Lord Anton Kreil

I think you could yes. I'm not fully versed on other course out there, however maybe worth looking around before deciding. I'd say yes though, you could definitely build upon what Antons course teaches. It's a decent foundation if you know very little. If you have a decent grip already, then maybe not so much

Thanks D1888.

I think I know a fair bit already and have a good understanding of what a "top down macroeconomic asset allocation" trading strategy actually is so I may not come away with much learning. Anton is releasing a few books on his trading approach over the next few years. I may save my money and wait for those.

The videos on probabilities, volatility and beta hedging looked interesting. Does Anton touch much on short selling?

With the lifetime membership do you have the opportunity to meet up with fellow institute traders? Having access to such a community sounds as if it could be worthwhile.

Thanks D1888.

I think I know a fair bit already and have a good understanding of what a "top down macroeconomic asset allocation" trading strategy actually is so I may not come away with much learning. Anton is releasing a few books on his trading approach over the next few years. I may save my money and wait for those.

The videos on probabilities, volatility and beta hedging looked interesting. Does Anton touch much on short selling?

With the lifetime membership do you have the opportunity to meet up with fellow institute traders? Having access to such a community sounds as if it could be worthwhile.

The probability and volatility videos are very basic. The beta stuff is a bit better. They at least get into a degree of sophistication. He doesn't get into shorting in a specific way. He does go into spread trading. That is essentially what he is teaching as the approach. A long/short portfolio. So you'd be hedging out risk by the fact that you are long a stock, short a stock. Say a long Apple short Amazon. The idea is that you believe that Apple will outperform Amazon. You can Google spread trading and you'll see what it is if you aren't already up to speed on it. It's a fairly simple concept. The tricky part is selecting the correct combination. For me in terms of stocks that is more from the micro side (bottom up). Depends on your style I suppose.

There is a community if you decide that you want to trade an Institute account I believe. I never used them for an account. I would have potentially however I wasn't sure about doing that based on the fact that I felt the videos were not as they were sold. It's a difficult one to explain as I am not slating them as such. I just feel that the marketing is very aggressive in terms of how "comprehensive" the course is. Then you go through it and realise that it is far from comprehensive. Obviously that is the way of the world. A business is there to sell and it's marketing will be designed around that. You never really enjoy chocolate the way you think you will when you see it on the shelve! It just put me off having an account basically. I don't mind a product that is not quite as it is presented, that is normal. I just had a personal issue here because of the vast gulf between it's presentation and it's reality. I'm absolutely not saying that I was hoping for a magic wand of a programme. I'd never expect such. I did expect slightly more sophistication though. Maybe someone could add something to this thread that contradicts what I say overall?

I don't know about institute events in terms of being able to network in person. If that is possible then all good I'd imagine. On the community I am pretty sure if you have an account with them there is a live chat community. I can't say 100% though. If there is then you'd obviously get the benefit of the ideas and analysis of all traders for sure. I believe they want a minimum £10k for an account also.

Hope that helps.

Who's enjoying the Anton Kreil "I'll teach you how to trade like a professional because everyone else is a complete idiot" storyline?

Anyone been to a seminar or done a 1-to-1 ?

Thoughts?

Bought the course myself.
At the beginning I thought I learned something new.

Then after a while you realize there is a lot of nonsense.

His approach is to pick stocks from ISM and ESI reports.
What's the best performing sector? Pick those stocks.
Fact is that all the reports are publicly available so why doesn't everybody do that?
If it was so simple we would all be millionaires!!!

From my point of view this approach is just to put a certain number of stocks in your basket.

Fact is, when the market is bullish almost all large cap stocks go up and vice versa.

So in my opinion his approach is just wasting time in futile analysis.

It would be easier to pick a basket of large cap stocks almost randomly.
In the end Anton himself says that the top traders get the 55% of the trades right.

It means that even with his method, if you are a star you would fail 45% of the time so you will have losses anyway.

Also because the reports come out every month you may put some stocks in your watch list but then you need to wait to see how they perform before committing a trade.

Fact is that next month the stocks you picked may be in the worst sector according to the reports so what would you do? Start everything again?

beta hedge is another waste of time imo. You are better off by hedging using the index rather than looking for shares with a beta that suit your long stock.

So in my opinion his method is just gimmicks in order for you to find stocks to put in your basket that you may find with other methods.

Last point. The only thing he looks at in a stock is PE and says that you have to work smart, not hard.
As GS elevator gossip said, odds are that you are lazy and stupid!

Remember that at IBs if you are a trader you are a MM.

So 95% of the time he was executing trades for clients getting paid commissions.
5% of the time he was probably picking his nose!!!

All I think is that Anton is a very intelligent guy because he's very good at marketing, not trading. Otherwise he will be making money by doing it sat on the private beach his Phuket penthouse.

If he's not doing it for living it's because he knows how difficult it is.

It seems that a lot of people are happy with the course.
I am not but not because I don't think it's not good, just I disagree with his method and find it very naive.
But you can still make money by following his approach.

All I think is that Anton is a very intelligent guy because he's very good at marketing, not trading. Otherwise he will be making money by doing it sat on the private beach his Phuket penthouse.

If he's not doing it for living it's because he knows how difficult it is.

aha. I hear the sound of a penny dropping...:confused:

Thanks again everyone. These are good responses.

ISM and ESI reports? Any others that Anton mentions to look at?

These threads are always largely speaking full of of serious bias. I'm not 100% sure on what the value is here, and to be honest I'd be interested to know what comparisons that you have D1888 Re your comments? It seems to me that you are trying to be very clever with your overall description of this programme. On first read you seem to be very genuine and helpful, all be it, it seems to me that you are being almost too helpful? Are you who you say you are? As in, you seem to give the odd potentially "deliberate" positive, yet mostly you seem to be focused on being negative? Rat smelling and all that. Maybe you could out yourself with your real name to add some credence to what you are saying? It's very easy to post this stuff without a real name right? I have two friends, one very close, that have been through this course. I'll add for the record that I work as a portfolio manager first of all, and second I work for a firm that you could argue are distantly in competition with the guy/firm that provide it. On that basis you'll find it very difficult to pose any impartiality issues with me.

I won't go into thesis mode the way you have, however I will give you a brief view (more for the benefit of the overall audience). What you describe is no less than a professional approach to asset selection. What my friend who has been through the programme describes is the same, and I think I should know. Analysis on the probability of certain assets providing a realistic opportunity, measuring volatility, getting into depth on macro and micro data from the top/bottom, hedging, managing risk and yourself, and being told many of the pitfalls of the industry seems to me to be advice that is pretty damn good. Are you expecting a magic wand and to be hand held? If you are you are looking for someone to hold your hand you are wasting your time as nobody would be expected to provide you with that. Seriously, are you on the right planet? Maybe you're "brother" can hold your hand ;-).

Anyway, you are being given a platform and a process to follow and to me that process sounds pretty much spot on for a retail guy wanting to emulate as best as he can what goes on in the real world. You're never going to do what is done in a hedge fund as quite clearly you don't have the funds or access, however you can use a systematic process to build portfolios, manage your risk, avoid blowing up, and maybe increase your wealth meaningfully and positively over time. Is that not the platform you describe above, that you have received?

Why you need to find means to slaughter whoever just because it's the thing to do is a reflection of yourself. I'll repeat, I have no reason to be positive about any other firm/guy, however most teach crap. You are lucky you have been shown something that can be defined as educational. Maybe go try and use it and do what successful people do. Take the tools that you have been given and make it happen. Or you can just whine if you like.

Direct yes, but all accurate

Hey Paul

thanks for that 1st post at T2W........

this is the T2W forum .......it allows free speech and people to air opinions on all trading matters

if a vendor sells wares and services for $$$'s we can open debates on it ........in fact you can believe it will be discussed in the spirit of sharing opinions and points of view

members can say what they damn well like as long as rules are followed regarding observing obsenity and moral codes of conduct ............and naturally differences of opinions will happen

in fact for me ..2 Traders in a room with the same opinion is 1 trader too many .....

your comments are noted ...along with the others here .......

thanks
N

Last edited:
Maybe you could out yourself with your real name to add some credence to what you are saying? It's very easy to post this stuff without a real name right?

Why don't you do it?
A couple of friends of yours took the course and you bother opening an account here and post about it????!!!!

C'mon!!!!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Thanks for that NVP, it's good to get a free lesson on the definition of forum. Glad you go that out of your system.

Cocoz, do you open accounts and post about things that your friends buy? I happened opened this account for reasons other than what my friends do believe it or not, however I did come across this post and made the contribution, as NVP so rightly states is my forum priv. My post on it is 100% truthful, like it or not. I have no reason to be supportive of this guy. Check me out, you'll see. What I am saying is that I don't buy that D1888 is genuine. You must have gathered that was my inference. There is nothing false in what I have posted. Yes there is a degree of strength behind my directness towards D1888, however I think that is fair. If you read the entire post it looks classic deliberate discrediting. To me it looks too perfect. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

Here I am for you perusal and approval :)

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=146674940&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile

Maybe we can all out ourselves? None of you guys seem to be dealing in birth names?!

I'm at odds whether to purchase this course. I have a discount available to 21 December. Has anyone else here purchased, reviewed the course?
I have been trading full-time for 5 years from a purely technical/price action view point with mixed results. I like the idea of building a portfolio as an investment stream and welcome any other insights into the course?

So PaulCT&I you do support Anton's course and see it of value (I got lost in your conversation directed at D1888)??

I'm at odds whether to purchase this course. I have a discount available to 21 December. Has anyone else here purchased, reviewed the course?
I have been trading full-time for 5 years from a purely technical/price action view point with mixed results. I like the idea of building a portfolio as an investment stream and welcome any other insights into the course?

So PaulCT&I you do support Anton's course and see it of value (I got lost in your conversation directed at D1888)??

Correct!

Now whether its actually and legally defined as a 'scam' i'll leave to you. He is an excellent marketer via im and direct. the course offers info that he values at $x, if you feel its worth the same $x, then its not a scam. However it does not offer what is advertises, as per previous comments.
Out of interest if he sold this for $99, no-one would buy it as they would thinks it was not a good product, charge big bucks and people want it. Human nature is fascinating!

Big prices also allow for big discounts...come on this is the standard sales talk we all know about.
I was going to sell my house for a million bucks but today im selling it at $600,000, 1 day special. Oldest trick in the book to get you to sign up

A great marketer he has further add-ons bringing in further $ such as his institute, commission etc. Part of me thinks this guy is great for earning so much with little risk, nothing illegal, and if you dont make it, its your fault!. Classic trading training.

He also works very hard offering his free seminars selling this face to face. Out of interest when questioned in the Q&A he claims very strongly that it is impossible to make money on a consistent basis (time) via day trading or via spread betting, and therefore this is why his course is so good as its all about doing what GS does.

I will leave it to you as to whether anyone can make money day trading.

I'll end with the comment a product is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting David. I can't see where the scam aspect is personally as in reality for it to be a scam you would need to be sold something that is the polar opposite of what you are being told that it is.

A sales approach in terms of going into things that maybe add credibility to a product whilst subtly discrediting other products is not so much a scam, just clever marketing as you say. Clever, but not wrong. At the end of the day every product on earth is marketed and sold like that. I've seen Renault Clio's on TV adverts that look incredible!

As far as discounting goes surely every product in certain categories have their headline prices and beyond, scope for negotiation? Again, it's not unusual, sinister, or anything close to scam territory. I also find it difficult to construe a face to face seminar as a negative? Why would someone see it that way unless they were looking for negatives? That is as direct as it gets in terms of opening yourself up to people. It is very difficult to duck and dive questions from a significant audience.

Spreadbetchick? I have no idea what that is haha, and I am not sure I really want to!

On the GS side it is fair to say that the guy will use that for credibility, of course he will, wouldn't you? Anyone would. And he is quite right to. I don't think it is something to add to the argument that the course is a scam. For sure, you wont be trading afterwards like a GS trader as they don't do what a retail guy is going to do, however I haven't really seen him saying specifically that would be the case anyway?

As far as day trading goes of course you can make money from it. The problem is when you trade in conditions that aren't appropriate in terms of providing the opportunities to make money within certain parameters of risk. Day trading to often will result in you losing your cash. That is pretty much a fact. It's pretty easy to demonstrate that, and moreover for a retail guy with poor resources re pricing and general transaction costs you'd really be struggling to day trade full-time. The problem with it is that most guys really trade either or. That is day-trade or try to take longer term positions. Combing both may well provide better opportunities with less risk for the retail guy. Most retail guys also approach their investments/trading with a wildly unusual method. As in, they strip out profits and try to claw back losses. It's a mathematical holocaust.

This is the last thing I am going to say about this guys programme, as to be pretty honest I'm not overly interested! I only commented because I see a lot of this stuff where people are very reluctant to praise, or at least not criticize. I see nothing to suggest the thing is a scam. In actual fact, for a retail guy it looks to be decent. At the end of the day you can't expect to be given something that you can't implement. This seems to lay things out in simple terms in a way that a retail guy with minimal resources would be able to implement. That's the reality. No scam for me.

If you are going to be so direct by calling it a scam, maybe you should evidence that. Pretty strong words with not a lot backing them up.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I'm considering paying the $1,500 for Anton's Masterclass (the one-month access--I'm not sure paying twice as much money just to have the material for lifetime is worth it). I've had some success trading the markets for the past couple years, but I chalk that up primarily to mostly being long in a raging bull market, rather than anything particularly wise I've done.

I'm skeptical of Anton's class for some reasons, but also unwilling to completely dismiss it. I would love to hear more thoughts from anybody who's completed it recently. (I'm not interesting in paying for the individual mentoring, just the class.)

Also, to maybe preempt this a bit, I'm not persuaded by the logic that says "if Anton was a good trader himself, he wouldn't be peddling this stuff to retail traders." That logic is flawed in several respects, not the least of which is that many people believe that the best way to build wealth is by developing multiple streams of income. I'm quite sure nobody here would argue that an excellent trader has no reason to own rental property, no reason to work a full-time job outside of trading, no reason to be a venture capitalist, etc. There are plenty of fraudulent gurus out there, but I try to evaluate that on a case-by-case basis. Successfully doing and successfully teaching are not mutually exclusive in all instances.

Anyway, would love to hear input from anybody. I won't be defensive if you say, "Don't take the class, you fool!", but I would appreciate it if you would provide your reasons.

Thanks!

*edit* ALSO: If anybody can tell me how to obtain the discounts on the class mentioned in this thread (one person mentioned a 40% discount), I would appreciate it!

Last edited:
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I'm considering paying the $1,500 for Anton's Masterclass (the one-month access--I think don't think paying twice as much money just to have the material for lifetime is worth it). I've had some success trading the markets for the past couple years, but I chalk that up primarily to mostly being long in a raging bull market, rather than anything particularly wise I've done.

I'm skeptical of Anton's class for some reasons, but also unwilling to completely dismiss it. I would love to hear more thoughts from anybody who's completed it recently. (I'm not interesting in paying for the individual mentoring, just the class.)

Also, to maybe preempt this a bit, 'm not persuaded by the logic that says "if Anton was a good trader himself, he wouldn't be peddling this stuff to retail traders." That logic is flawed in several respects, not the least of which is that many people believe that the best way to build wealth is by developing multiple streams of income. I'm quite sure nobody here would argue that an excellent trader has no reason to own rental property, no reason to work a full-time job outside of trading, no reason to be a venture capitalist, etc. There are plenty of fraudulent gurus out there, but I try to evaluate that on a case-by-case basis. Successfully doing and successfully teaching are not mutually exclusive in all instances.

Anyway, would love to hear input from anybody. I won't be defensive if you say, "Don't take the class, you fool!", but I would appreciate it if you would provide your reasons.

Thanks!

*edit* ALSO: If anybody can tell me how to obtain the discounts on the class mentioned in this thread (one person mentioned a 40% discount), I would appreciate it!

Hi there, I am glad to offer you my input. After all I was in your position not too long ago and because of PaulCT&I I took the leap of faith- thanks Paul (I'm glad I did). This forum was the only place I found some info on his course.
Well I opted for the lifetime access (at the time I did get a discount code, Anton offers them in conjunction to his Trading the Truth Seminars. The one have is now expired). So even with the discount and my poor exchange rate it was still pricey, but I believe decent value.
Note,i have not finished the course but have viewed 3/4's of the videos.
What I like, for me the option to take my time to view and absorb all the information at my own pace and take the exam when I am fully ready (as opposed to rushing and cramming the learning within a one month time frame). This was the primary reason for paying the premium for the privilege. As a bonus for Lifetime members, I believe from time to time that they will also get some extra videos. I already have one PEG ratios.
I also like the simplicity of suggested resources that he uses and that it is all public free information. Additionally I like that he solely uses Microsoft Excel for his work.

I like Anton's structure of education (being a teacher myself his teaching methods are good, ie he explains what will be learnt, the main ideas to be covered, then explains them in detail and finally recaps ).
I also like the order of his material, it flows well and seems logical. As far as specific information I like; he has provided me with a rounded view of the world economics from a top down view to apply this to trading (macro-micro) and all the steps in between to 'make that trade' by stacking the odds in your favour, and using the correct risk management).
What I don't like so much: so far there isn't much at all. However if I had to be critical it would be his initial 'day trading' doesn't work concept. His basic analysis to demonstrate is point of view is basic and flawed at best. Ie his method to assess that day trading doesn't work is based on 'buying on the open and selling on the close'. Everyone knows that there are ways to day trade with 100 times more sophisticated, back tested. Anton's basic 'day trading' doesn't work analysis is very short on convincing.
Other things that I don't like (minor) some of his spreadsheets are primitive, however they are still effective.

So do I think it is worth it? Yes, for my purposes indeed. I have been unsuccessfully trading for 5 years and have never used fundamentals nor have I built a portfolio or owned stocks. Therefore with Anton's credibility and experience I believe his approach rounds off my education. I have paid for other courses software etc. But this was the biggest investment. I also justified the price tag with 'any investment in yourself is never wasted'. I also hope that when I finish Anton's course I can stop looking for methods to trade.
I also highly value the tools & spreadsheets that he has provided and in doing so has provided me with extra knowledge edge how to use Excel.

I hope that my response has been of value and apologies for any grammar, spelling as this was all typed on my phone.

All the best with what ever decision you make whether to take the course.

I hope that my response has been of value and apologies for any grammar, spelling as this was all typed on my phone.

Thanks so much for the input. Yes, your response is very helpful (and incredible that you typed it all on your phone). Really appreciate your input. I do see the benefit in paying extra for the lifetime access--and with a 40% discount, I would at least consider it. Hopefully I can find some way to snag me one of those, if I decide to take the course.

Hi there, I am glad to offer you my input. After all I was in your position not too long ago and because of PaulCT&I I took the leap of faith- thanks Paul (I'm glad I did). This forum was the only place I found some info on his course.
Well I opted for the lifetime access (at the time I did get a discount code, Anton offers them in conjunction to his Trading the Truth Seminars. The one have is now expired). So even with the discount and my poor exchange rate it was still pricey, but I believe decent value.
What I like, for me the option to take my time to view and absorb all the information at my own pace and take the exam when I am fully ready (as opposed to rushing and cramming the learning within a one month time frame). This was the primary reason for paying the premium for the privilege. As a bonus for Lifetime members, I believe from time to time that they will also get some extra videos. I already have one PEG ratios.
I also like the simplicity of suggested resources that he uses and that it is all public free information. Additionally I like that he solely uses Microsoft Excel for his work.

I like Anton's structure of education (being a teacher myself his teaching methods are good, ie he explains what will be learnt, the main ideas to be covered, then explains them in detail and finally recaps ).
I also like the order of his material, it flows well and seems logical. As far as specific information I like; he has provided me with a rounded view of the world economics from a top down view to apply this to trading (macro-micro) and all the steps in between to 'make that trade' by stacking the odds in your favour, and using the correct risk management).
What I don't like so much: so far there isn't much at all. However if I had to be critical it would be his initial 'day trading' doesn't work concept. His basic analysis to demonstrate is point of view is basic and flawed at best. Ie his method to assess that day trading doesn't work is based on 'buying on the open and selling on the close'. Everyone knows that there are ways to day trade with 100 times more sophisticated, back tested. Anton's basic 'day trading' doesn't work analysis is very short on convincing.
Other things that I don't like (minor) some of his spreadsheets are primitive, however they are still effective.

So do I think it is worth it? Yes, for my purposes indeed. I have been unsuccessfully trading for 5 years and have never used fundamentals nor have I built a portfolio or owned stocks. Therefore with Anton's credibility and experience I believe his approach rounds off my education. I have paid for other courses software etc. But this was the biggest investment. I also justified the price tag with 'any investment in yourself is never wasted'. I also hope that when I finish Anton's course I can stop looking for methods to trade.
I also highly value the tools & spreadsheets that he has provided and in doing so has provided me with extra knowledge edge how to use Excel.

May the silver bullet that you purchased (or at leat you thought you did) continue to fill your cup to overflowing with 89 Year old Scotch Mist. I've met the creep. He looks like a *****, he talks like a ***** , he comes over as a peins but if that is what you are into them all is ok until you lose half of your account in the first week.

To anybody who has taken the course, what was said about how to place stop losses when trading a spread/ratio? In theory if you started with a stop loss of 10% per stock then Stock A (your long) declined and Stock B (your short) gained as it lost value, Stock A would eventually be stopped out as it fell in value alongside Stock B.

What is said about how to maintain stop losses? The last material I saw didn't really cover risk management in terms of stops although position sizing and hedging by taking a long and short position was mentioned. (y)

Last edited: