, well worth the money in my case. It also depends on whether you consider $3,000 a lot of money (30% cheaper with discount seminar code), I think it has saved me years of messing around; but that is my view.

For anyone thinking of taking the courses and wondering which to start with, I would go with Forex first if you are definitely going to take both - it is the most recent and thus more polished in terms of content (although somewhat repetitive, which is the problem of creating courses aimed at a large population). If you are only taking one, take the PTM as the amount of opportunities available to you in the stock world far out-number the Forex world.

Is Anton's 'online character' a bit much? Yes, the guy comes across as a bit of a c*** on Twitter if we are being open and honest, he comes across well enough 'in real life'. What he teaches is the so called professional approach, as a result it is not a picnic - it is hard work, prepare for that.

I have only posted twice here before, in 2012 when I was a bit of a rookie who was looking at systematic trading - 100% not aligned with my personality. I have not had to post in trading forums at all since doing the PTM, mainly because I have learnt everything I needed to via the PTM. Ironically my father signed me up to the PTM, ironic because he has been looking for 'the answer' for years - fortunately for me I did the entire course taking diligent notes.

So yeah, if you are going round in circles trading wise and want to learn a solid approach and framework; do the PTM. I very much doubt you will regret it.

---

Few answers to questions I saw reading through a few pages;

- In regard to day trading - I think Anton's main gripe is the 'charlatan' trading educators who charge $1000s for a few videos teaching candlestick patterns, not so much those day trading themselves. A lot of his marketing material challenges those guys, as well as brokers who promote such teachings - although he also goes too far at times I guess.

He is in effect marketing himself as being on 'our side', which appears in my experience to be true. But remember this is his business, he is also in it for profit; the key thing to remember in my opinion is his objectives are in line with yours - to make those who take his course better traders.

- There is no commission paid to the Institute from what I understand, and by understand I mean having seen the broker contracts (when you sign up via IB you can check all this). He also shows you the brokerage contracts at the seminars he gives. I will not get into an Institute vs LvD discussion, it does not take a genius to work out their offerings are very similar. At least now - previously the Institute made LvD look pedestrian, but recent video additions have improved their course (and guess what, those additional videos at LvD were produced by a PTM graduate!)

- I know of many individuals who have done the PTM, all of them are profitable to my knowledge and I have no reason to believe anyone who has followed Antton's approach properly would have gone totally broke without doing something stupid. I am in a few groups with fellow PTM guys, everyone brings solid ideas to the table that make money. I am not saying this to talk us up, just that it is doable and to allay any fears those who are thinking of pulling the trigger may have.

- To the chap who queried why there are no PTM traders who come on here and talk about the course; if you do an intelligent search round Twitter, you will find many individuals who took PTM and post trading ideas/share information; they are plentiful. Perhaps the question should be the other way round, I would be more concerned if a lot of 'PTM graduates' were posting on here :--). Also check the RVTV 'tie-in', you will find many PTM types on Twitter talking to Raoul and the like; although RVTV is a little ZeroHedge for my liking, it is still a useful resource.

---

If anyone has any questions I would be willing to answer them, I have answered so many before I can just copy/paste my previous replies :--)

PTM - Professional Trading Masterclass, the name of the Institute's first video series.

LvD - Lex van Dam, he was also on Million Dollar Trades and also now has a Trading Academy, I saw some posts earlier asking which was better. He was also at Goldman Sachs when Anton was there I believe, Lex also runs his own Hedge Fund.

RVTV - Real Vision TV, an on-line video demand Financial TV service, founded by Raoul Pal who used to work for GS, GLG and a few others. He was also on Million Dollar Traders briefly, as someone who helped trained the 'contestants'.

I mention who they worked for before as I think that lends weight personally, if you have worked in the Hedge Fund/IB in that sort of role (trader, portfolio management etc.), it makes sense that you would know what you are talking about. Just my view.

---

I get nothing out of recommending PTM, just seen a lot of questions asked and thought I would try to help :--)

I write my own blog here, some of what I write about is taught on the course (a lot of the econ indicators for example). I do not sell anything or recommend anyone follow me, I just use it as a record of my own thoughts at various times; but perhaps if you have a read you might come to some conclusions as to whether the course might be worth doing.

Just to re-iterate though, the PTM and Institute are targeted at the Uni level in my opinion; lots of people who either want to or had studied Masters in Finance programmes (I actually started at LSE part-time before deciding against the £33k fees).

I did not find it overly difficult to understand or learn (you re-watch videos and Google is always there to help), genuinely believe anyone could learn the material given time; but I want to make it clear that it is hard work, you are looking at 30 hours+ each video series and the hard work obviously starts after you finish. If this is what you are looking for and you are interested in longer-term trading/investing, I personally do not believe you can go far wrong.

Hi
Thanks for the answers...
How much of the course and strategy is using options?

If anyone has the ITPM and is willing to share it - I'd be happy to swap it with another course. Private message me if interested.

Wouldn't it be illegal to do that? Maybe he can sue the person

hmm.. yeah true.. but i'm sure he's too busy trading and managing is fund and managing his tutors to care :smart:

I'm sure it's just him blabbing on about crap repetitive anyway

Then can youtell me how are you supose to trade the ISM?I can find out the data for last year but not for the rest of the years.Do i have to have the past 30 years and calculate how much has it moved from the avrage?

ISM vs GDP is this the ism index divided by the value of the GDP?
ISM vs SP 500 is this the ism index value divided by the the SP500?